Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Robot Chicken Volume 1 03.28.06

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Robot Chicken Volume 1 03.28.06

TV SHOWS ON DVD is reportin a 03.28.06 release with full specs check it out.
Old 12-16-05, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Never seen the show but I'm all over it, despite being a vegan Luddite.
Old 12-16-05, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As long as all the shorts are unedited, it will be mine.
Old 12-16-05, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice. Huge fan of the show.
Old 12-16-05, 08:15 AM

Good... now perhaps they'll release the next volume of Harvey Birdman along with it.
Old 12-16-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great news. I've been hoping to get this. THe shows are kind of hit and miss, but when they hit they are hilarious.

Thanks.
Old 12-16-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
They should be able to fit the entire season on a single disc. Some of the episodes are – what – like 10 minutes long?
Old 12-16-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Their like 10-15 minutes long or something...
Old 12-16-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
They should be able to fit the entire season on a single disc. Some of the episodes are – what – like 10 minutes long?
That hasn't stopped them from releasing other stuff like ATHF on 2-disc sets. I'm sure they could fit everything on one disc, even with all the extras. But I'm not complaining, as we get a cool digipack, and they're not *that* expensive, anyways.
Old 12-16-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i remember when the show first aired, and they had cut some stuff that had been shown in commercial, they said more would pop up on the dvd. So hopefully we will get stuff that cartoon network couldn't get pass the censors. Liscencing on this show has always boggled the mind. So many famous properties all in hte same place. I wondered how they would ever release it.
Old 12-16-05, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fielding Mellish
if they did that then they couldn't charge us again for the second volume. We all know that trick. I'm still getting this though....That show cracks me up!
Old 12-16-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The creators had stated months ago that they had big plans for the DVD and I hope they still do.

It took me a bit to get into the show even with all my friends telling me I would love it. Then once I found out Seth Green created the show I soon tuned in. Other than a few episodes of Harvey Birdman I find the original shows they air to be seriously lacking in the humor department but Robot Chicken is vastly superior.
Old 12-16-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've only seen a handful of episodes, but what I saw of it was pretty funny. I caught an episode a few nights ago where Speilberg was making Jaws: Special Edition. When they shoot the shark at the end, it has the updated Death Star explosion.
Old 12-16-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought part with the shark in a wig telling everyone to "let him go" was kinda funny.

The episode with "Enter the Fat One" where the guy from Nsync had to avenge the death of the other members was hilarious.

I can't wait for this DVD release.

Now all i need is Venture Brothers.
Old 12-16-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Funny show, a friend lent me them on dvd-r (taped from tv i think).

Being a Transformers fan, I naturally loved the optimus prime rectal exam sketch

Last edited by Dazed; 12-16-05 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
This is a great show! I'm happy they are releasing it!
Old 12-16-05, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Awesome show....Ode to the Nut shot....
Old 12-16-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by UAIOE
Now all i need is Venture Brothers.
I had read Venture Brothers is coming out the same month?
Old 12-16-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Excellent. I've only seen a few episodes, but liked pretty much all of what I had. I'll probably pick this one up when I get a chance.
Old 12-16-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yow! WONDER SHOWZEN Season One on the same day!!!
Old 12-17-05, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Love Seth's show and will definitely pick it up. Hopefully more Harvey and the Venture Bros will be on the way in 06 as well.
Old 12-17-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
We don't have this show in Canada, but I went to a horror/comic/anime convention last summer and one of the usual bootleg video vendors had this show playing on a TV (and were selling DVD-Rs of it for ridiculous amounts of money). The show looked funny (maybe it helps that I'm a toy collector) and I've been waiting for an official release. Great news.
Old 12-17-05, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awesome show. On the insanely small chance that someone is reading this thread and doesn't know what Robot Chicken is... go to your local Border's / Barnes & Noble / comic book store and pick up a copy of the magazine "Toyfare." Check the table of contents for the feature "Twisted Toyfare Theater," where they use the old 70's Mego dolls and custom made dolls of superheroes to make some insane stories. That's Robot Chicken.

Now we need more Harvey Birdman and Brak Show. And, of course, Venture Brothers.

At the risk of threadjacking, what the hell has happened to Adult Swim? With the exception of Robot Chicken and Venture Brothers, this new crap they've been showing has been horrible.
Old 12-17-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
At the risk of threadjacking, what the hell has happened to Adult Swim? With the exception of Robot Chicken and Venture Brothers, this new crap they've been showing has been horrible.
I was worried that it was just me. I mean ATHF is a show that takes a viewing or two to get into so I have assumed the same is true of the new shows. However, I am just not getting the new shows at all. Squidbillies, Boondocks, 12oz mouse, Stroker and whatever, etc have all seemed pretty shitty to me. Outside of Robot Chicken and Venture I don't think I have liked a single new show. I kind of wish they would just focus on new ATHF and Harvey episodes (Sealab is probably not worth bringing back without Murphy) and dump some of the new stuff.

Last edited by darkside; 12-17-05 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-17-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Squidbillies has a perverse oddness to it that is occasionally charming, but the really poor artwork doesn't help. I learned long ago to accept lower grade animation on stuff like Sealab, ATHF and the like, but they at least had high quality models they just didn't animate them very smoothly. 12oz Mouse I wanted to like, and I was hoping some really good, surrealist writing would overcome the absolutely horrendous artwork, but it just doesn't click for me.

Stoker and Hoop is some piece of shit that is only on the air because the producers have naked photos of some CN bigwig, including the gym equipment used and the names of the highschool aged girls involved. I cannot fathom otherwise how that got past a first pitch meeting.

I've only seen part of one episode of Boondocks, and my curiosity is piqued. I'm not sure if I'm a fan yet, but it's good enough that I'll try again. The bleeding-heart liberal-ness of the strip can be offputting, so I'm hoping the show keeps a more even keel.

I admit it took a viewing or two of ATHF to get into, but it wasn't outright revulsion at first like some of the new stuff. Venture Bros took a viewing or two to get into, but now I realize it's one of the best bits of animation out there right now.

Lets hope good sales of Robot Chicken let the Adult Swim folks know which direction to take their new series.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.