Veronica Mars -- "Blast From the Past" -- 10/26/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-05, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Blast From the Past" -- 10/26/05

"Blast From the Past"
Spoiler:
Veronica appears on a psychic's community access show to pursue a lead when she tries to help Jackie find out who stole her credit card.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Tessa Thompson, Kyle Gallner, Ryan Hansen , Michael Muhney, Erica Gimpel, Jeffery Sams , Brandon Hillock, Martin Yu, Linda Castro, Jonathan Chesner, Melissa Renee Martin, Claire Titelman, Dana Davis, Justin Foley .
Director(s): Harry Winer.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Phil Klemmer, Cathy Belben .

Original Airdate: October 26, 2005.
Old 10-26-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Veronica Mars 10/26/05

Loved Veronica's "bug" for Lamb.

Jackie is really becoming a nasty piece of work. Let's hope VM can use the bit about Lamb and Jackie's dad to get ahead.

Wallace is distraught and makes a decision that takes him on a road trip with pops.

Keith should have used the voicemail recording to undermine Lamb's mudslinging.

Overall, an average episode, but still better than most shows on a great night.
Old 10-26-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's just too much. Now we have Sheriff Lamb as a blackmailer? We've already got enough plots to keep us busy, we don't need any more. In fact, stop the Wallace's dad plot too, it grinds the show to a halt every second it takes up airtime.
Old 10-26-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps we won't be seeing Wallace anymore for a few episodes, which would fit in with some spoilers floating around.

Damn, Jackie is cold. Playing Veronica like that was nasty.

And no way would I believe Veronica would buy that type of cream as a freshman...she's too smart for that!
Old 10-26-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Perhaps we won't be seeing Wallace anymore for a few episodes, which would fit in with some spoilers floating around.

Damn, Jackie is cold. Playing Veronica like that was nasty.

And no way would I believe Veronica would buy that type of cream as a freshman...she's too smart for that!
She wouldn't have needed that type of cream, but that won't stop me from imagining her applying it to herself.
Old 10-26-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is Veronica bustier this season, or just wearing tighter bras?
Old 10-27-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually found that part with the pyschic talking about Lily, a bit spooky. Sheriff Lamb is being set up for the big fall.

I'm really liking the development of the intensity of the relationship between Veronica and Wallace. I know they will probably never get them together in a romantic kind of way, but their friendship runs pretty damn deep and you actually find yourself caring a lot more about their friendship than their relationships with their signifcant others. Duncan is especially a big snooze.
Old 10-27-05, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=442867
Old 10-27-05, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When I use the "search this forum" box (searching on "veronica mars"), that thread didn't show up for me, though the other previous VM threads did. I wish I knew why the search doesn't pick it up, it's not my intention to duplicate threads.
Old 10-27-05, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Is Veronica bustier this season, or just wearing tighter bras?
I think she has put on some weight. She looks great.

The episode was good and reminded me a lot of the first season.

How can a bug encased in platic pick up sound? It would need air to move the sound. Just thought it was a little too clever for its own good.
Old 10-27-05, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
1st time watching a full episode of this since Lost is on hiatus. Saw like half an episode last week.
Thought it was pretty easy to pick up on and it was enjoyable too.
Old 10-27-05, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the actual microphone of the "bug" looked to be on the outside of the casing, or there was some sort of "through hole"...it was dead center on the bug thing so the mic wasn't actually encased...trust me, watching the ep when they show a closeup on Sheriff's desk, you can tell....it would work. Good episode but I agree, the Wallace/Daddy story needs to go away.

MATT
Old 10-27-05, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think my local UPN station (Philadelphia) screwed up the commercial break. It felt to me like I missed what happened during the psychic show. It cut to commercial right after she said Lilly had said "you should have stayed away from my boyfriend".....and then when the commercial break was over, it just showed Veronica, in close-up, hearing laughter in the background.....
It wasn't until Duncan called Veronica later and she was making Chestt LaRue jokes that I realized something about the cream had been mentioned......

Can someone fill me in on what all happened on the psychic show?
Old 10-27-05, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
Can someone fill me in on what all happened on the psychic show?
You saw most of it. We see the psychic start talking about Lilly, then it cuts to Logan and Duncan's extremely uncomfortable reaction shot, and goes to commercial. Comes back to Veronica looking totally freaked, and the psychic saying, "Wait, wait. She has something else to tell us." cut to Wallace saying "This can't be happening." and Jackie looking a combination of pleased with herself and guilty. Then the psychic says, "It has something to do with... infomercials? She says you need to be happy with your own body. You.. don't... need... the... Mammamax?" Then the laughing and Veronica going from being freaked out to being mad at Jackie.
Old 10-27-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the addition of Jackie...it is nice for Veronica to have a nemesis.
Old 10-27-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It will be sweet when Lamb and Jackie go down. Sadly (or perhaps not) for Keith, I get the feeling that it will only happen after Keith loses the election.
Old 10-28-05, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Subpar episode, but it was pretty funny to see Veronica outsmarted for once.
Old 10-28-05, 08:45 AM

Veronica has been outsmarted several times, usually by her dad. I like that they don't make her some perfect detective that never fails to see what is going on. It was interesting to see Jackie prey on Veronica's weaknesses in order to convince her to help. She figured out that Veronica just can't say no to a mystery. I'd like to think that it is her sympathy for any sort of sob story and a desire to help those in need, but somehow I get the feeling that she really helps people just to get to the revenge part.
Old 10-28-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, you're completely right: How could I forget about the "exploding" safe scene from last season.
Old 10-28-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the episode, but I am going to be very disappointed if Wallace isn't around. He makes the perfect best friend/sidekick, and it would be sad to see him go. I agree that Duncan is a snoozefest, but I've mentioned that many a-times so I will try and let it slide from now on. I've always thought the Sheriff was a dirtbag, but he seems to be stooping to bottom just to win the election. I don't really like Jackie, so it was great when Wallace put her in her place on the phone. He's keeping his pimp hand strong
Old 10-28-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What bed was keith mars sleeping in near the end of the episode? When he comes home veronica asked him where he was.

How could that bug send a signal to veronica's computer?
Old 10-28-05, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jlbkwrm
You saw most of it. We see the psychic start talking about Lilly, then it cuts to Logan and Duncan's extremely uncomfortable reaction shot, and goes to commercial. Comes back to Veronica looking totally freaked, and the psychic saying, "Wait, wait. She has something else to tell us." cut to Wallace saying "This can't be happening." and Jackie looking a combination of pleased with herself and guilty. Then the psychic says, "It has something to do with... infomercials? She says you need to be happy with your own body. You.. don't... need... the... Mammamax?" Then the laughing and Veronica going from being freaked out to being mad at Jackie.
thanks very much.....no idea how my UPN station managed to cut this off.....
Old 10-28-05, 09:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
ok episode

Glad we'll get a break from Wallace and his dad.

Looking forward to when Jackie gets what's coming to her.
Old 10-29-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
When I use the "search this forum" box (searching on "veronica mars"), that thread didn't show up for me, though the other previous VM threads did. I wish I knew why the search doesn't pick it up, it's not my intention to duplicate threads.
No worries.

An okay episode at best for me too. I'm hoping that the November sweeps episodes are much better than this week.
Old 10-31-05, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Man, I thought this was one of the best episodes of "Veronica Mars" I've ever seen.

All of the stuff with Veronica and Wallace was a long time coming but well worth the wait. I love that he isn't a complete pushover and able to stand up to her and call her on her shit. The same thing happened to her dad to, with Alicia catching Keith snooping in her stuff (though part of me sides with Keith, as Alicia involved him as her personal "muscle" without explaining important information.)

We also got to see Duncan and Logan moving back towards friendship, something that I've always liked about those two. Duncan especially has been much improved lately, with some cute moments with Veronica in the past few episodes.

Loved the stuff with Lamb, as I think he's a good counter to Keith and makes from some interesting possibilities this season. They're really laying a lot of groundwork this season, with the race, the stepmom, the new father, Jackie, the murder on top of the bus crash. Can't wait for me.

Oh, and I LOVED Wallace's "Papa was a Rolling Stone..." performance - a perfect scene.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.