Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Lilja-4-Ever on DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lilja-4-Ever on DVD?

Wondering if any news of a R1 release is out there. I have seen the movie in other regions, and wondering how soon before it shows up. Been almost 3 years now since its release in theaters

IMDB FOR LILJA-4-EVER

Old 01-24-05, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know anything about an R1 release, but I've got the Swedish R2, and am perfectly happy with it.
Old 01-24-05, 05:39 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

if this film gets treated the same way R1's of Moodysson's other films have been treated, i would still opt for the Swedish or UK R2 release.

reviewed at dvdcompare.net
reviewed at dvdbeaver.com
Old 01-24-05, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wrote the US distributor, Newmarket Films ([email protected]) in November 2003 about their DVD release plans. I received the reply
Although nothing is scheduled yet, we hope to release Lilya on DVD next year (2004)
In the meantime, I bought the R2 PAL UK release from Metrodome when it was on sale at Amazon UK (I paid an astonishing $15 delivered--too bad the price has gone up again). It also contains a long interview with Lukas Moodysson. DVD Beaver picks the UK version (mainly because of the interview, although the picture quality may be marginally better with the Swedish Sandrews Metronome--also R2 PAL).

As for Newmarket, it appears that Sony/Columbia TriStar does their DVD releases (with the exception of The Passion of the Christ, which went to Fox). You might try emailing them for an update, or just buying one of the R2 discs.
Old 01-24-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, I couldn't wait for the R1 so I went ahead and picked up the R3. Nothing like throwing in this flick to cheer the room up!
Old 01-24-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by matome
Yep, I couldn't wait for the R1 so I went ahead and picked up the R3. Nothing like throwing in this flick to cheer the room up!

i think i may send an email as well just to keep the interest peeked
Old 01-24-05, 07:28 PM

I've been waiting for this one too. Saw it in theaters and what a movie! I'll email them too.
Old 01-24-05, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I don't know anything about an R1 release, but I've got the Swedish R2, and am perfectly happy with it.
Absolutely.....furthermore Moodysson and R1 dont mix up well.

Regards,
Pro-B
Old 01-25-05, 12:12 AM

I have a very sad story about Lilja 4-ever.

The film and European DVD is supported by the United Nations (the thing the UK and USA almost broke the back of over the lies of weapons of mass destruction/Iraq invasion) and has lots of extras about how children are abused world-wide.

OK, what's that got to do with the USA? Well I'll tell ya, there is a convention called The Convention on the Rights of the Child where every country in the world has signed to say they will treat their children with respect and not enslave or abuse them.

When I say "every country" there are 2 countries who refuse to sign or ratify the convention. North Korea? Iran? Saddam Hussein's Iraq? Who are they? The USA and Somalia. Yes, Somali where those US black hawk (turned into a ridiculous film) soldiers were murdered and dragged through the streets and left mutilated for the TV news and great American public to see.

So, if you're going to the bother of emailing people drop an email to your political leaders in the USA. It's a shameful situation but it does not surprise sadly.

Back to the DVD. Go for the UK disc

UK buyers £7.49 (and with the wonderful Together £14.99)

Non UK buyers £10.49 (they'll take the tax off at checkout)

Or if you must have a sub-standard NTSC version look here

I hope to see Moodyson's latest film A Hole in My Heart soon.
Old 01-25-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Daniel Windsor
I have a very sad story about Lilja 4-ever.

The film and European DVD is supported by the United Nations (the thing the UK and USA almost broke the back of over the lies of weapons of mass destruction/Iraq invasion) and has lots of extras about how children are abused world-wide.

OK, what's that got to do with the USA? Well I'll tell ya, there is a convention called The Convention on the Rights of the Child where every country in the world has signed to say they will treat their children with respect and not enslave or abuse them.

When I say "every country" there are 2 countries who refuse to sign or ratify the convention. North Korea? Iran? Saddam Hussein's Iraq? Who are they? The USA and Somalia. Yes, Somali where those US black hawk (turned into a ridiculous film) soldiers were murdered and dragged through the streets and left mutilated for the TV news and great American public to see.

So, if you're going to the bother of emailing people drop an email to your political leaders in the USA. It's a shameful situation but it does not surprise sadly.
See post above.

Pro-B
Old 01-26-05, 12:56 PM

I got this reply from sending an inquiry to the above email.

The producers of LILYA 4-EVER have made a deal with NetFlix to produce a DVD for their website. However, there is no timetable for its release to the public. Please stay tuned to NetFlix.com or contact them for more information.
Old 01-26-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Simplistic
I got this reply from sending an inquiry to the above email.
Interesting - Netflix did this with The Croupier too.
Old 01-26-05, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WTF?

i don't rent...I never rent...Useless.

Walks away pissed
Old 01-27-05, 04:25 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
isn't there a limit for how many threads you can start and have on 1 page? especially when some don't even have correct info.
Old 01-27-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598
isn't there a limit for how many threads you can start and have on 1 page? especially when some don't even have correct info.
sorry if you have a problem with any info i have...to my knowledge the only thing wrong with any of my post is the date in the finding neverland/ national treasure thread which has more info inside...just trying to pass new info along. As far as new threads on one page, i doubt five is really a problem when they all have new dates. didn't mean to offend. enjoy.
Old 07-14-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Netflix has Lilya 4-Ever available for rent now. They say it's an exclusive (in region 1) and it looks like they're right. I saw this at a festival a couple of years ago and one day will want to watch it again, but it is a tough one to watch - I'm not ready to put myself through that again yet (brilliant film,though).

Last edited by bdots48; 07-14-05 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-14-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by bdots48
Netflix has Lilya 4-Ever available for rent now.
Thanks,i just queue'd it up.
Old 07-14-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i wonder if this is a title they sell used
Old 07-23-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Just got done watching it,wow it is a great movie,brutal but great.It really makes you appreciate how good you have it.
Old 09-29-05, 02:22 PM
Banned

Lilja-4-Ever on DVD?

Originally Posted by Cameron
Wondering if any news of a R1 release is out there. I have seen the movie in other regions, and wondering how soon before it shows up. Been almost 3 years now since its release in theaters

IMDB FOR LILJA-4-EVER

i got at www.raremovieimports.com

region free NTSC
Old 09-29-05, 02:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm sure in about a year we'll see "A Hole In My Heart" get domestically released
Old 09-29-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

damned bootleggers getting my hopes up
Old 12-08-06, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

a bump