Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

27x40 movie poster frames?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-03, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I get these? I searched around and all I could find was 24x36.
Old 07-23-03, 01:50 PM

suncoast; they have 27x40 and 24x36. i have 7 of them.
Old 07-23-03, 01:55 PM

suncoast and media play have 27x40 frames for about $20 each. cheapest I've found in any store. I have a good many of these.
Old 07-23-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I go to a Craft store called A.C. Moore. there are alot of them around the Wash DC area, not sure of others. But they have 40x27 and 41x27 for $15 each. I have 4 of them. Nice quality and you have you choice of colors for the outside edge holders of Silver, Black and Gold.
Old 07-23-03, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have 4 of these frames from suncoast. They look good for the price. I have a question though for others that own them.

Do you have a problem with the posters wrinkling inside the frame? Do you have any ideas on how I can keep the posters from wrinkling?
Old 07-23-03, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I buy mine at Aaron Brothers.
They're $33, but they're having a 1¢ frame sale, through August 3rd.

Rob
Old 07-23-03, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

IKEA sells frames that are almost exactly 27"x40"
Old 07-24-03, 08:49 AM

Do you have a problem with the posters wrinkling inside the frame? Do you have any ideas on how I can keep the posters from wrinkling?
I'm pretty sure the only way to prevent this is to have the poster mounted (on wood or some kind of sturdy board like foamcore) and then framed. I have one movie poster that's mounted (Dawn of the Dead) and it's the only one I own that doesn't wrinkle. Unfortunately mounting a 27x40 picture is damn expensive (hence the reason I only have the one -- and it was a gift).
Old 07-24-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
What I started doing was buying the metal frame from americanframe.com (about $14 shipped) and going to Michael's and having them cut a piece of foam for me ($5) and then buying a piece of plexi glass cut to size at Home Depot or Lowe's ($6). It costs a little more but it looks better than the cheap plastic slide on frames.

In addition, the posters are not always exactly 27X41. Of all mine: 2 Harry Potters, Amelie, Iron Giant, 2 Star Wars Episode 1, only 2 of them fit a 27x40/41 frame perfectly.

It's better to get the poster. Measure it yourself and order your frame color that you want (and there's a wide variety) at americanframe.com. They include the hardware to put it all together and clips to secure the foam and plexi-glass firm against the print.

I ordered a yellow to match the color of my Snatch UK Quad poster and it looks great.
Old 07-24-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Count_Zero
I'm pretty sure the only way to prevent this is to have the poster mounted (on wood or some kind of sturdy board like foamcore) and then framed. I have one movie poster that's mounted (Dawn of the Dead) and it's the only one I own that doesn't wrinkle. Unfortunately mounting a 27x40 picture is damn expensive (hence the reason I only have the one -- and it was a gift).
I did this with my Star Wars Episode I teaser poster (w/ Anakin by the hut casting Darth's shadow) and the Drew Struzan. I've been to sites that say they eventually probably will wrinkle and mounting them destroys any collector value.

If you get thick enough foam and the metal curved springy things that go between the frame and foam. It will help it secure in place better.
Old 07-24-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I just got my frames at Utrecht for around $16 I believe. Went to the store, bought the frame, foamcore and Spra-mount, and stopped by the local glass store for a piece of Plexiglass. Built the frame and mounted each poster in under a half hour. Hung on the wall and called it a day