Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Multi-CD Version Tracker

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Multi-CD Version Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Multi-CD Version Tracker

Is anybody aware of a website that tracks new CD releases and denotes any that have multiple versions? For example, the 4 new versions of the SP release, along with the 5th version on iTunes. Or say something that has an import with 2 extra songs, vs the traditional release in the regular chain stores in the United States.
Old 08-21-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
www.allmusic.com

??
Old 08-21-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember when an album 1st came out there were sometimes gimmicks, bonus tracks or special editions. Now all of the extras come out much later. Whatever happened to rewarding the loyal fans for buying an album when its released? Now they reward people for being non fans by waiting to buy the album or bleeding loyal fans by forcing them to buy it again.
Old 08-22-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveWadding
Yup! Thanks. I was specifically looking for the information from the "Other Editions" section.
Old 08-22-07, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by cactusoly
I remember when an album 1st came out there were sometimes gimmicks, bonus tracks or special editions. Now all of the extras come out much later. Whatever happened to rewarding the loyal fans for buying an album when its released? Now they reward people for being non fans by waiting to buy the album or bleeding loyal fans by forcing them to buy it again.
Take Interpol for example. No one expected them to blow up, so when they did, they needed a reason for diehards to reinvest in the CD.
Old 08-22-07, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another thing that irks me about different versions lately is the ones that have differing bonus tracks depending on what store you buy it at. So there'll be a "Best Buy Exclusive 3-track" edition of something while Walmart will have 2 bonus tracks and Target will have 2 others.