Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Final Sopranos - "Made in America" - 06/10/07 Part II (merged)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Final Sopranos - "Made in America" - 06/10/07 Part II (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
I figured out the Sopranos ending!

Okay, here's my theory:

Many of us believe the ending signified Tony getting whacked. The quote by Bobby on the boat was "You probably don't hear anything when it happens." So it makes sense that when someone gets killed everything just goes black and silent.

What if the cut to black wasn't Tony getting whacked, but was actually the VIEWER getting whacked? Sort of a little tip of the hat by David Chase to all the loyal fans.

People were always complaining that there weren't enough characters getting whacked in certain episodes, so think about it... what if the last person to get whacked in the Sopranos was US??

The Soprano family lives on, but we can't watch anymore of them because we all got whacked.

It's gimmicky, but kinda cool when you think of it that way.
The following users liked this post:
Dr. DVD (05-23-21)
Old 06-11-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr. JTH182, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 06-11-07, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of figuring out stuff, can anybody figure out why this topic needs it's own thread?
Old 06-11-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess it sort of makes sense. Think about it and everyone who ever DVR'd the show that's just the equivalent of us wearing a wire. Brilliant!
Old 06-11-07, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
If they whacked us, then we wouldn't be able to buy anymore Sopranos Seasons on DVD!
Old 06-11-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mittman
Mr. JTH182, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Just saw Billy Madison a few hours before the Sopranos on HBO2... I love that movie
Old 06-11-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
I actually like this interpretation. Makes sense in an ironic sort of way.
Old 06-11-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If they were wacking us, that would have been a very nice way to go out. But that was certainly not the way to illustrate it. they could have had a shooter come in the door and point the gun towards the viewer, from the sapranos table point of view, shoot, and fade to black. Then you wouldn't know who got shot... that would have made some sense and still had that mistery to it.

But it's pretty obvious the view didn't get whacked, just jacked on a decent ending.
Old 06-11-07, 10:23 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
what's interesting was that my SO's cousin who lives in Montclair new that they were filming at that restaurant (the name escapes me) for the final episode.
Old 06-11-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JTH182
Okay, here's my theory:

Many of us believe the ending signified Tony getting whacked. The quote by Bobby on the boat was "You probably don't hear anything when it happens." So it makes sense that when someone gets killed everything just goes black and silent.

What if the cut to black wasn't Tony getting whacked, but was actually the VIEWER getting whacked? Sort of a little tip of the hat by David Chase to all the loyal fans.

People were always complaining that there weren't enough characters getting whacked in certain episodes, so think about it... what if the last person to get whacked in the Sopranos was US??

The Soprano family lives on, but we can't watch anymore of them because we all got whacked.

you know i never said this to anyone but... you smoke entirely too much weed
Old 06-11-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Giles
what's interesting was that my SO's cousin who lives in Montclair new that they were filming at that restaurant (the name escapes me) for the final episode.
How exactly is that interesting?
Old 06-11-07, 02:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SexualPudding
How exactly is that interesting?
none what so ever...
Old 06-11-07, 02:17 PM
Suspended

i think AJ killed himself and Tony had a heart attack at the same time.
Old 06-11-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, here's my theory:

Were you on Howard Stern this morning?
Old 06-11-07, 02:20 PM

What anyone hasn't figured out yet is why this thread was sta...[cut to black]
Old 06-11-07, 02:22 PM
Suspended

What if the cut to black wasn't Tony getting whacked, but was actually the VIEWER getting whacked?
i whacked myself about an hour after Sopranos ended.
Old 06-11-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs
i whacked myself about an hour after Sopranos ended.
Did you fade to black after whacking yourself?
Old 06-11-07, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, the idea of the viewer getting whacked, sadly, makes a lot of sense. Quite honestly this ending was a horrible, and cheap way to end a great show. I hate it when directors try to keep things open and vague because they think they are being clever. Since the ending is open to interpretation, here is my interpretation, Toney's Arab buddies successfully smuggled and set off a Nuke, which they got from the Russian mob who wanted pay back for Paulie and Chris's botched killing of that Russian guy, who survive and was the mastermind of this diabolical plot. And somewhere in Italy, Furio simultaneously shed a tear and a sigh of relief.
Old 06-11-07, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's smart, kill off the people who might buy this season on DVD.
Old 06-12-07, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, here's my theory:

This is by far the stupidest thing ever written. You are reaching, reaching far. Just give up...the ending sucked, no matter how you insanely try to spin it.
Old 06-12-07, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBob
Actually, the idea of the viewer getting whacked, sadly, makes a lot of sense. Quite honestly this ending was a horrible, and cheap way to end a great show. I hate it when directors try to keep things open and vague because they think they are being clever. Since the ending is open to interpretation, here is my interpretation, Toney's Arab buddies successfully smuggled and set off a Nuke, which they got from the Russian mob who wanted pay back for Paulie and Chris's botched killing of that Russian guy, who survive and was the mastermind of this diabolical plot. And somewhere in Italy, Furio simultaneously shed a tear and a sigh of relief.
So maybe that was Jack Bauer coming in the door at the end?
Old 06-12-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The middle-eastern guys that the FBI were after managed to release a new virus in north Jersey. However, something went wrong and it doesn't affect living people, it only reanimates dead ones. Now Tony and crew have to again deal with Richie Aprile, Christopher, Tony B., Vito, Livia, Eugene, etc., all returned as zombies.
Old 06-12-07, 10:54 AM
Registered

The Final Sopranos - "Made in America" - 06/10/07 Part II

This is part II.

Part I can be found at:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=502918
Old 06-12-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I for one liked the episode a lot - and I'm sure it's been mentioned in the previous thread, but I think David Chase basically "whacked" US (the viewer) - just like when Melfie shut the door - you knew it was over. We were able to view the Sopranos family and how it operated and in the end we got whacked - hence the closing shot. Basically - it's over.....
Old 06-12-07, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't see it in the other thread, but basically the guy in the Members Only jacket was Phil's cousin!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.