Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any online stores with the craziest bargains who ship to UK - please ???

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online stores with the craziest bargains who ship to UK - Please ???

I'm a DVD junkie, happy with my experiences with DDD, DVDPacific.com, BSRMedia.com, Betamomline.com, and Amazon.com.

However, I've seen you guys posting some crazy prices, and when I check out the stores' shipping FAQs, my heart breaks as they don't ship outside US/Canada .

Any pointers/recommendations regarding online stores with crazy (bargain) prices and who ship to the UK would be much appreciated .

Thanks
Krish.
Old 09-13-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krish
I'm a DVD junkie, happy with my experiences with DDD, DVDPacific.com, BSRMedia.com, Betamomline.com, and Amazon.com.

However, I've seen you guys posting some crazy prices, and when I check out the stores' shipping FAQs, my heart breaks as they don't ship outside US/Canada .

Any pointers/recommendations regarding online stores with crazy (bargain) prices and who ship to the UK would be much appreciated .

Thanks
Krish.
I think that you might get more help if you asked this in the International Forum here on DVDTalk.
Old 09-13-06, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
I think that you might get more help if you asked this in the International Forum here on DVDTalk.
thanks for the pointer , I will try there
- however I posted in DVD Bargains since I'm only really asking about US stores - and this is where I notice such low low prices for the likes of The Office S2, Lost S2, Desperate Housewives S2, etc, etc
Old 09-13-06, 12:49 PM

I'm a DVD junkie, happy with my experiences with DDD, DVDPacific.com, BSRMedia.com, spam.com, and Amazon.com. I also know all the tricks regarding CD WOW.

However, I've seen you guys posting some crazy prices over at the DVD Bargains forum, and when I check out the stores' shipping FAQs, my heart breaks as they don't ship outside US/Canada .

Thanks
Krish.
Old 09-13-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the point is since 99% of us that read the bargan forum don't have a need to ship outside of North America...it's not something that we've educated ourselves on. I've never looked at a retailer/etailer with that need in mind....but over at the international forum, more of our members do focus on shipping dvd's all over the world and it is part of the focus there. Good Luck

Ron
Old 09-13-06, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks
Krish.

CDWOW. It's very UK friendly, and with the IOWA link or Monkeybargains link, you can get some killer deals.
Old 09-13-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

CDWOW. It's very UK friendly, and with the IOWA link or Monkeybargains link, you can get some killer deals.
Old 09-13-06, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Damed
Thanks, already know the CD WOW tricks (i.e. all £11.99/$22.95 items just cost me $12.95 ); was just interested in even better prices on offer for UK shipping...
Have spent £1,000s with them over the last six years.
Old 09-13-06, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
I occasionally find some good deals from the Korean site dvdheaven.com

Thanks, already know the CD WOW tricks (i.e. all £11.99/$22.95 items just cost me $12.95 )
BTW, is this different from the IOWA link?

Last edited by andicus; 09-13-06 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-13-06, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by andicus
I occasionally find some good deals from the Korean site dvdheaven.com

BTW, is this different from the IOWA link?
same link, combined with a $2 voucher... always works if you space out your orders
Old 09-13-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

same link, combined with a $2 voucher... always works if you space out your orders
Where's the voucher from?
Old 09-13-06, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Damed
Where's the voucher from?
on this forum's coupons section - www.dvdtalk.com/coupon.html - there is a link straight to the CD WOW site to enter your email address and obtain the voucher:
www.cd-wow.us/dvdtalk

- so you can stock up on them (I use multiple random names @ my web domain ); and they work combined with any .us discount link (such as Iowa) and are not tied to the email addresses used to obtain them

Last edited by krish; 09-13-06 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-13-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Wow! Don't know how I missed this. A great deal is now even better.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-06, 09:07 AM

Well.. the British site I'm most envious of (they won't ship outside of Europe) is http://www.play.com. It also has a sister site for R1 DVDs: http://www.playusa.com
Old 09-14-06, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by taronga
Well.. the British site I'm most envious of (they won't ship outside of Europe) is http://www.play.com. It also has a sister site for R1 DVDs: http://www.playusa.com
Play/PlayUSA aren't bad, but they usually have the higher prices.
Comparable Jersey-based retailers with competitive pricing include:
www.sendit.com
www.choicesuk.com
www.dvd.co.uk
www.thehut.com
www.blahdvd.com
www.hmv.co.uk

All are very good
- though I am not sure which ones (if any) ship outside of Europe, sorry

I always first pricesearch a title using these very useful sites that have saved me £££/$$$-thousands:
www.find-dvd-co.uk (for R2 titles - can also set up a pricewatch list, and receive emails when titles hit or drop below your target price; they have sister sites for CDs, books etc)
www.find-dvd.co.uk/r1 (for US/R1 titles and retailers)
www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk (covers all regions and worldwide retailers)
- all these sites give prices results in GBP
- I've always found the conversion result at www.xe.com/ucc to match my final credit card transaction +/- £0.05