Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any info on NHL: Original Six Series - Detroit Red Wings?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the only information I can find on this dvd set that comes out Nov 2nd:

"This four disc set contains a brief history of the Detroit Red Wings, wrapped around the three most recent Championship highlights (97, 98, 02) and for the first time ever, the five greatest games in Red Wings history, in their entirety as voted by the fans."

Anyone know what are the five games included? Are the championship highlights what they released in the past on video?
Old 10-31-04, 03:40 PM
bcd

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey, this is teh website that has the games that the "fans" could vote on. It will be exciting to see which ones that they chose. I hope this helps a little.

Red Wings LInk

bcd
Old 10-31-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here is the set on Amazon.ca. Does not give much of a description. However, if the game with the fight with the Avs on it. I will definitly be getting it. I love that.
Old 10-31-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here are the 5 games according to an ebay listing:

March 26, 1997 vs Colorado: The Brawl in Hockeytown
Game 7 vs. St. Louis, 1996 playoffs: Double OT - Yzerman GWG
Game 7 vs. Colorado, 2002 Western Conference Finals: 7-0 Shutout
Game 4 vs. Philadelphia, 1997 Stanley Cup Finals: 1st Cup in 42 Years
Game 3 vs. Carolina, 2002 Stanely Cup Finals: Triple OT - Larionov GWG

If anyone else wants this set, I made a Share the Love thread here: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=393647
Old 10-31-04, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds really good, i may pick this one up. and where is the rangers one?
Old 11-01-04, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I looked at NHL.com but no mention of any DVDs there. This must be a first in a series. I'd definitely pick all six sets up, but it would be nice to have actual details or a press release with plans for the other 5 sets.
Old 11-01-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone wants STL, post your email in the STL thread linked above, I'll be placing my order (along with the Lightning championship disc, which I think also contains the complete Game Seven) later tonight when I get home from work. Hurry!

PS: And here's a better cover shot of the set:

Last edited by jmj713; 11-01-04 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-01-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw this posted on a Red Wings forum (they said it is for tonight, Nov. 1):

DVD release

Fans will have an opportunity to meet former Wings Shawn Burr and Lee Norwood, and broadcaster (and former Wing) Mickey Redmond on Monday at the Hockeytown Cafe, with the release of the Wings’ Celebration of Champions DVD release.

They will be joined by other Wings alumni and will meet and greet fans and autograph copies of the DVD. Festivities begin at 7 p.m.

Wings fans chose the content of the four-disc set themselves in voting. The defining moments of the 1997, 1998 and 2002 Stanley Cup playoffs are included, along with the top five Wings games in their original broadcast, and an in-depth look at the great moments in Wings’ history.
Old 11-01-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, if the five games are truly in their entirety, as originally broadcast, then I CANNOT FREAKIN WAIT until they release the Rangers' 4-disc set! To have the 1994 Game Seven against the Canucks on DVD is all I ask, being a Rangers fan. I'll gladly buy all the rest of the Original Six sets, starting with the Wings, just to make sure we get that NYR set. THEN I can die happy!
Old 11-01-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jmj713
Man, if the five games are truly in their entirety, as originally broadcast, then I CANNOT FREAKIN WAIT until they release the Rangers' 4-disc set! To have the 1994 Game Seven against the Canucks on DVD is all I ask, being a Rangers fan. I'll gladly buy all the rest of the Original Six sets, starting with the Wings, just to make sure we get that NYR set. THEN I can die happy!
I would think that they would eventually release more teams if the Red Wings set sells well. It was a good idea to start with the team with the biggest fan base.
Old 11-01-04, 04:14 PM

Sweet.

My old VHS copy of the March 26, 1997 game vs Colorado wasn't looking so hot the last time I played it. Was thinking of transferring it to DVD without commercials, but I don't need to bother now.

I don't suppose they'll have an entire disc dedicated to Probert & Kocur fights from the 80's will they?
Old 11-01-04, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have all the Cup-winning games on VHS from 1994 on that I taped off TV, and have been meaning to start transfering them to DVD, but now I'll have a few that I won't need to, apparently. I just hope that the Rangers are next in line, because my tape of the 1994 Game Saven is over 10 years old now, and I would like to own that game in the best quality possible.
Old 12-02-05, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bump from the dead. This is a really great dvd. I was wondering if anymore team sets would be coming out
Old 12-02-05, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, I would love a New York Rangers set. Game 7 of the 94 Conference finals...mmmm....