Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The 117th US Congress Thread 2021-2023

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The 117th US Congress Thread 2021-2023

Old 10-05-21, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
re: The 117th US Congress Thread 2021-2023

Originally Posted by mcnabb View Post
This time the clowns are the looney lefties following Senator Sinema into the bathroom to harrass her about her reconciliation vote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...econciliation/

If both sides keep pulling this shit, we will never have any decent people who get involved in politics. Who the hell wants to deal with that nonsense, as people should be allowed to goto the bathroom in peace. Y ou keep doing this, all you are going to do is elect more narcissists in Congress who this stuff doesn't bother.
"Looney lefties"? "Both sides"? If you were any more transparent, you'd be made of glass.

But if you're interested in why the "looney lefties" did this, here's some information. It's a very long thread; I'm posting the first and last tweet, but click through for more details on what steps were attempted before this.

Old 10-05-21, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,505 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by dork View Post
I see, so blatant kinkshaming is allowed here now? smdh
In my defense, Sinema was in and out of that stall pretty fast. Id guess it was more of a golden showers type kink in this instance.
Old 10-05-21, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,505 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
"Looney lefties"? "Both sides"? If you were any more transparent, you'd be made of glass.

But if you're interested in why the "looney lefties" did this, here's some information. It's a very long thread; I'm posting the first and last tweet, but click through for more details on what steps were attempted before this.

https://twitter.com/clairenelsonaz/s...520446981?s=20.

https://twitter.com/clairenelsonaz/s...327657474?s=20
And on that note Ill add that nothing is more infuriating than an elected official not answering to his/her constituents. Cory Gardner pulled that shot in Colorado the last several years. Coloradans has enough of his shit and voted him out.
Old 10-05-21, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 284 Likes on 202 Posts

This time the clowns are the looney lefties following Senator Sinema into the bathroom to harrass her about her reconciliation vote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...econciliation/

If both sides keep pulling this shit, we will never have any decent people who get involved in politics. Who the hell wants to deal with that nonsense, as people should be allowed to goto the bathroom in peace. Y ou keep doing this, all you are going to do is elect more narcissists in Congress who this stuff doesn't bother.
Yeah, what the fuck is this shit? Holding a public servant accountable to do the fucking job they were elected to do is now "loonie"?
Those "looney lefties" are the actual people who worked on her behalf to get her elected, and now she's not only not following through on her promises to them, she won't even talk to a single one of them.

File this under "tell me you're brainwashed without saying you're brainwashed"
Old 10-05-21, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yeah, what the fuck is this shit? Holding a public servant accountable to do the fucking job they were elected to do is now "loonie"?
Those "looney lefties" are the actual people who worked on her behalf to get her elected, and now she's not only not following through on her promises to them, she won't even talk to a single one of them.

Get the fuck out of here with that fucking bullshit as you sound as crazy as them. You never cease to amaze me with your answers here sometimes. No matter what you think of politicians (even if they are evading answering questions, etc), they have a right to privacy. They have a right to go home to their house, go to the bathroom, even go out to a public place like a restaurant without being harrassed by people. But there is a line that has to be drawn with the public and politicians or nobody is going to want to serve because they don't want to deal with idiots like this following you into the fucking bathroom.
Old 10-05-21, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Get the fuck out of here with that fucking bullshit as you sound as crazy as them. You never cease to amaze me with your answers here sometimes. No matter what you think of politicians (even if they are evading answering questions, etc), they have a right to privacy. They have a right to go home to their house, go to the bathroom, even go out to a public place like a restaurant without being harrassed by people. But there is a line that has to be drawn with the public and politicians or nobody is going to want to serve because they don't want to deal with idiots like this following you into the fucking bathroom.
LOL, sorry, didn't' mean to trigger you.

"I'm clearly right in front of the elevator!"

Sinema is constantly compared to McCain and Manchin, but, regardless of what we think about those two, she's nothing like them. They love/loved explaining themselves to the media and being centers of attention. Sinema actively avoids talking with anyone - she just enjoys the limelight. She just wants that attention but without putting in any of the actual work to cultivate it.
Old 10-05-21, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Politicians do have a right to their private lives, but they also have an obligation to their constituents. If you don't want your constituents waiting for you outside of class and following you to the bathroom, meet with them in your office.

Old 10-05-21, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

LOL, sorry, didn't' mean to trigger you.
The lack of self-awareness on this site sometimes is hilarious as I was impersonating you with my over the top post.

Look in the mirror and you will see someone who was triggered.
Old 10-05-21, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers.
Old 10-05-21, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 681 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Politicians do have a right to their private lives, but they also have an obligation to their constituents. If you don't want your constituents waiting for you outside of class and following you to the bathroom, meet with them in your office.
Exactly. I'd argue that talking to constituents is MOST of what a politician should be doing.
Old 10-05-21, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

I guess you got nothing else then.
Old 10-05-21, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,860 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Okay, let's definitely "Both Sides" this unacceptable behavior in the Capitol.

Loony Lefties :

Wacky Righties

Old 10-05-21, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 778 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesbit View Post
All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers.
It's against forum policy for me to say, "Don't feed the trolls," but you know better than to respond like that.
Old 10-05-21, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Okay, let's definitely "Both Sides" this unacceptable behavior in the Capitol.

Loony Lefties :...

Wacky Righties...
No, no, you can't compare those - in one instance the people felt entitled to ask their senator questions. Questions!
The other, they were just doing what their dear leader asked them to do - how can you blame them?
Old 10-05-21, 05:07 PM

They were just tourists getting a tour of the Congressional restroom.
Old 10-05-21, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 681 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
It's against forum policy for me to say, "Don't feed the trolls," but you know better than to respond like that.
It's a Jay and Silent Bob quote when they are raging at people on the internet.
Old 10-05-21, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,228 Likes on 879 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
It's a Jay and Silent Bob quote when they are raging at people on the internet.
Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Old 10-05-21, 05:56 PM

Received 897 Likes on 519 Posts

Why, is it Tuesday?
Old 10-05-21, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay, let's definitely "Both Sides" this
Decker, as always you never answer the original question I asked. You take a fragment of someone's statement and focus only on that (you are a master at it here ) and ignore the main point. It's an easy tactic to do on the internet. Why don't you answer my original post and do you agree with people now following politicians in the bathroom? Where is the line of a politicians privacy or do you agree with Slop101 that everything is fair game. And my second point was that you may lose good people running for office that don't want to deal with that crap (no pun intended). So that leaves all of the Narcissists we have in Congress who don't care because that's why the are narcissists.
Old 10-05-21, 06:29 PM

Decker, as always you never answer the original question I asked. You take a fragment of someone's statement and focus only on that (you are a master at it here ) and ignore the main point. It's an easy tactic to do on the internet. Why don't you answer my original post and do you agree with people now following politicians in the bathroom? Where is the line of a politicians privacy or do you agree with Slop101 that everything is fair game. And my second point was that you may lose good people running for office that don't want to deal with that crap (no pun intended). So that leaves all of the Narcissists we have in Congress who don't care because that's why the are narcissists.
I called it unacceptable behavior in my very brief post (the part that you, for whatever reason, left out of my one sentence response). I stand by that. It's not something that I admire or condone. I do however think it's far less of a big deal than storming the Capitol and staging an insurrection. And I see people (not you, others) who perseverate on the former and minimize the latter and I don't think they are being consistent or honest in their condemnation of the behavior.

BTW : I hope it's okay with you that I took time out of my day working as a doctor to answer your question and add to my post count. I assure you that I am now done seeing patients for the day and am now only procrastinating on finalizing my notes.

Last edited by Decker; 10-05-21 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-05-21, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BTW : I hope it's okay with you that I took time out of my day working as a doctor to answer your question and add to my post count. I assure you that I am now done seeing patients for the day and am now only procrastinating on finalizing my notes.
Actually, I find it odd how many posts you have here being a Doctor. You actually have a very important job in this world and you waste your time posting here all day ranting about your patients to a bunch of strangers. What is your endgame to get gratification from a bunch of people you never met in your life?

Your sports posts are even more odd as sometimes it's almost like you are talking to yourself posting updates on your teams when nobody responds (sometimes posting a picture when you are at a game too). Do you have any friends? It's your life and you can do what you want, but I still find it weird that this is your goto place to reveal certain things about your doctor practice. This is a forum that was created because of DVD, a now outdated format that hasn't been relevant since the early/mid 00's. But to each his own......

Last edited by mcnabb; 10-05-21 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-05-21, 07:17 PM

Wow, you really want to double down on that (while ignoring my actual response to your direct question to me, no less)? Okay, let's see how this plays out.
Old 10-05-21, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, I find it odd how many posts you have here being a Doctor. You actually have a very important job in this world and you waste your time posting here all day ranting about your patients to a bunch of strangers. What is your endgame to get gratification from a bunch of people you never met in your life?

Your sports posts are even more odd as sometimes it's almost like you are talking to yourself posting updates on your teams when nobody responds (sometimes posting a picture when you are at a game too). Do you have any friends? It's your life and you can do what you want, but I still find it weird that this is your goto place to reveal certain things about your doctor practice. This is a forum that was created because of DVD, a now outdated format that hasn't been relevant since the early/mid 00's. But to each his own......
Maybe address the post and not the poster?
Old 10-05-21, 08:05 PM

You're like king of the ad hominem.
Old 10-05-21, 08:06 PM

Received 415 Likes on 283 Posts

Hmm I’m beginning to wonder If Decker is even a Doctor at all. No doctor I’ve ever met posts on a dvd messageboard.
Thank you for opening my eyes.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.