Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Has Trump announced a Presidential Library?

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 03-13-21, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I expect all manner of childish insults but I am curious. A Presidential Library is a given, even one-term failures like Carter and Bush 41 and disgraced Nixon have libraries. You'd expect him to want a place to toot his horn about Warp Speed and the Middle East peace process, and take credit for everything else. But I've not heard a word. Anyone know?
Old 03-13-21, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
Re: Has Trump announced a Presidential Library?

Cause he can't read shit.
Old 03-13-21, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 687 Likes on 440 Posts

It would just be orange-stained printouts of old tweets.
Old 03-13-21, 11:54 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 740 Likes on 528 Posts

Serious answer... He (and his team) honestly thought he was going to win again, so nothing is planned yet. Obama's library wasn't announced until 2014, well into his second term, and it's still not done.
Give it time.
Old 03-14-21, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

He's already announced the first six books for the library.
Old 03-14-21, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

I'm sure it will also have an upside-down bible.
Old 03-14-21, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan View Post
I expect all manner of childish insults but I am curious. A Presidential Library is a given, even one-term failures like Carter and Bush 41 and disgraced Nixon have libraries. You'd expect him to want a place to toot his horn about Warp Speed and the Middle East peace process, and take credit for everything else. But I've not heard a word. Anyone know?
There are no architectural plans, no actual conceptional idea of what the library will be but Trump did issue a statement that his goal was to raise two billion dollars for his library.

The grift never ends.
Old 03-14-21, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,235 Likes on 884 Posts

I'm sure that he and his family are working to hard to figure out how to maximize the amount money they can pocket from scamming their donors.
Old 03-14-21, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 142 Posts

I expect all manner of childish insults but I am curious.
Donald Trump is a big fat turd.

Does that meet your expectations?
Old 03-14-21, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 521 Likes on 245 Posts

Trump can read?!
Old 03-14-21, 10:09 AM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I assume it will have a stupendous collection of TV Guides.
Old 03-14-21, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

It will be hallowed ground for the MAGAts...
Old 03-14-21, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 285 Likes on 203 Posts

Just like everything else with trump, something grand and extravagant will be announced, but it'll just a be a ploy to grift money from his idiot supporters, promising something huge and delivering nothing.
Old 03-14-21, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 663 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Just like everything else with trump, something grand and extravagant will be announced, but it'll just a be a ploy to grift money from his idiot supporters, promising something huge and delivering nothing.
Ding ding ding, we have a winnah!
Old 03-14-21, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,871 Likes on 1,886 Posts

I'll take Places I Hope Never To Visit for $1000, Alex
Old 03-14-21, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,510 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
If thereís one thing Trump loves itís having his name on buildings. Thereís no doubt heíll build a library, the question is how much of those earmarked donations will actually go towards it.

My guess is Trump will use a fraction of the Library money to actually build the library and the rest will be siphoned to himself and his family.
Old 03-14-21, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 787 Likes on 514 Posts

Trump would love to have the biggest, most extravagant memorial to himself. He would also love to keep that money.

Which way will he jump?
Old 03-14-21, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 687 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Trump would love to have the biggest, most extravagant memorial to himself. He would also love to keep that money.

Which way will he jump?
If nothing else, he'll somehow bankrupt it.
Old 03-14-21, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 466 Likes on 387 Posts

His presidential library was permanently suspended by Twitter.
Old 03-14-21, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
His presidential library was permanently suspended by Twitter.
Old 03-14-21, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 579 Likes on 409 Posts

American Library Journal Report Weekly is reporting that there are no plans for a Trump Presidential Library ... there are plans for at least FIFTY "Trump President's Libraries." In a most unusual break from tradition, but not from Trump's ground-breaking leadership style, Trump Organization staffers have leaked the plans for at least one library in each state.

A leaked draft of a press release from John Barron states: "In an effort to bring tourism dollars and educational greatliness to all states, Trump Organization will be licensing out the Donald J. Trump (tm) name to libraries who wish to become Trump President's Libraries. For a reasonable and modest fee, ANY library can become a Trump President's Library and enhance the educational level of their citizens." The press release goes on to discuss plans for exclusive educational courses that will be made available (for a fee, of course) to participating libraries, including "real estate, asset management, entrepreneurship, and wealth creation." The release also indicates a series of civics and political courses "which will tell the real story of modern American politics as well as teach enhanced counting skills."

Off the record, other staffers have provided insights into the physical structure of the Trump President's Libraries. Public libraries who become Trump President's Libraries will have to build walls around their facility to keep homeless people and immigrants out. Each library will be required to prominently feature the Trump name on the tallest part of the building. Additionally, any maintenance or construction must be provided by the Trump Organization's construction branch (at discounted rates). Each library will feature a series of rotating museum-like-quality displays from Trump's time in office, such as "A White House is the Best House to Stand By", "How to Eat Like a President in the Drive-Thru", "This Button Brings a Coke", and "How the Grinch Stole My Election."

It is worth noting the name of these franchised libraries is not "Trump Presidential Library and Museum" as that is a very specific designation for federally maintained facilities. Rather, just like "The Office of the Former President" and a second-term, it is a concoction devised by Trump himself.

Requests for the libraries have already begun flooding in to Trump Organization headquarters. Texas Senator Ted Cruz has already filed paperwork to request the first library for Texas in Cancun. Lindsay Graham has begun drafting a request to host one in South Carolina, saying "Enough is enough, I just want to be helpful, count me in!" Even Mitch McConnell is trying to get in on the action. As the Minority Leader, he is trying to tap into state funds from Kentucky which are designated to enhance minority learning opportunities in public education. "We are in the minority, and we need this great opportunity to promote education."

Last edited by Abob Teff; 03-14-21 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-14-21, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Yes but all the books will be written in Russian and printed in China
Old 03-14-21, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,510 Likes on 984 Posts

Public libraries who become Trump President's Libraries will have to build walls around their facility to keep homeless people and immigrants out.

Thatís about as on-brand as anything they could come up with for a Trump Library.

If all of the Trump administrationís wishes are on the outside, what are they going to put inside his libraries?
Old 03-14-21, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Serious answer... He (and his team) honestly thought he was going to win again, so nothing is planned yet. Obama's library wasn't announced until 2014, well into his second term, and it's still not done.
Give it time.
Thank you for the one useful answer.

As for the rest of you, how pathological do you have to be when someone dares you to act childish and you do it anyway? If fishing was as easy as trolling Trump haters, the Deadliest Catch guys would have their quote in a day.

And now I sit back and watch you continue to prove me right.
Old 03-14-21, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 579 Likes on 409 Posts

Quota. If you are going to chastise me, do it right. Damn.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.