Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

What fictional characters would have voted for Trump?

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

What fictional characters would have voted for Trump?

Old 07-24-19, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: What fictional characters would have voted for Trump?

Originally Posted by tommyp007 View Post
Pierce Hawthorne on Community.
Pierce Hawthorne IS Donald Trump

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
I have to disagree with this vehemently. He would never fall for Trump's "business" acumen, and would have seen right through him. He wouldn't vote at all, or it would be a very fringe candidate.
Agreed. No way Ron Swanson votes for a major party candidate. I don't even think he'd vote Libertarian.

The entire Bluth family, save for Michael, would vote for Trump because the Bluths are the Trumps. From the criminal patriarch to the dumbass sons to the ditzy fake philanthropist daughter. Throw in a doofus son in law and really - what's the difference?

Old 07-24-19, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,232 Likes on 883 Posts

Seinfeld --

Seinfeld is generally apolitical.

Giuliani appeared in a cameo in the frozen yogurt episode, though he was more a of cypher and didn't touch on politics.

Jerry is a New York Jew in show business. I don't think there's any way he isn't a democrat.

George wouldn't be a registered voter just so he doesn't get called for jury duty.

In one episode, Kramer and Elaine were discussing George Will. Kramer thought he was handsome, and Elaine thought he was smart, to which Kramer disagreed. Even though Elaine respects Will's intellect, she refused to date a pro-lifer, so I doubt she would vote for one, either. Kramer, if he was even registered to vote, would probably be a third party supporter because of his quirky, specific tastes and interests.

Modern Family --

Jay - Probably a repubican and Trump supporter. He's a business owner, veteran, and sort of a crank even though he's reluctantly accepting of his gay son and his husband.. He's absolutely the MAGA hat type, though they'll never come out and say it.

Gloria - Could go either way. Some Latinas I've encountered are staunchly anti-illegal-immigrant. She's also a gold-digging trophy wife, so I'll say she leans republican/Trump.

Manny - Considering Manny's temperament (sensitive/cultured), I'd say he's probably a democrat.

Mitchell - gay, lawyer, environmentalist, democrat

Cameron - even though he's gay, he's still from the rural midwest, and he might be a deeply closeted conservative. I know at least two gay guys who are Trump supporters (judging by their facebook pages). That shit is really ingrained in you when you grow up in the sticks.

Phil - Could go either way. I could see him being a Rockefeller republican type. And a fan of Condoleeza Rice. If he voted for Trump, he did so reluctantly.

Claire - Could see her being a moderate republican like Phil, though I could see her choosing HIllary over Trump.

Alex - I think she's expressed some feminist leanings, and she's a brainy science geek. Liberal democrat all the way. No Trump for her.

Haley and Luke - Likely don't vote for even follow politics.
Old 07-24-19, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 569 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by movielib View Post
See the OP.
D'oh!

I swear I read that three times and didn't see Archie's name.
Old 07-24-19, 10:49 AM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Come on guys, Dale Gribble and Ron Swanson are libertarians.
Old 07-24-19, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Come on guys, Dale Gribble and Ron Swanson are libertarians.
From my experience, the majority of people who call themselves "libertarians" are reliable republican voters.

If all of the people who actually claim to be libertarians actually voted for libertarian candidates, Gary Johnson would be president.
Old 07-24-19, 11:35 AM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 164 Likes on 124 Posts

Who would John McClane vote for?
Old 07-24-19, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another no-brainer:

Rebecca Howe
Old 07-24-19, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, and for all the people suggesting Dale Gribble, Dale is another one who refuses to register, in order to keep his name out of the system. Instead, he'd vote for Trump under the name Rusty Shackleford. And his main reason for supporting Trump would be because he's worried about voter fraud.
Old 07-24-19, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 802 Likes on 538 Posts

DC's "Hawkman" might vote for him?

I heard that for a long time the character "Hawkman" was written as a hard ass Conservative; and that he and "Green Arrow", who's "a Liberal Hippie", are always at odds. "Captain Atom" being a military man might also be somewhat conservative.
Old 07-24-19, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 818 Likes on 560 Posts

Yes, I think the Katar Hol version of Hawkman, a general from Thanagar, would vote for Trump. Mentioned Captain Atom already, but hes another military guy. Same with USAgent. Flash Thompson too.
Old 07-24-19, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 663 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Yes, I think the Katar Hol version of Hawkman, a general from Thanagar, would vote for Trump.
Can a Thanagarian legally vote in the US?
Old 07-24-19, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Steve Rogers and Tony Stark certainly would vote for Trump. Bruce Banner wouldn't because he's a scientist and wouldn't be able to get past the climate change denial stuff. Thor wouldn't because he's an illegal immigrant.
Old 07-24-19, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
Steve Rogers and Tony Stark certainly would vote for Trump. Bruce Banner wouldn't because he's a scientist and wouldn't be able to get past the climate change denial stuff. Thor wouldn't because he's an illegal immigrant.
Absolutely no way in hell Captain America would've ever even considered voting for degenerate, racist bully like Trump.
Old 07-24-19, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Captain America would probably be a New Deal Democrat. Remember, he's from the 1940s and volunteered to fight in WWII, and saw firsthand how fascists operate. He was probably and FDR backer.

Tony Stark is probably a Republican; of the NeoCon stripe to be more specific. He'd probably vote for Trump.

Good call on Banner. Most scientists lean hard left.

Hawkeye, Black WIdow, Falcon, Fury, and War Machine have military/intelligence backgrounds so they probably lean republican. Fury, War Machine, and Falcon might be democrats because of their race, but they're still cogs in the military industrial complex and probably have an ingrained disdain for liberals that conflicts with their life experience with racism.
Old 07-24-19, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ultimaton View Post
Absolutely no way in hell Captain America would've ever even considered voting for degenerate, racist bully like Trump.
Agreed.
I don't think even Tony Stark would vote for him, despite his Civil War attitude.
Hawkman from Hawkworld wouldn't vote for Trump. Silver Age version, possibly.
Old 07-24-19, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 782 Likes on 512 Posts

Bruce Wayne. Billionaire trust fund kid, obsessed with law and order, on the radar of political fundraisers -- he'd vote Trump and get something in return.

Ned Flanders puzzles me. Ninety something percent of evangelicals favor Trump, but Ned seems completely uninterested in Christian politics. He just wants to live his own life in Christ.
Old 07-24-19, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 663 Likes on 468 Posts

Satan.
Old 07-24-19, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Received 660 Likes on 451 Posts

Frylock is too thoughtful, Master Shake, on the other hand ...
Old 07-24-19, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurt D View Post
Frylock is too thoughtful, Master Shake, on the other hand ...
Rereading this thread I actually was just about to edit my post because I meant to type Master Shake.
Old 07-24-19, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Captain America would probably be a New Deal Democrat. Remember, he's from the 1940s and volunteered to fight in WWII, and saw firsthand how fascists operate. He was probably and FDR backer.

Tony Stark is probably a Republican; of the NeoCon stripe to be more specific. He'd probably vote for Trump.

Good call on Banner. Most scientists lean hard left.

Hawkeye, Black WIdow, Falcon, Fury, and War Machine have military/intelligence backgrounds so they probably lean republican. Fury, War Machine, and Falcon might be democrats because of their race, but they're still cogs in the military industrial complex and probably have an ingrained disdain for liberals that conflicts with their life experience with racism.

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
Agreed.
I don't think even Tony Stark would vote for him, despite his Civil War attitude.
Hawkman from Hawkworld wouldn't vote for Trump. Silver Age version, possibly.
There's no way in hell Steve Rogers votes for Trump, especially since he lived during WWII and knows how this Nazi shit runs. I don't think Stark post creating Iron Man would either as in both comic books and in the movies he's more of a scientific and engineer than a playboy and would see though Trump's bullshit in a minute. Tony would dismiss Donnie the same way he dismisses Justin Hammer.

I feel all Avengers and Fury wouldn't vote for Trump. They can smell the bullshit a mile away. General/Secretary of State Ross/ Red Hulk on the other hand would vote for Trump hands down. But he's also considered a villain by many.

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Bruce Wayne. Billionaire trust fund kid, obsessed with law and order, on the radar of political fundraisers -- he'd vote Trump and get something in return.

Ned Flanders puzzles me. Ninety something percent of evangelicals favor Trump, but Ned seems completely uninterested in Christian politics. He just wants to live his own life in Christ.
I've been puzzle by Ned too but at the end he is a hardcore conservative and would vote for Trump to please Mike Pence.

There's no way Bruce Wayne votes for Trump. Bruce the playboy is just a facade. Batman is the real person and would have already found hard evidence that Trump collaborated with the Russians, including finding the peepee tapes, the Lindsay Graham sex tapes, the Putin/Trump/Melania orgy and the Pence/Fallwel/Graham sex tapes with underage kids.

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
Can a Thanagarian legally vote in the US?
I believe they have become naturalized US Citizens but who the fuck really knows with so many versions of Hawkman running around.

What about J Jonah Jameson? I think he votes for Trump.
Old 07-24-19, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
There's no way in hell Steve Rogers votes for Trump, especially since he lived during WWII and knows how this Nazi shit runs. I don't think Stark post creating Iron Man would either as in both comic books and in the movies he's more of a scientific and engineer than a playboy and would see though Trump's bullshit in a minute. Tony would dismiss Donnie the same way he dismisses Justin Hammer.

I feel all Avengers and Fury wouldn't vote for Trump. They can smell the bullshit a mile away. General/Secretary of State Ross/ Red Hulk on the other hand would vote for Trump hands down. But he's also considered a villain by many.

I've been puzzle by Ned too but at the end he is a hardcore conservative and would vote for Trump to please Mike Pence.

There's no way Bruce Wayne votes for Trump. Bruce the playboy is just a facade. Batman is the real person and would have already found hard evidence that Trump collaborated with the Russians, including finding the peepee tapes, the Lindsay Graham sex tapes, the Putin/Trump/Melania orgy and the Pence/Fallwel/Graham sex tapes with underage kids.

I believe they have become naturalized US Citizens but who the fuck really knows with so many versions of Hawkman running around.

What about J Jonah Jameson? I think he votes for Trump.
Yeah, even at his most Frank-Miller-out-of-his-mind-All-Star-Batman, Bruce Wayne takes down Trump and his criminal enterprise before he even makes it to election day, and probably uses Wayne Enterprises to destroy all of Trump's "legitimate" business interests while he's at it.

JJJ absolutely voted Trump, and he probably interviews him on the Fact Channel regularly.

Last edited by ultimaton; 07-24-19 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-24-19, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fry and Prof. Farnsworth would vote for Trump
Old 07-24-19, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
I have to disagree with this vehemently. He would never fall for Trump's "business" acumen, and would have seen right through him. He wouldn't vote at all, or it would be a very fringe candidate.

Though I doubt Ron is even registered to vote, since that would mean letting the government know his address.
Old 07-24-19, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kenny Powers
Vic Mackey, assuming
Spoiler:
he didn't end up violating the terms of his immunity deal
Old 07-24-19, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ultimaton View Post
Kenny Powers
Vic Mackey, assuming
Spoiler:
he didn't end up violating the terms of his immunity deal
was coming here to post Kenny. Not only does he vote for Trump, but he also gets a cabinet position in the administration

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.