Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Should the House Democrats open an impeachment investigation?

Old 07-22-19, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Should the House Democrats open an impeachment investigation?

I say YES. Trump has committed impeachable offenses, so he must be impeached. He must be held accountable for his crimes, lies, corruption, and abuses of power.

After Mueller testifies, an impeachment investigation must begin. It will provide maximum leverage in court.

If you agree, please tell Nancy Pelosi. Go to: https://www.speaker.gov/contact/
Old 07-22-19, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Should the House Democrats open an impeachment investigation?

They already tried last week....
Old 07-22-19, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nope - easiest way to make sure Trump wins reelection is to give him another "vindication!" bullet point.
Old 07-22-19, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Nope - easiest way to make sure Trump wins reelection is to give him another "vindication!" bullet point.
I say "Nope" too, but for a different reason. The Democrats don't have the self-control to present a cohesive and unified message.
Old 07-22-19, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes. Trump and his base will act the exact same no matter what is done and impeachment hearings will bring visibility to the Mueller Report that is not there. It will also do wonders for the Senate races as it will highlight to people that THEY need to get out there and vote these people out because there's no other way Trump will be removed. I'm willing to forget my 2020 arguments though if those arguing that it will help Trump get elected will drop there's as it's all speculation. Let's then look at if they should start the hearings if you take the politics out of it? Yes. Many times over.
Old 07-22-19, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree. If the Dems try to impeach Trump, they can kiss the 2020 election goodbye, and we will be stuck with him for four more years. His fanbase will go into overdrive if the Democrats try it.
Old 07-22-19, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes. If you are not going to hold an impeachment investigation on this president then you might as well just go ahead and amend the constitution to remove impeachment altogether.
Old 07-22-19, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
Yes. If you are not going to hold an impeachment investigation on this president then you might as well just go ahead and amend the constitution to remove impeachment altogether.
But, but, but....Clinton lied about getting a BJ!!!!! Aren't we all so thankful the GOP was there to pass Impeachment on him???
Old 07-22-19, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So what's the plan? To let it ride til the election and if Trump wins, start the impeachment proceedings then? I wonder if they'll indict him if he loses in 2020.
Old 07-22-19, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I say yes, but ask me again after Muller testifies in open court on Wednesday... I suspect that might be a tipping point although I do live in a multivese where nothing matters anymore sooo....
Old 07-22-19, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jpcamb View Post
I say yes, but ask me again after Muller testifies in open court on Wednesday... I suspect that might be a tipping point although I do live in a multivese where nothing matters anymore sooo....
I think Mueller's testimony won't change anything for the better. We already have people who have managed the mental gymnastics necessary in order to believe both that the Mueller Report completely vindicated the President AND that it was an illegal witch hunt conducted by a bunch of Democrat traitors. If his testimony contains nothing new, it'll be seen as further vindication and if it sounds damaging to the president, it's lies and bullshit.
Old 07-22-19, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
I think Mueller's testimony won't change anything for the better. We already have people who have managed the mental gymnastics necessary in order to believe both that the Mueller Report completely vindicated the President AND that it was an illegal witch hunt conducted by a bunch of Democrat traitors. If his testimony contains nothing new, it'll be seen as further vindication and if it sounds damaging to the president, it's lies and bullshit.
I agree. He could testify (truthfully) that he saw Trump in Moscow blowing Putin while the Russian flag flew overhead and no one new would believe him compared to today.
Old 07-22-19, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to see all of Trump's crimes brought into daylight, but this is what I'm afraid of.
Old 07-22-19, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by milo bloom View Post
I'd love to see all of Trump's crimes brought into daylight,
And I won't feel bad at all when the hero takes a fall.
Old 07-22-19, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's still too early, let's just wait until the genocide and ethnic cleansing.
Old 07-22-19, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
It's still too early, let's just wait until the genocide and ethnic cleansing.
"If we do that then, we may lose the 2020 election because we'll be alienating those Trump supporter who may vote for us"

Old 07-22-19, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The person who is not already motivated by Trump's rhetoric who will become motivated by his same exact rhetoric after an impeachment attempt does not exist.
Old 07-22-19, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe I've been placing too much faith in Pelosi. If she hasn't sat everyone on the committee(s) down and beaten in to them the critical importance of maintaining unified line of inquiry to their questions, then she probably isn't the leader I thought she was.
Any grandstanders that squander their minutes to bolster their own profile should be repudiated and marginalized after this . Teamwork is going to be everything here, because the corruption on the other side is too vast , deep, and united in their effort to retain power.
They'll stop at nothing, as they've proven plenty of times already.
Old 07-22-19, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
I agree. If the Dems try to impeach Trump, they can kiss the 2020 election goodbye, and we will be stuck with him for four more years. His fanbase will go into overdrive if the Democrats try it.
LOL, like they won't be anyway? That's their default state of being.
Old 07-22-19, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
Congress just needs to admit the Constitution is too vague as is and amend some things so that a shitstain like Trump can't happen again. They need to do this AFTER he's out of office, that way, it won't be seen as an attack on Trump specifically.
Old 07-22-19, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No, there are more important things than the circus which would result from such proceedings. He should still run the country -- even as imperfectly (BADLY) as he has been, it would drain too much energy, attention, and willpower from the 'psyche' of the body politic, and result in huge amounts of inertia -- worse than present!
Old 07-22-19, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Nesbit View Post
The person who is not already motivated by Trump's rhetoric who will become motivated by his same exact rhetoric after an impeachment attempt does not exist.
Sure there are. The apathetic Republican who doesn't follow politics that much but sees the Dems try to remove Trump again from office could absolutely go to the polls for him. A vast majority of people who registered as "R" are going to vote for him. It doesn't take much to push him over again,.
Old 07-23-19, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sure there are. The apathetic Republican who doesn't follow politics that much but sees the Dems try to remove Trump again from office could absolutely go to the polls for him. A vast majority of people who registered as "R" are going to vote for him. It doesn't take much to push him over again,.
So these people who will be convinced to go to the polls because heíd say the same shit heís going to say regardless - are they going to look into the details of the impeachment hearing at all?

also as I said above as insane as your scenario is to me Iím willing to drop my argument that it would be good for 2020 if those who are saying itíd be bad for 2020 would drop theirs as itís all speculation. How about we look at if they should impeachment him without the 4d chess instead then.
Old 07-23-19, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This shit of yours is getting tired and also makes zero sense.

What is more likely are the independent voters who will either stay home or vote 3rd party that will more likely be swayed away from trump if there are solid impeachment hearings. And by "solid", I mean the Dem congress needs to get their shit in gear and get on the same fucking page!
Old 07-23-19, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
This shit of yours is getting tired and also makes zero sense.

What is more likely are the independent voters who will either stay home or vote 3rd party that will more likely be swayed away from trump if there are solid impeachment hearings. And by "solid", I mean the Dem congress needs to get their shit in gear and get on the same fucking page!
A Republican who isnít super involved in politics but doesnít want to see a Repub president removed by the Dems is ďshitĒ? I disagree.

Itís like when you make fun of your brother but you leap to his defense if someone else does. I donít think my scenario is that farfetched.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.