Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Coast Guard Terrorist plotted to kill Democrats, Journalists, and "leftists in general"

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Coast Guard Terrorist plotted to kill Democrats, Journalists, and "leftists in general"

Old 02-21-19, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Coast Guard Terrorist plotted to kill Democrats, Journalists, and "leftists in general"

and bloated.
Old 02-21-19, 04:21 PM

Re: Coast Guard Terrorist plotted to kill Democrats, Journalists, and "leftists in general"

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
If Capt Picard was a Nazi.
So, Green Room?
Old 02-21-19, 04:24 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Old 02-21-19, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by coli View Post
I hope you guys started a thread when the 'Bernie' supporter start shooting up the House Republicans (Including Republican House Leader Steve Scalise) on the Baseball Field a few years ago, and discussed how crazy he was being politically motivated. I could be wrong as someone can link and old thread regarding this 'domestic terrorist' incident, but it seems like you guys only post threads about crazy people on the right.
Isn't it more important to focus on the serious story in the OP than worrying about what other posters don't post?
That's just how it is around here. Most conservative posters tend to post things that are of concern to them, and vice versa.
Even when it's an issue that everyone can agree on, at least in parts, (terrorism=bad), there's gotta be political fighting and arguing about it.

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-p...lexandria.html

Your narrative is bullshit. Thanks for playing.
Funny how quick you are to remind us it was a Bernie supporter, when the OP of this thread makes no mention of any political figure the guy supported. Maybe consider that a bit, yeah.
But please, do tell us about the other insane terrorist plots orchestrated by "crazies" on the left that are deserving of attention. It's almost like there's a fucking pattern, I don't know.
1) I assumed coli when coli meant "you guys starting a thread" he was referring to posters here who would be considered liberal/progressive leaning, and not from fellow a conservative like mpsmms who was the OP in that link.

2) Does everything have to include snark meant to provoke the "other side"?

ex.
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

But, y'know, antifa is the real problem. /s
Old 02-21-19, 04:35 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
So, Green Room?
Green New Deal. AOC. The horror!
Old 02-21-19, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A Coast Guard lieutenant and self-described white nationalist who was arrested in Maryland last week was plotting to kill a long list of prominent journalists and Democratic politicians, as well as professors, judges and what he called “leftists in general,” federal prosecutors said in a court filing on Tuesday.
I know the conservatives have been critical of the "mainstream media" for a while now. And I know that white supremacists have long believed that "the Jews" control the media. So Trump labeling the a big portion of the mainstream news media (NY Times, ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN) as an "enemy of the people" is emboldening these people.

The court filings did not make clear how the authorities had learned about Lieutenant Hasson’s plans. The court documents noted, though, that in the last two years “the defendant conducted online searches and made thousands of visits for pro-Russian, neo-fascist, and neo-Nazi literature.”
Wow.
It's funny to me how all these "nationalists" are so pro-Russia.
I remember during the time Obama was president, white supremacists were saying they'd take the side of Russia over the US, because Russia was "pro-Christian, pro-white, and anti-Muslim."
On a side note, I think it's crazy how some conservative personalties like Lauren Southern downplay white supremacists and the threat they pose. She was doing talking with Dave Rubin where she made sure to say that Richard Spencer wasn't a white supremacist, but merely, a "nationalist," and claimed that half of Stormfront are undercover police.
Old 02-21-19, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Captain Picard?
Old 02-21-19, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
You misspelled whore.
Old 02-21-19, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You missed the part where I said, 'I could be wrong as someone can link and old thread.....' And you did.
I didn't miss it, but did you even try a five second search before making that comment? No, no you didn't, as that wouldn't serve your purpose.
Old 02-21-19, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
You misspelled whore.

AOC is now a whore, wow she really is driving you misogynist folks crazy.
Old 02-21-19, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
2) Does everything have to include snark meant to provoke the "other side"?
The prevalence of this dynamic is the reason I am posting less and less in the political forum these days.

Old 02-21-19, 05:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
AOC is now a whore, wow she really is driving you misogynist folks crazy.
Not really. She's just exactly what I thought she was. A typical politician (although I will say she is younger and dumber than what I thought) who is using her office to do just what everyone else does. No revelation there.
Old 02-21-19, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You misspelled whore.

Old 02-21-19, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not really. She's just exactly what I thought she was. A typical politician (although I will say she is younger and dumber than what I thought) who is using her office to do just what everyone else does. No revelation there.
Yeah, when I saw the news that she used her political connections to help her boyfriend get a job that lined his pockets with a sweet $6000, I knew she was no good. If that whore-monger wanted to pull down that kind of lettuce in just two months IN THE REAL WORLD, he would have to get a job that paid almost $20 an hour. Let's see him get a gig managing a Dairy Queen without his fuck-buddy in Congress pulling strings for him.

Old 02-21-19, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You misspelled whore.
GTFO with this shit.

Old 02-21-19, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and who is also a whore, you left that part off
Old 02-21-19, 08:20 PM

You misspelled whore.
Mod Warning: No thank you. Please keep unwarranted misogynistic comments to yourself - that's to DVDPolizei and a general reminder to everyone that this sort of rhetoric really isn't going to fly here, thanks.
Old 02-21-19, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by story View Post
Mod Warning: No thank you. Please keep unwarranted misogynistic comments to yourself - that's to DVDPolizei and a general reminder to everyone that this sort of rhetoric really isn't going to fly here, thanks.
Yet you allowed (and went along) with many here comparing Trump to Hitler?
Old 02-21-19, 09:25 PM
Admin-Thanos

Yet you allowed (and went along) with many here comparing Trump to Hitler?
mod note - If you have an issue with the modding of the site, please bring it up in the Feedback forum. Don't derail the thread.

Last edited by VinVega; 02-22-19 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-21-19, 11:29 PM

What a disgrace this guy is to the Coast Guard and Marines. How the heck did this guy join the Coast Guard at the age of 46 when the Direct Commission age limit for the Coast Guard is 40? Maybe he was a physician or something, I'm not sure. Guys like this really get on my nerves. Great job to the Coast Guard investigators who caught this guy before he did some damage.

Last edited by The_Cube; 02-21-19 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-22-19, 12:52 AM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Will the government take away his citizenship like the woman who joined ISIS for a time?

Will he be treated as a terrorist or a "lone nut"?

Hmm...

I don't know about that specific case.

But in this other case, a terrorist did indeed get keep his citizenship.

This is my own writing:

Obama nominee Judge Staci Michelle Yandle illegally maintained the U.S. citizenship of al-Qaida terrorist Iyman Faris, who had met with Osama bin Laden, had planned to destroy the Brooklyn Bridge, and had falsely claimed to be a student on his immigration application

In January 2014, Obama nominated Staci Michelle Yandle to be a judge on the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois.

In July 2018, Yandle ruled that an immigrant and al-Qaida terrorist named Iyman Faris could keep his U.S. citizenship.

However, Yandle’s ruling was in violation of federal law. Federal law required Faris to be deported because he had lied on his immigration application.

Faris had traveled to Afghanistan, where he had met with Osama bin Laden.

Faris had also traveled to Pakistan, where he had met with Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, who was named as “the principal architect of the 9/11 attacks” in the 9/11 Commission Report. Mohammed told Faris that he was setting up a plan to destroy the Brooklyn Bridge by slashing its suspension cables. Faris agreed to participate in this. Like the 9/11 terrorists, Faris had come to the U.S. on a student visa, but never actually enrolled in school.

ABC News reported that Faris had

admitted he was an al Qaeda sleeper – a terrorist lying in wait for instructions
and that he

had access to airports and was licensed to haul flammable, poisonous chemicals

Last edited by grundle; 02-22-19 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-22-19, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You misspelled whore.
That comment is completely disgusting.
Old 02-22-19, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
My concern is how many people with Nazi sympathies are floating around our military these days. Probably more than we fear.
You’d probably shit your pants if you knew.

I read somewhere that a good chunk of the posters on places like Stormfront are military and law enforcement.
Old 02-22-19, 03:20 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post

You’d probably shit your pants if you knew.

I read somewhere that a good chunk of the posters on places like Stormfront are military and law enforcement.
At this point it’s become a self selecting thing, the people who are most enthusiastic about law and order and military anything are likely to most identify with America as it is, which includes the white supremacy, and then when less enthusiastic people join (like people in poor areas who join the army for the benefits), they’re out into an authoritarian environment with strong, passionate white supremacists creating and controlling the pervading culture.

The sense of “us vs them” is even more intensified in high stress life and death jobs like the military and police, and the pressure to protect your brothers in arms over outsiders makes sure that bad apples continue to spoil the bunch.
Old 02-22-19, 03:28 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post

At this point it’s become a self selecting thing, the people who are most enthusiastic about law and order and military anything are likely to most identify with America as it is, which includes the white supremacy, and then when less enthusiastic people join (like people in poor areas who join the army for the benefits), they’re out into an authoritarian environment with strong, passionate white supremacists creating and controlling the pervading culture.

The sense of “us vs them” is even more intensified in high stress life and death jobs like the military and police, and the pressure to protect your brothers in arms over outsiders makes sure that bad apples continue to spoil the bunch.
What do you tell Asians, Native Americans, African Americans, and the other minorities who are in the military. I guess they have their own supremacy flowing through their blood, right?

There is no doubt there are white supremacists in all types of life. They need to be treated like anyone else, and not protected. When you protect a person's crimes, you protect their system of societal decay.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.