Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 04-09-20, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Alternatively, if they refuse to send the experts from Trump's team, I could imagine CNN reaching out to the experts on Biden's team instead (he still has that group, right?). I could just as easily seeing Pence folding if Biden's chosen experts get all the face time on CNN instead.
Yes. With all due respect to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx, both of whom seem very smart and capable, there are plenty of other smart and capable virologists who can go on CNN and explain what will happen to people if they don't social distance.
Old 04-09-20, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Is the National Enquirer still around?
Yes and in Trumpís pocket or vise versa. They have a safe with dirt on him. And thatís not a conspiracy. Itís a fact. They bought damaging stories about him and killed them over the last few decades.
Old 04-09-20, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts

Remember when the Republicans were the Grown UPS in the room?
No, I don't remember because they never were the "grown-ups."
Old 04-09-20, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Words fail me. Best of luck, American friends.
Old 04-09-20, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
When you have bought into a reality as deeply as his supporters have bought in, even death itself will not change your mind in my opinion. The human mind is capable of amazing feats, both good and bad.
Unfortunately, I believe (from first-hand experience) that the average trump voter doesn't actually want trump to do anything for them; they love him because he's going to use his position to inflict pain on people they don't like... racial minorities, LGBTQ, non-christians, feminists/women who don't their place, coastal elites, liberals, etc. They couldn't give a fuck whether or not he lowers their taxes or brings them less expensive healthcare. They just get off on seeing him put "Mexicans" in concentration camps and tell black people they're "Low IQ."

There's never going to be a point where you lay his corruption bare for them to see because they don't give a shit. There's really nothing that he can do crack his support other than to stop hurting people they don't like.
Old 04-09-20, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Unfortunately, I believe (from first-hand experience) that the average trump voter doesn't actually want trump to do anything for them; they love him because he's going to use his position to inflict pain on people they don't like... racial minorities, LGBTQ, non-christians, feminists/women who don't their place, coastal elites, liberals, etc. They couldn't give a fuck whether or not he lowers their taxes or brings them less expensive healthcare. They just get off on seeing him put "Mexicans" in concentration camps and tell black people they're "Low IQ."

There's never going to be a point where you lay his corruption bare for them to see because they don't give a shit. There's really nothing that he can do crack his support other than to stop hurting people they don't like.

Old 04-09-20, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Yes. With all due respect to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx, both of whom seem very smart and capable, there are plenty of other smart and capable virologists who can go on CNN and explain what will happen to people if they don't social distance.
This. What is going to be addressed in a quick news interview to the general public, is pretty basic. Nothing really new has come out in months. Sure some fine tuning (like wearing masks) but nothing radicle. And certainly nothing new or extreme about need for testing, social distancing, etc.
Old 04-09-20, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Dr Sanjay Gupta has been doing "COVID-19 facts and fiction" every night it seems. And as CNN's chief medical dude, I'm sure he knows a slew of experts they could have on if they felt the need to.
Old 04-09-20, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

For fucks sake

Old 04-09-20, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 164 Likes on 135 Posts

Michael Rapoport's response:

You cumdump.
Old 04-09-20, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Michael Rapaportís Twitter rants are hilarious. The guy just goes off for minutes at a time.
Old 04-09-20, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So Trump said Saudi Arabia and Russia are still producing oil. Big fucking deal. Oil does you no good if no one has a job.
Old 04-09-20, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 328 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
There is just so much to unpack here, but one tiny thing is : If the WSJ doesn't mention the "ratings" for his BS conferences, that constitutes "Fake News" in his senile, syphilitic mind? He is really sick in the head. Seriously, WTF is wrong with 40% of America that they find this sort of behavior not only acceptable, but maybe admirable? Didn't we used to think it was a bad attribute to bitch and moan and complain about everything?
Old 04-09-20, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There is just so much to unpack here, but one tiny thing is : If the WSJ doesn't mention the "ratings" for his BS conferences, that constitutes "Fake News" in his senile, syphilitic mind? He is really sick in the head. Seriously, WTF is wrong with 40% of America that they find this sort of behavior not only acceptable, but maybe admirable? Didn't we used to think it was a bad attribute to bitch and moan and complain about everything?
What does it mean when someone talks and they repeat themselves(sometimes more than once). Is that dementia? Is that The Lying King?
Old 04-09-20, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 132 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life View Post
So Trump said Saudi Arabia and Russia are still producing oil. Big fucking deal. Oil does you no good if no one has a job.
For the American public, is there anyone complaining that gas is too cheap? It's so weird to me that he spends so much time on this.
Old 04-09-20, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MSNBC is fact checking Trump while his Press Conference is happening. LOL
Old 04-09-20, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why should Trump or Pence care about how many people have passed away during the health crisis. It was Obama's fault !!!!
Old 04-09-20, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

MSNBC is fact checking Trump while his Press Conference is happening. LOL
Good lord, can you imagine trying to sift through trump's lies and bullshit in full-time?

Old 04-09-20, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Good lord, can you imagine trying to sift through trump's lies and bullshit in full-time?

Nah. Don't have to make it harder than it has to be. Just say "Lie" to everything, then make a retraction later if there's actually something true. I imagine it won't come up that often.
Old 04-09-20, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They should run trump's speeches on a five minute delay so they can do fact-check pop-ups. And keep a running counter showing all of his lies ticking off to the side.

"I've been on this since day one."

"FACT: He claimed it was a hoax during a campaign rally on Feb. 28."

LIES TOLD TO DAY: 27
LIES TOLD TO DATE: 16,845

Old 04-10-20, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yesterday on the MSNBCs Brian Williams Show a guy said-The Virus is the Boss. Trump isn't The Boss.

Don't think The Lying King should be setting timetable's in which people could return to work.
Old 04-10-20, 09:07 AM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

Yesterday on the MSNBCs Brian Williams Show a guy said-The Virus is the Boss. Trump isn't The Boss.

Don't think The Lying King should be setting timetable's in which people could return to work.
I think states like mine will probably go back too soon and community transmission will probably start again, so my wife and I are planning to continue social distancing from the public for at least 2 weeks after any shelter at home is lifted to see if the hospitals start filling up again. It will take at least 2 weeks for cases to start percolating to the hospitals once everyone goes back into the pool.
Old 04-10-20, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not trying to go back to an NYC commute, especially after how great working from home has worked out for me. I might just tell them to let me go if they start trying to rush me back to the office.
Old 04-10-20, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
I think states like mine will probably go back too soon and community transmission will probably start again, so my wife and I are planning to continue social distancing from the public for at least 2 weeks after any shelter at home is lifted to see if the hospitals start filling up again. It will take at least 2 weeks for cases to start percolating to the hospitals once everyone goes back into the pool.
That's a good plan.

Perhaps your governor will surprise you. Here in AZ, we have a Trump toadie as governor, but to his credit he took action relatively early (especially given his connection to Trump). And locally, even a fair number of the MAGA types are actually wearing masks and complying with social distancing and self-isolation...in spite of their embracing wacky conspiracies about how the virus was created by 5G transmissions, or a Chinese bioweapon, or a George Soros plan gone awry.

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
I'm not trying to go back to an NYC commute, especially after how great working from home has worked out for me. I might just tell them to let me go if they start trying to rush me back to the office.
I have seen that work-from-home amplifies a person's work ethic... if you're a nose-to-the-grindstone, sleeves rolled up, type of worker, then you'll be even more so working from home. A slacker becomes a super-slug when working from home.
Old 04-10-20, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The most Christian guy ever saying this on whatís supposed to be the most somber day in Christianity. What a dumb fuck

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.