Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 01-11-19, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

San Diego has had a fence that separates their city from Tijuana and they have had it for years. Yes, it works. That's why they don't need a wall. Just continue maintaining the fence while improving technology on the border.
Old 01-11-19, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As far as drug prices go, I know from firsthand experience that medicines that we have to use have not gone down and friends of mine are paying higher prices for insulin. So that's that.
Old 01-11-19, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
I would very comfortably wager a large amount of money that if you asked 1000 dog owners with fences if the fences are primarily to keep their dogs in or other dogs/cats/children/Mexicans out, the prior answer would win the poll by a huge margin. On that note, think about how many dog owners use "invisible" fences, which can only even serve the first purpose.
You can spin it how you want. Basically what our "News" does. Depending who they are pandering to.
Old 01-11-19, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
No one here is stupid enough to think the majority of residential fences are for security. Stop responding to disingenuous bullshit. Some of us try to keep the forum readable by blocking it.
Sorry, when I see such an incredibly ridiculous challenge issued, I get caught up in the moment.

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
He's so shallow and transparent, I'm amazed he doesn't just collapse from his own weight.
People should be offering him more KFC, maybe that will help.
Old 01-11-19, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ha, NY times is now reporting the FBI had begun an inquiry whether or not Trump was working on the behalf of Russia. Inquiry began after Comey was fired.
Old 01-11-19, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sure why not...
Old 01-11-19, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How much of his "America first" will still carry weight if the FBI proves without a doubt that he was working on behalf of Russia?
Old 01-11-19, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At this point, I fully expect the R Kelly investigations to intersect with this.
Old 01-11-19, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
How much of his "America first" will still carry weight if the FBI proves without a doubt that he was working on behalf of Russia?
”Even is he is working for the Russians, he tells it like it is! Suck it libtards! MAGA!!”
Old 01-11-19, 09:05 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
At this point, I fully expect the R Kelly investigations to intersect with this.

Police went to embattled R&B superstar R. Kelly’s Chicago home Friday on a tip that women were being held hostage there but left after finding no evidence of wrongdoing, a police spokesman confirmed.

The Cook County state’s attorney’s office passed along to police a tip from an out-of-state caller saying two women were being held against their will at Kelly’s Trump Tower residence, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the Tribune.
you see the future !

Old 01-11-19, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
I have a fence to keep my dog in the yard. My fence, like most fences around homes, has a door that can be opened from the outside.
Nope, that's a wall. Fences have gates. Walls have doors.
Old 01-11-19, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Toddarino View Post

I would say in the majority of cases fences around homes are meant to keep pets and children in.
Then why do I observe locks on many of the fences where I live. They aren't just for show. And many of the newer fences are due to an increase in population in the community (more people...more crime). They are for protection as well as keeping their pets controlled (a city requirement and an insurance liability). You and others are coming up with some really pathetic excuses. You claim you want security, but deny it. Then you close your windows and lock your doors at night in your homes in fear of somebody walking in that you don't want in your home---or in your yard.

The fact we're playing semantics over the meaning of fence and wall, is blatantly obvious this political war is just because Trump wants it, he promised it to his supporters, and this is one way of sticking it to him and his supporters, regardless of whether it makes sense or not, or whether it provides security or not. It's a sad state of affairs when politics have gone this far, just to get back at people for something that happened over 2 years ago.

However, I will say this. Trump apparently is backtracking his tough talk on his national emergency threat, and even he doesn't have the balls to do anything about the wall. He'd rather watch federal employees who are actually on the front lines of security go bankrupt, lose their homes, get eviction notices, instead of backing his tough talk up with action. That is also unfortunate and rather irresponsible of a Commander In Chief, which is is why I won't be voting for him in 2020, even if he runs for office. At this point he doesn't know what to do, and it's clear by his indecisiveness.

Once again, Pelosi needs to propose a funding effort for the essential employees. Trump would probably resign out of embarrassment because he'd lose almost all support from his own party due to Pelosi being the nation's hero in funding essential security (it would be a month by month revisit) and at the same time...dealing with Trump who would be politically worthless after Dems propose the emergency legislation and Reps being forced to pass it (Republicans saying "NO" to a security funding bill would be laughable for decades)..
Old 01-11-19, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Nope, that's a wall. Fences have gates. Walls have doors.
Once again, what's your point. Both are meant to keep people out.

Per looking online really quick:

Door: A movable structure used to close off an entrance, typically consisting of a panel that swings on hinges or that slides or rotates.

Gate: A structure that can be swung, drawn, or lowered to block an entrance or a passageway.

Both are meant to BLOCK PASSAGE. This is the entire point of a wall/fence.
Old 01-11-19, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

French doors are fancy gates.
Old 01-11-19, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dutch doors are sometimes confused about their identity.
Old 01-11-19, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

If you're saying Dems and Reps can come together and build transfences, I'm all for it.
Old 01-11-19, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
So, you're ok with a fence...but not a wall? Fence or wall, make no difference. They are meant to keep people OUT. I challenge anyone who has a fence around their home, to educate me on why they have it. Is it just for show? Or is it meant to keep people out. And according to your own political ideology...you should be tearing them down, or you are racist.
This is just a troll post. Right? I mean u can’t be serious.

Since Trump is proposing a 25-30 foot wall/fence, your question should be to those homeowners who have that size steel or concrete fence.

Also, I do not have a fence around my yard. But if I want to put one in, you have no issues in helping me pay for it? Is that correct?

As for “education” sure, I’ll help. They are called “privacy” fencing. I have no back yard fence. But I let my bushes, trees and shrubbery grow so that those that drive by in the alley, those that walk their dog or whatever, can’t easily see in the windows to my bedroom, living room, and bar.

I have no outdoor pets, so no need to put up a fence. But if I did, it would be 6 feet tops. Easily accessible by anyone that wanted.

Let me ask you. How many homeowners you know have 30 foot fencing around their property? If the answer is none, then you have your answer for needing one on the border (by your logic).

Last edited by Sdallnct; 01-11-19 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-11-19, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How the hell does someone having a fence around their property equate to border security?? How is that horse shit even an argument??
Old 01-11-19, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
How the hell does someone having a fence around their property equate to border security?? How is that horse shit even an argument??
Because Obama. Or Hillary. Or Birther. Or “her email”.
Old 01-11-19, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
You and others are coming up with some really pathetic excuses. You claim you want security, but deny it. Then you close your windows and lock your doors at night in your homes in fear of somebody walking in that you don't want in your home---.
Are you fucking kidding? I fully realize this is your MO but how can you even begin to complain about the treatment you get here when you post shit like this.
Old 01-11-19, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
You can spin it how you want.
Spin? I respond to the absolutely ludicrous suggestion that most dog owners have a fence not to keep their dogs in but to keep other dogs out and it's "spin"?

Not to mention:

Bingo.
Old 01-11-19, 10:53 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone who opposes the border wall should live in a house free of fences and walls. We should all go homeless.
Old 01-11-19, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sad state of affairs but CNN picked the perfect image to sum up what Trump has done to this country.

Old 01-11-19, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Im still hoping for the return of traditional establishment politicians over the next couple elections. Send these scumbags and their supporters back to the third parties where they belong.
Old 01-12-19, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What a day for trump. He now owns the legacy of longest shutdown in US history, and it's revealed that the FBI launched a counterintelligence investigation into him for firing the director of the FBI. As if he legacy of being the absolute worst president in US history wasn't already cemented enough.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.