Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 09-22-19, 01:45 PM
  #14201  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,377
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Pelosi being female may not matter to most of the people who post here, but it certainly matters otherwise. Female politicians/office holders are held to a very different standard than their male counterparts for all sorts of bullshit reasons. Sorry if I posted in a way that made my meaning unclear.
Sorry not sorry.
Why So Blu? is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 01:59 PM
  #14202  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,664
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

ďSorry if you misread my post and were offended.Ē
davidh777 is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 02:05 PM
  #14203  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GoldenJCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,833
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Pelosi being female may not matter to most of the people who post here, but it certainly matters otherwise. Female politicians/office holders are held to a very different standard than their male counterparts for all sorts of bullshit reasons. Sorry if I posted in a way that made my meaning unclear.
Considering YOUíRE the only one who brought attention to the fact the Pelosi is female, maybe you should check yourself before you check the rest of us.
GoldenJCJ is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 03:23 PM
  #14204  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 33,004
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

I thought wenders' post was off base, and even just plain wrong, but I didn't see it as insulting anyone. Given his history of contributing to the forum, we all know he isn't a troll. I don't know why people saw it as an attack. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Bandoman; 09-22-19 at 03:35 PM.
Bandoman is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 03:29 PM
  #14205  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 31,465
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Itís hard to keep score. But from a big picture, Trump has,

- Asked Russia to hack a political opponent in the 2016 election and they immediately tried
- interfered with the 2016 election by paying off a couple women he had affairs with
- per the Mueller report, actively obstructed justice
- ďallegedlyĒ asked Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election

Is there really an impeachment process or not? Asking for a friend

Sure there is. But if the Republicans are too scared of the President to do anything, nothing happens.
Draven is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 03:51 PM
  #14206  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 3,356
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

I donít know if it is so much that they are scared of Trump but that Trump is a Republican and they would never vote to impeach a Republican.

WCChiCubsFan is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 04:22 PM
  #14207  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 31,465
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
I donít know if it is so much that they are scared of Trump but that Trump is a Republican and they would never vote to impeach a Republican.

Well Trump will personally tank any Repub who opposes him.
Draven is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 05:15 PM
  #14208  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,945
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Itís hard to keep score. But from a big picture, Trump has,

- Asked Russia to hack a political opponent in the 2016 election and they immediately tried
- interfered with the 2016 election by paying off a couple women he had affairs with
- per the Mueller report, actively obstructed justice
- ďallegedlyĒ asked Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 election

Is there really an impeachment process or not? Asking for a friend
Thatís a pretty good short list. As I outlined in my recent poll, I would add his misappropriation of funding for his wall in contravention of Congress and his intentional mistreatment of migrants and asylum seekers, designed to create a deterrent effect. Of course, there are even more examples such as persistently lying to the public, refusing to submit to oversight, defaming and endangering journalists, etc.
Ghostbuster is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 05:21 PM
  #14209  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Ghostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,945
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
I thought wenders' post was off base, and even just plain wrong, but I didn't see it as insulting anyone. Given his history of contributing to the forum, we all know he isn't a troll. I don't know why people saw it as an attack. Just my opinion.
Agreed. Moving on...
Ghostbuster is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 07:43 PM
  #14210  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Home again, Big D
Posts: 28,839
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3



So the troll gets trolled! How awesome.

I didnt fact check, but hope this is true
Sdallnct is offline  
Old 09-22-19, 08:17 PM
  #14211  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,808
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post


Thatís a pretty good short list. As I outlined in my recent poll, I would add his misappropriation of funding for his wall in contravention of Congress and his intentional mistreatment of migrants and asylum seekers, designed to create a deterrent effect. Of course, there are even more examples such as persistently lying to the public, refusing to submit to oversight, defaming and endangering journalists, etc.
We have laws against cruel and unusual punishment, but if you're trying to scare the people with brown skin away, by taking their children from them, then apparently that's OK.
Kurt D is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 12:34 PM
  #14212  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 31,465
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Trump is saying he'd be okay with the transcript being released. That leads me to believe that it doesn't actually have a "smoking gun" in it. His advisers are against it but they say that's just because of the precedent. I don't think Trump is dumb enough to put out something that spells out that he blackmailed the Ukraine into investigating his potential opponent. And I think Trump is pretty dumb.
Draven is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 12:38 PM
  #14213  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,278
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/sta...388855297?s=21


So the troll gets trolled! How awesome.

I didnt fact check, but hope this is true
Yeah that picture's old. Patton should know better.
cungar is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 12:44 PM
  #14214  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Nefarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the Middle
Posts: 5,153
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Trump is saying he'd be okay with the transcript being released. That leads me to believe that it doesn't actually have a "smoking gun" in it. His advisers are against it but they say that's just because of the precedent. I don't think Trump is dumb enough to put out something that spells out that he blackmailed the Ukraine into investigating his potential opponent. And I think Trump is pretty dumb.
He said he'd be ok with releasing his taxes, too. I believe it means the opposite just like in that case. He'll go around telling everyone he'd be fine with the release. He'll let others take the heat for it not being done and blame precedent (similar to the "audits" excuse).

Nefarious is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 12:44 PM
  #14215  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,327
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Trump is saying he'd be okay with the transcript being released. That leads me to believe that it doesn't actually have a "smoking gun" in it. His advisers are against it but they say that's just because of the precedent. I don't think Trump is dumb enough to put out something that spells out that he blackmailed the Ukraine into investigating his potential opponent. And I think Trump is pretty dumb.
I think he knows it won't get released and he can just claim all day that he "hopes" it does.
Spiderbite is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 12:52 PM
  #14216  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Nefarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the Middle
Posts: 5,153
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
I think he knows it won't get released and he can just claim all day that he "hopes" it does.
Exactly. With the way this administration has behaved I don't think the Whistleblower filed some complaint on a whim that there might be something to look into. They knew full well it would make him/her target #1 by Trump and his cronies. That leads me to believe there is something there.
Nefarious is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 12:56 PM
  #14217  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,871
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3



He really wants the Nobel.
BDB is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 01:03 PM
  #14218  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,812
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
I think he knows it won't get released and he can just claim all day that he "hopes" it does.
Or most likely, he knows it wasn't recorded, thus any "transcript" will come from his side.
Paff is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 01:06 PM
  #14219  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,278
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Or most likely, he knows it wasn't recorded, thus any "transcript" will come from his side.
You mean he hopes it wasn't recorded.
cungar is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 01:09 PM
  #14220  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Chrisedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Part of the Left-Wing Conspiracy
Posts: 6,895
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Yeah that picture's old. Patton should know better.
Two girls climbed it prior to 2011 in 15 seconds.

Chrisedge is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 01:18 PM
  #14221  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,278
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
Two girls climbed it prior to 2011 in 15 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsaHVHatgok
Yeah but that's before they invented the super duper metal panel on top



cungar is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 01:20 PM
  #14222  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bronkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AnaheimLand, SoCal
Posts: 15,536
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
Best he can hope for is Guinness for lying.
Bronkster is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 01:37 PM
  #14223  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,910
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Yeah but that's before they invented the super duper metal panel on top


Make a hooked rope; up and over.
A homemade contraption easily trumping a multi-million dollar vanity project.

slop101 is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 01:53 PM
  #14224  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,910
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Fucking moron can't even get his shit in gear for Abe...


Has any president had a bigger self-inflicted wound than trump does with his idiot tariffs?
slop101 is offline  
Old 09-23-19, 02:12 PM
  #14225  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,835
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Yeah but that's before they invented the super duper metal panel on top


Since it's not a solid wall, in theory you could fabricate something to hang over the top, and then throw a rope over it. You could then hoist people up the wall by pulling the other end of the rope, through the wall, (or from the other side, once a couple of people are over.)

The fabricated part would just be to prevent the rope from fraying on the top edge of the wall.
andicus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.