Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 09-15-19, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

If hes talking, hes lying.

Old 09-15-19, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remembered that from the press conference.

This is is a new level of dumb.
Old 09-16-19, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another Monday morning and the dotard in chief is on Twitter defending the I Love Beer and Squee guy because another sexual assault accusation. Stumbled onto this on Twitter showing all the times Trump has accused the victims of sexual assault of lying. The thread is compelling not only because of the amount of people but the fact that nothing is done to these assholes.

Old 09-16-19, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Another Monday morning and the dotard in chief is on Twitter defending the I Love Beer and Squee guy because another sexual assault accusation. Stumbled onto this on Twitter showing all the times Trump has accused the victims of sexual assault of lying. The thread is compelling not only because of the amount of people but the fact that nothing is done to these assholes.

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status...898906112?s=21
I'm sure Trump's treatment of women is seen as a positive by many of his supporters (including women). Remember, overwhelming approval among Republicans for Trump, even with everything he has done. Obviously they like what he does.
Old 09-16-19, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
I'm sure Trump's treatment of women is seen as a positive by many of his supporters (including women). Remember, overwhelming approval among Republicans for Trump, even with everything he has done. Obviously they like what he does.
I also think, for some, it is because they know they have done those exact things. And a POTUS and SC Judge that has, lets them think its not a big deal. Eases their conscience.
Old 09-16-19, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

I also think, for some, it is because they know they have done those exact things. And a POTUS and SC Judge that has, lets them think its not a big deal. Eases their conscience.
Sure. Lots of "boys will be boys" type comments bear that out.
Old 09-16-19, 11:25 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Pompeo and Mnuchin both said the same thing, does he not know he said these things? or doesn't care? or just MAGA!
Old 09-16-19, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...28093052964871

Pompeo and Mnuchin both said the same thing, does he not know he said these things? or doesn't care? or just MAGA!
Since there is no press conference anymore where this exact question can be asked, he has no incentive or reason to back up anything he says.
Old 09-16-19, 11:52 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
I agree. That's why it was important that Trump made that comment after the Charlotteville incident.that there were good people on both sides. You can be or support a racist or sexist asshole, and still be "good."

I think another thing is that many people see Trump as a bargain with the devil. They might not like everything about him, but he gives them what is most important to them -- gun rights, conservative judges, a win in the "culture war," abortion restrictions, MAGA, 401K, etc. They don't see or don't care about the harm that a President can do by being stupendously stupid and devoid of substance and values.
Old 09-16-19, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Since there is no press conference anymore where this exact question can be asked, he has no incentive or reason to back up anything he says.
You seem to be implying that questions were answered in the Sanders briefings.

If only wed known he would blatantly lie and deny, like if immediately after a presidential debate he had denied saying something hed just said live in front of millions of people.
Old 09-16-19, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post

You seem to be implying that questions were answered in the Sanders briefings.

If only wed known he would blatantly lie and deny, like if immediately after a presidential debate he had denied saying something hed just said live in front of millions of people.
At least wed get the formal lie on camera instead of shouted responses in front of a helicopter (that Trump is intentionally doing to fuck up the audio).
Old 09-16-19, 12:35 PM

Now we are "Locked and Loaded" for a possible military response against Iran over the bombing of the Saudi Oil plant. Saudi Arabia buy billions of dollars of military tech from us. Why can't they be responsible for any military response? Why does it always have to be us?
Old 09-16-19, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...28093052964871

It's part of a long, ongoing (and successful) effort to de-legitimize the media. The "what you're seeing is not what's really happening" vibe. It could get really bad if Trump is elected to a second term.
Old 09-16-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 09-16-19, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko View Post
Now we are "Locked and Loaded" for a possible military response against Iran over the bombing of the Saudi Oil plant. Saudi Arabia buy billions of dollars of military tech from us. Why can't they be responsible for any military response? Why does it always have to be us?
Because it’s only bad to help other countries when the POTUS with dark skin and not born here does it. When THIS POTUS does it, its totally appropriate, in the US and world interest and to use appropriate language, “nanny nanny boo boo”.

Of course that can be said for literally anything Trump does.
Old 09-16-19, 02:12 PM

To be fair, the Obama administration was just as in bed with the Saudis as the current one.
Old 09-16-19, 02:28 PM

I know both administrations are/were in bed with the Saudis. My point is they have their own military, mostly made up of weapons they bought from the US, and if there is to be any military response, it should come from the Saudis, not the US.
Old 09-16-19, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Odds on if they'll actually get the subpoenaed returns, or if they'll get blocked, just like they ALWAYS DO.

Old 09-16-19, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WTF is Obama Netflix?

Again, these are official presidential statements
Old 09-16-19, 02:45 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Donald Trump
I will, and have always expected to, lose BILLIONS of DOLLARS for the privilege of being your President - and doing the best job that has been done in many decades.
How about we make a deal right now to save you BILLIONS of DOLLARS?
Old 09-16-19, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko View Post
I know both administrations are/were in bed with the Saudis. My point is they have their own military, mostly made up of weapons they bought from the US, and if there is to be any military response, it should come from the Saudis, not the US.
I think another key difference, in line with what you are saying, was that Obama wasn't going around saying we should exit NATO and espousing other such "America First" arguments.
Old 09-16-19, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
To be fair, the Obama administration was just as in bed with the Saudis as the current one.
What administration hasn't been in bed with the Saudis since they found oil in the desert out there?
Old 09-16-19, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
What administration hasn't been in bed with the Saudis since they found oil in the desert out there?
Yeah, this has nothing to do with who is President, the US has been in bed with the Saudis for decades.
Old 09-16-19, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jesus fucking Christ

Old 09-16-19, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Arent their subscribers up?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.