Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 12-13-18, 02:41 PM
  #101  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Kmical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Posts: 3,399
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

“I’m not concerned, no. I think that the people would revolt if that happened,” he said.
I already find Donald Trump to be revolting. Does that count?
Kmical is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:00 PM
  #102  
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,289
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Google knows!

http://fortune.com/2018/12/12/google...-donald-trump/

Google's CEO Had to Explain to Congress Why Searching for 'Idiot' Shows Donald Trump
Psi is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:09 PM
  #103  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,866
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

They ALL know trump is an idiot...


They're just too afraid of the ramifications to do anything about him.
You reap what you sow, Republicans.
slop101 is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:11 PM
  #104  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 8,863
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MORE: Casler says Trump invited teen beauty pageant contestants up to his suite: “He would line up the girls on the side of the stage &amp; he would inspect them.. He’d be like, ‘You, you, &amp; you, if you want to win I’m in the penthouse suite, come and see me’” <a href="https://t.co/JBPp4BipRQ">https://t.co/JBPp4BipRQ</a></p>&mdash; Evan Rosenfeld (@Evan_Rosenfeld) <a href="https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/1073274618532704256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


I'm sure a Trump lawsuit (threat, at least) is incoming ...
joeblow69 is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:12 PM
  #105  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 43,680
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Don't believe it for a second. Trump is many things, but "focused" isn't one of them.
Decker is online now  
Old 12-13-18, 03:24 PM
  #106  
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Behind Wolf in the Situation Room
Posts: 13,314
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Why does it always look like Sanders has just gotten out of some kind of drinken brawl? Well, he did just leave the Senate chambers.


Spoiler:
E Unit is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:35 PM
  #107  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,860
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3


But he didn't know about it, and it didn't happen, but if it did happen, the women don't exist, or they didn't pay money to the enquirer.

I'm dazzled and confused by this.
BDB is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:38 PM
  #108  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,490
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Yeah, I love the constant base-covering. I absolutely didn't do that, but if you can somehow prove that I'm a liar, then the thing I didn't do isn't even illegal. If it is illegal, my counsel should have known that and advised me not to do it, but I didn't do it.
GoVegan is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:42 PM
  #109  
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 15,272
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

I like this added part about the Adderall. I'm totally convinced already he can't read.

Casler then claimed that Trump is a “speed freak,” and that Trump “crushes up his Adderall and he sniffs it because he can’t read, so he gets really nervous when he has to read the cue cards.”
stingermck is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:43 PM
  #110  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,860
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

and now the inauguration spending is under investigation to examine if some of the money was paid in exchange for access and if the money raised was misspent.

Let's just get his tax records and be done with the whole thing
BDB is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:44 PM
  #111  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,621
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
Yeah, I love the constant base-covering. I absolutely didn't do that, but if you can somehow prove that I'm a liar, then the thing I didn't do isn't even illegal. If it is illegal, my counsel should have known that and advised me not to do it, but I didn't do it.
Is the "counsel" one new, and does that now go before "Obama did the same thing"?
davidh777 is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:49 PM
  #112  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Norm de Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,283
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cungar
Apple/Number of employees
132,000
2018

Only off by 4,368,000
Walmart is the world's largest private employer, with 2.3 million employees. Still nowhere near the number cited by the readable toilet paper.
Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Why does it always look like Sanders has just gotten out of some kind of drinken brawl? Well, he did just leave the Senate chambers.


Spoiler:
Oh, that Sanders. Before I clicked the spoiler, I thought you were referring to Sarah Sanders, whom the description also fits. Bernie is very passionate.
Norm de Plume is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:50 PM
  #113  
DVD Talk Legend
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 12,853
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MORE: Casler says Trump invited teen beauty pageant contestants up to his suite: “He would line up the girls on the side of the stage &amp; he would inspect them.. He’d be like, ‘You, you, &amp; you, if you want to win I’m in the penthouse suite, come and see me’” <a href="https://t.co/JBPp4BipRQ">https://t.co/JBPp4BipRQ</a></p>&mdash; Evan Rosenfeld (@Evan_Rosenfeld) <a href="https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/1073274618532704256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


I'm sure a Trump lawsuit (threat, at least) is incoming ...
Nope. No lawsuit nor threat of one. He doesn't wake that sleeping dog.
sracer is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:55 PM
  #114  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,860
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3


More details on the Spending
BDB is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 03:58 PM
  #115  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,866
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Don't believe it for a second. Trump is many things, but "focused" isn't one of them.
I believe every word of it, from trump looking over his contestants like so much meat, to his Aderal - makes perfect sense, as his sniffing during debates (when he's be most anxiety-ridden) attest to it.

Oh, and this is pretty fucking bad for him as well. Kinda huge, actually...


Crimes well before and leading up to day 1, crimes on day 1, crimes after day 1. An endless onion of crimes!
slop101 is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:02 PM
  #116  
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 15,272
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let’s not do a shutdown, Democrats - do what’s right for the American People! <a href="https://t.co/bZg07ZKQqo">pic.twitter.com/bZg07ZKQqo</a></p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1073327086037741568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 13, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
stingermck is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:03 PM
  #117  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,860
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

I'm waiting for him to distance himself from the inauguration now. I wasn't there, wasn't my inauguration was Obama!
BDB is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:19 PM
  #118  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,241
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
I'm waiting for him to distance himself from the inauguration now. I wasn't there, wasn't my inauguration was Obama!
It was much smaller than was reported
cungar is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:20 PM
  #119  
DVD Talk Hero
 
jfoobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 37,804
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...h-wallcoin/#p3

Ohio Congressman: We can fund border wall with “WallCoin”

As President Donald Trump threatened to allow a government shutdown if Congress did not provide funding for his proposed wall along the Mexican border, a Republican congressman from Ohio offered up alternative routes to getting the wall built: through Internet crowdfunding or through an initial coin offering.

During an interview with NPR's Morning Edition on December 12, Rep. Warren Davidson said that he had offered what he referred to as a "modest proposal" in the form of his "Buy a Brick, Build a Wall Act." The bill, which he submitted on November 30, would authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to accept monetary gifts from anyone "on the condition that it be used to plan, design, construct, or maintain a barrier along the international border between the United States and Mexico." The funds would go into an account called the "Border Wall Trust Fund," and a public website would be set up to process donations electronically.


Rep. Davidson told NPR's Steve Inskeep that the donations could come from anyone and be gathered in a number of ways. "You could do it with this sort of, like, crowdfunding site," Davidson explained. "Or you could do it with blockchain—you could have Wall Coins."

Ars reached out to Davidson's office for further comment but has not received a response. Davidson, a member of the Republican Party's Freedom Caucus, is also drafting proposed legislation to regulate cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings. Davidson announced his plans at the Blockland Solutions conference in Cleveland on December 3. At the same conference, Ohio Lieutenant Governor-Elect Jon Husted spoke on the potential of using blockchain as a means for citizens to communicate with government as part of the InnovateOhio government modernization initiative.
Crowdsource the wall! Brilliant!
jfoobar is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:22 PM
  #120  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Home again, Big D
Posts: 28,813
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I believe every word of it, from trump looking over his contestants like so much meat, to his Aderal - makes perfect sense, as his sniffing during debates (when he's be most anxiety-ridden) attest to it.

Oh, and this is pretty fucking bad for him as well. Kinda huge, actually...

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/stat...29650313641986

Crimes well before and leading up to day 1, crimes on day 1, crimes after day 1. An endless onion of crimes!
And “some” wonder why the investigations are going so long. Every time investigators run one lead down, t(he find more leads to run down.
Sdallnct is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:25 PM
  #121  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Home again, Big D
Posts: 28,813
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
And here I thought building the wall was the stupidest thing I’ve heard...”hold my beer”....
Sdallnct is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:27 PM
  #122  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,860
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

I love that he brought some print outs of people that agree with him!

BDB is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:29 PM
  #123  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,866
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let’s not do a shutdown, Democrats - do what’s right for the American People! <a href="https://t.co/bZg07ZKQqo">pic.twitter.com/bZg07ZKQqo</a></p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1073327086037741568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 13, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Oh god, someone taught him how to do twitter-video (or did it for him, most likely). The new fireside chat?

And LOL at this!


Like, why even have a CoS at that point?
Though it's pretty much the logical conclusion to his fucking stay.

And also this...


It's like everyone held off on all this criminal stuff until Dems got control of the house, opening the flood gate, which their investigations will only increase this flood.
slop101 is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:31 PM
  #124  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,829
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

I love the idea of WallCoin. Let supporters of the wall put their money where their mouth is!
Groucho is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 04:35 PM
  #125  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 21,241
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I love the idea of WallCoin. Let supporters of the wall put their money where their mouth is!
Yep. They'll get the wall they deserve
cungar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.