Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 06-13-19, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by whaaat View Post

From the condescending way he keeps repeating "oppo research" he must have learned the term five minutes before this was filmed.
George should have asked him what “oppo” is
Old 06-13-19, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

George informed him OPPO stopped making players last year.
Old 06-13-19, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Someone should tell him that "oppo research" is a phrase coined by Obama ... and then see how quickly he stops using it
Old 06-13-19, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Talking to the Queen is the same as getting information about a political opponent from a foreign government. The President of the United States, everyone.

Also I really appreciate the “the fake news didn’t play my whole answer” stuff. Just perfect. Another “I didn’t do it but if I did it would be okay” response.
Old 06-13-19, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like someone told him he made a boo-boo on TV.
Old 06-13-19, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That's version 2.0 of the tweet, by the way.

Old 06-13-19, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 06-13-19, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can not wait for the flood of Prince of Whales memes.
Old 06-13-19, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Looks like someone told him he made a boo-boo on TV.
As opposed to what he does every day
Old 06-13-19, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kind of disappointed to see this descend into the usual snark banter that always happens. And then we lament how nothing will get done.
I agree with repentant ex-Trumpist Walsh here

and here's Schindler voicing something I've believed for two years now.

Had this ended quickly, maybe too many people wouldn't have gotten it.
Maybe "reasonable" people would have been easily manipulated to believing a quicker resolution was simply a coup orchestrated by evil Hillary, to install dems and libs.
Maybe we needed a sufficient amount of time and distance from a polarizing alternative, and more crystal clear evidence of a party's complicity, before more people could clearly see what and who these people were-. Not just Trump (because it's NEVER been just about Trump), but the whole treacherous pack of R's in congress keeping him there.
Old 06-13-19, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Talking to the Queen is the same as getting information about a political opponent from a foreign government. The President of the United States, everyone.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...734106112?s=21

Also I really appreciate the “the fake news didn’t play my whole answer” stuff. Just perfect. Another “I didn’t do it but if I did it would be okay” response.
And of course he did exactly what he accouses fake media of doing. He left out the most important part.
Old 06-13-19, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
Kind of disappointed to see this descend into the usual snark banter that always happens. And then we lament how nothing will get done.
I am shocked. I will never vote for Trump or someone like him. I will never vote for a Republican. I will protest and support their opponents every step of the way. What else would you like me to do?
Old 06-13-19, 11:01 AM

Pelosi: Trump's comments prove he doesn't 'know right from wrong'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that President Donald Trump's openness to a foreign government offering damaging information about a political rival is "a very sad thing" and "appalling," pointing to legislation from Democrats calling on campaigns to report foreign offers of assistance.

"The President gave us once again evidence that he does not know right from wrong," she said at her weekly press conference. "It's a very sad thing, a very sad thing that he does not know right from wrong."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/polit...ion/index.html
It's not that he doesn't know right from wrong. He just doesn't care.

For Trump, everything is either "winning" or "losing".

Nothing else matters.

Ethics, morals, and laws are for losers.

Why do you think he frequently calls his opponents "losers"? Organizations he doesn't like are "failing".

Last edited by Kmical; 06-13-19 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-13-19, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

I am shocked. I will never vote for Trump or someone like him. I will never vote for a Republican. I will protest and support their opponents every step of the way. What else would you like me to do?
If you’re ever in an elevator with an elected Republican official, fart as much as possible.
Old 06-13-19, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
I agree with repentant ex-Trumpist Walsh here

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/sta...39954297229314

and here's Schindler voicing something I've believed for two years now.

https://twitter.com/20committee/stat...18411449765889

Had this ended quickly, maybe too many people wouldn't have gotten it.
Maybe "reasonable" people would have been easily manipulated to believing a quicker resolution was simply a coup orchestrated by evil Hillary, to install dems and libs.
Maybe we needed a sufficient amount of time and distance from a polarizing alternative, and more crystal clear evidence of a party's complicity, before more people could clearly see what and who these people were-. Not just Trump (because it's NEVER been just about Trump), but the whole treacherous pack of R's in congress keeping him there.
Joe Walsh's exhortation to "stay shocked" is not helpful. One cannot "stay shocked" without actively doing something in response to the thing that shocked them.

There is at least one thing each day that the Trump administration does that shocks people. They are staying shocked. The cause for their shock changes daily, but they're in a near perpetual state of shock.

Without action, the effect of a shock to a person is diminished over time and with each subsequent shock.

It's the same as the near daily claims that "Trump is shook!".
Old 06-13-19, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Harry Kerner is a Trump nominee, BTW.
Old 06-13-19, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
https://twitter.com/alex_mallin/stat...98916732313600

Harry Kerner is a Trump nominee, BTW.
How dare the US Office of Special Counsel show respect for the law!

I'm sure Trump will respond to her Hatch Act violations by ... giving her a raise.

White House deputy press secretary Steven Groves called the special counsel's actions against Conway "deeply flawed," claiming they "violate her constitutional rights to free speech and due process."

"Others, of all political views, have objected to the (the office's) unclear and unevenly applied rules which have a chilling effect on free speech for all federal employees. Its decisions seem to be influenced by media pressure and liberal organizations -- and perhaps (the Office of the Special Counsel) should be mindful of its own mandate to act in a fair, impartial, non-political manner, and not misinterpret or weaponize the Hatch Act," Groves said.
So her freedom of speech to criticize Democratic candidates trumps (no pun intended) the Hatch Act? Yet legal criticism/investigation of the President is "treason"???

Last edited by Kmical; 06-13-19 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-13-19, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh no, a "recommendation" - Trump will get right on that!

The White House is already saying it's nothing - this blip will be gone by this time tomorrow.

But the White House showed no sign of taking action against Conway in response, calling the OSC ruling “unprecedented” and suggesting it was politically influenced.

“The Office of Special Counsel’s (OSC) unprecedented actions against Kellyanne Conway are deeply flawed and violate her constitutional rights to free speech and due process. Others, of all political views, have objected to the OSC’s unclear and unevenly applied rules which have a chilling effect on free speech for all federal employees,” deputy press secretary Steven Groves said in a statement Thursday.

“Its decisions seem to be influenced by media pressure and liberal organizations – and perhaps OSC should be mindful of its own mandate to act in a fair, impartial, non-political manner, and not misinterpret or weaponize the Hatch Act.”
Old 06-13-19, 01:25 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

And ultimately it is Trump's decision to remove her for this, so it's a non starter
Old 06-13-19, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
And ultimately it is Trump's decision to remove her for this, so it's a non starter
Exactly. Ah, life in Trump's America.
Old 06-13-19, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dunno. I'm tempted to say something like stay shocked and turn that to anger and remain angry and channel it- but I realize that's facile, and forty perpetually angry posters here would make this place unbearable.

I would just hate to see righteous anger and scorn dissipate when it comes time for retribution because of a thousand tiny little pinholes of snark having vented it.

anyway...

also, I wouldn't buy into the phony George and Kellyanne circus. They are straddling both sides of the fence so that they'll wind up on the winning side no matter what, and then monetize that like a 21st century version of Carville and Matlin.
George was a prime booster for Kavenaugh (and wait till we get the full story on the Kennedy/Kavenaugh play), so fuck him too.
Old 06-13-19, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
Old 06-13-19, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...734106112?s=21

You just filtered out the fact that he also met with the Prime Minister.
Old 06-13-19, 03:15 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Arkansas welcome your new governor
Old 06-13-19, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post

You just filtered out the fact that he also met with the Prime Minister.
And? It's not about MEETING with someone from a foreign government. All leaders do that. It's about TAKING POLITICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT FROM THEM. You have to know that's not the same thing. And yes, if the PM offered info on Biden, I'd expect that he'd report it. I'd expect any leader to report it.

Last edited by Draven; 06-13-19 at 05:44 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.