Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 04-19-19, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
No more derogatory names from me.
Bug-Eyed Adam does ring true with me.
Well that didn't last long
Old 04-19-19, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"I said that the word I used, 'countless,' and I also said, if you look at what's in quotations from me, it's that and it's that it was 'in the heat of moment,' meaning that it wasn't a scripted talking point. I'm sorry that I wasn't a robot like the Democrat Party," Sanders said.
This line from the Stepanopolis/Sanders interview really made me sick. She can't even own up to lying without taking a dig at the Democratic Party that doesn't even make any sense. Is Democrats being robots really a thing? So much venom and hatred from someone who's supposed to be religious.
Old 04-19-19, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by whaaat View Post

33 whole minutes before he proved himself a liar and a hypocrite. I imagine he can beat that.
Old 04-19-19, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Calling somebody bug-eyed is harmless--and I even posted we need more explanation on what the boundaries would be for name-calling, and if the mods mean absolutely no name-calling, including EVERYTHING, then fine. Whore is a lot more aggressive than calling somebody bug-eyed.

You do realize calling Sarah Sanders a liar, is name-calling. So, you technically broke the rule before I did. In any case, calling somebody a liar is not in the same league as whore, and neither is Bug-Eyes.

Mods can direct me on the boundaries of name-calling and what they mean. My assumption, was that is was actual derogatory names...maybe some of you need to look that word up.
Old 04-19-19, 01:47 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

The most recent thing I said isn't as bad as the earlier thing i said... is quite a defense.
Old 04-19-19, 01:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by whaaat View Post

Why didn't you people point this name-calling out? This happened before my post.

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Can we call them fucking lying liars who lie?

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1119197778482057216

Like, you're under pressure, so your first instinct is to fucking LIE? As a spokesperson for the fucking president? That's how you fucking operate?
But even that's fucking bullshit, as "heat of the moment", "slip of the tongue" do not even slightly correlate with what she actually said, which were several, obviously thought out, lying claims.
And I also said:

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei

I would totally agree to that. Let's all start fresh, mature, and respectful. No more derogatory names from me. Cam we call people "jerk", "stupid", "dumbass", or whatever, so that might need to be explained.
I would think the C-word, Whore, and a few other words are derogatory enough to be left out, and I'm ok with that. Calling somebody Bug-Eyes...really.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 04-19-19 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-19-19, 01:50 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Has his round of golf ended, so that he can finish his ... tweet, or is this Covefe all over again, remember that, seems like only yesterday
Old 04-19-19, 02:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
What offensive names have I called Republicans? Seriously, please quote one example. You do realize I'm not a Democrat, right?

Edited to add: To make it easier for you, here's a handy link to search results for all my posts in the political forum: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/search.php?searchid=5890031
After looking at your previous posts going back a little while, I will admit, I mistakenly put you in the same category as calling Presidents, former Presidents, their spouses who passed away, and so forth by other members, mistakenly. For that I want to apologize, and want to say here that you are not in that category and you are one of the more tempered posters here.
Old 04-19-19, 02:04 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Why didn't you people point this name-calling out? This happened before my post.
Where's the name-calling in the post you quoted? I see the word LIAR. That's a characterization of something they 100% choose to do on their own, not an insult about someone's appearance, or a misogynistic slur.
Old 04-19-19, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
This line from the Stepanopolis/Sanders interview really made me sick. She can't even own up to lying without taking a dig at the Democratic Party that doesn't even make any sense. Is Democrats being robots really a thing? So much venom and hatred from someone who's supposed to be religious.
The surprising thing is that she cared enough about the oath that she admitted to lying then. Since she constantly lies to everyone, I figured the special counsel would get the same treatment.
Old 04-19-19, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post

The surprising thing is that she cared enough about the oath that she admitted to lying then. Since she constantly lies to everyone, I figured the special counsel would get the same treatment.
I thought it was the same thing as Alex Jones. She plays her part (lying for the President) in public but under oath she admits what she's actually doing.
Old 04-19-19, 02:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Where's the name-calling in the post you quoted? I see the word LIAR. That's a characterization of something they 100% choose to do on their own, not an insult about someone's appearance, or a misogynistic slur.
We were discussing name calling. Not just appearances. Whore is a derogatory word but it can alse be accurate just like "liar". I wasn't under the impression calling somebody Bug-Eyed was so inflammatory and a word that is demeaning to men or women. I think the mods and most of us know what derogatory means, and bug-eyed is not on that list. Again, whatever the rules are but any name-calling could include any descriptive word. That's why we might need a clarification.
Old 04-19-19, 02:49 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

That's a whole lot of word salad amounting to absolutely nothing.
Old 04-19-19, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can we just discuss the shit-for-brains, orange shitgibbon president instead of what constitutes name calling?
Old 04-19-19, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Whore is a derogatory word but it can alse be accurate just like "liar".
Yes, it can be accurate, when describing a literal prostitute. You have to extrapolate for “whore” to make sense otherwise.

A liar just has to be someone who lies.
Old 04-19-19, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster View Post

Yes, it can be accurate, when describing a literal prostitute. You have to extrapolate for “whore” to make sense otherwise.

Old 04-19-19, 03:19 PM

I think it should be common sense as to what is name-calling or not. I'm not going to play the game of laying down specific rules so everybody can skirt around them. Anybody who continues can expect moderator action.
Old 04-19-19, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

CNN elevating an editorial by Trump sycophant Scott Jennings to headline status. Of course if Obama did do more Jennings would be accusing him of spying on the Trump campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/opini...ngs/index.html
Old 04-19-19, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster View Post
One could say she is whoring out her soul for money and power.
Old 04-19-19, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He never did finish the thought in this tweet. I hope he’s OK.
Old 04-19-19, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

I hate it when Official Presidential Statements trail off before they are finished.
Old 04-19-19, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

It was time to tee off right in the middle of that presidential tweet.
Old 04-19-19, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
It was time to tee off right in the middle of that presidential tweet.
The man's got to have his priorities:

1. Watch Fox News
2. Play golf
3. Exhibit criminal conduct
4. Tweet
5. Order others to commit crimes
6. Look for additional ways to monetize his Presidency
7. Look for ways to discriminate/punish non-whites
8. Check in with his buddy Vlad

and, if time permits,

8. Execute the duties of the President of the United States
Old 04-19-19, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For everyone calling for impeachment now, despite acknowledging the senate would not vote to remove him (clearly at this point in time, anyway), Rick Wilson makes some strong arguments for why that is not a smart move.

Basically- going in knowing you will lose, all you are doing is setting him up to elevate himself.
For one (big) thing, it will be a bonanza for fundraising, both for him as well as all the R's that fully endorse and abet all this grotesquery.

While it may make people feel good, and be greatly desired and a panacea to these wounded psyches, it's not the smart course of action.

Instead, he argues, work from your position of strength. Right now they have enormous investigatory and subpoena powers. As he says, "they can grind these people to dust".
And that's not to simply be petty and vindictive. There will be the opportunity to uncover and expose more evidence of wrong doing, more opportunities for bad actors to lie to congress, and more occasions where we vividly see what kind of people are representing us- for good and bad.

Sadly, I have to agree. Mueller all but yelled out in the report that he was basically being boxed in and therefore congress needs to step up and remove him. But this point, with less than eighteen months to the next election, it would not only be futile, it would likely backfire giving a blatantly corrupt party too much fuel and prestige.

Anyway, it's well worth the listen here
Old 04-19-19, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

he finished it!

Last edited by stingermck; 04-19-19 at 04:27 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.