Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 12-21-18, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

He knows tech better than anyone. Except everyone.
Old 12-21-18, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Meanwhile

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">if you guys need me, i’ll be in a hole in the ground ��������</p>&mdash; Megan Mullally (@MeganMullally) <a href="https://twitter.com/MeganMullally/status/1075856808277770240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 12-21-18, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This guy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Democrats now own the shutdown!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076132028888825857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 12-21-18, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
This guy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Democrats now own the shutdown!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076132028888825857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
And his base will believe it. And Fox will repeat it (ignoring that he proudly said he'd own it just a few days ago). And his fellow Republicans will agree with him. Because reality doesn't matter anymore.
Old 12-21-18, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's a fucking game of tag to him.
Old 12-21-18, 09:23 AM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
And his base will believe it. And Fox will repeat it (ignoring that he proudly said he'd own it just a few days ago). And his fellow Republicans will agree with him. Because reality doesn't matter anymore.
Would it be possible to buy ad space on FoxNEWS to run that clip of Trump stating that he owned the shutdown? His minions wouldn't like that too much.
Old 12-21-18, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And this is where the rest of the media should do its job. Rather than have Republican shills on air to repeat the lies and spin, simply replay the video of Trump demanding that the government shutdown be his.

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
Would it be possible to buy ad space on FoxNEWS to run that clip of Trump stating that he owned the shutdown? His minions wouldn't like that too much.
I don't think they'd run that ad. Has any of Tom Steyer's ads run on FoxNews?
Old 12-21-18, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This again highlights the problem with the President using Twitter - there is zero accountability. Sanders should have had to get up in front of the press corps to make that statement. Instead, Trump can just fire it into the ether and make everyone deal with it without having to respond.

Obama used to regularly go up in front of the press and answer questions - he liked to do it around the time the talk show I produce goes on the air so I saw it happen many times. He wouldn't fire shit like this off on Twitter. He'd present his information and take questions. That's the way it should be done.

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
And this is where the rest of the media should do its job. Rather than have Republican shills on air to repeat the lies and spin, simply replay the video of Trump demanding that the government shutdown be his.
I don't have the news on right now but I'm sure plenty of them will do just that. I doubt Fox will though.
Old 12-21-18, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This again highlights the problem with the President using Twitter - there is zero accountability. Sanders should have had to get up in front of the press corps to make that statement. Instead, Trump can just fire it into the ether and make everyone deal with it without having to respond.

Obama used to regularly go up in front of the press and answer questions - he liked to do it around the time the talk show I produce goes on the air so I saw it happen many times. He wouldn't fire shit like this off on Twitter. He'd present his information and take questions. That's the way it should be done.
There's nothing that can be done about that so that's that. It's the new "normal".

I don't have the news on right now but I'm sure plenty of them will do just that. I doubt Fox will though.
No, they won't do just that. They'll still have Republican shills on spouting their lies and spin, the host will play Trump's video clip, then the shill will spin it... and because the shill was given airtime, they have been given legitimacy.
Old 12-21-18, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
This guy

I mean, literally nothing changed except who he says owns it. What he predicted last week happened to the letter and at that point he said he’d be the one shutting it down. While impressive, the brute force of his vanity, ignorance and stupidity isn’t enough to reshape reality.
Old 12-21-18, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn. Fox News told Sanders, Trump just re-founded ISIS

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brian Kilmeade tells Sarah Sanders that Trump “just re-founded ISIS” by withdrawing from Syria. <a href="https://t.co/rEy5xkCzct">pic.twitter.com/rEy5xkCzct</a></p>&mdash; Bobby Lewis (@revrrlewis) <a href="https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1076111670613811201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2018</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’ve done more damage to ISIS than all recent presidents....not even close!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076138140795064320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2018</a></blockquote>

Trumps 14th tweet today.
Old 12-21-18, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I REALLY enjoyed the "Merry Christmas" at the end of that Fox clip Like they just HAVE to fucking get that shit in there.
Old 12-21-18, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’ve done more damage to ISIS than all recent presidents....not even close!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1076138140795064320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 21, 2018</a></blockquote>

No Corporal Bonespurs, YOU did NOTHING to damage ISIS. You teed off on the 12th at Mara Lago while some 19 year old Kurdish rebel risked his life to fight ISIS so you could abandon him.
Old 12-21-18, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes. John Oliver does it all the time to get “messages” to Trump. Some are pretty damn funny.
Old 12-21-18, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

And I thought we weren’t calling it a “wall” any more. But some slate thing.

And why is he talking that others couldnt build a “wall or fence”? They could. A fence is there now. And it’s not that old.
Old 12-21-18, 10:08 AM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Yes. John Oliver does it all the time to get “messages” to Trump. Some are pretty damn funny.
That's Catheder Cowboy, he is subtle, so I wonder if the minions know what it is about. A total anti-Trump commercial with his own words might be upsetting to the old White men watching.
Old 12-21-18, 10:09 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I've been saying for quite a while that Trump likes and respects "Chuck and Nancy". As a result, they are able to get him to commit to things (as much as Trump can commit to anything) that goes against his natural instincts. That is what happened here. They got him to agree to signing that CR but then his base had to remind him of what his position (and theirs) is.
The weird and scary thing is that as more and more people abandon Trump, he becomes more dependent on his core base, the people who will stick with him no matter what, many of whom hold extreme positions far different from the rest of the country. They and Trump desperately need each other because each other is all they have.
Old 12-21-18, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

David Jolly and Rick Wilson were on twitter talking about creating a PAC ad.
Old 12-21-18, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought that Trump was so rich? Couldn't he fund the wall himself?
Old 12-21-18, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If Senate Republicans nuked the filibuster for $5 billion, it would be the most ridiculous shit ever. Like, have they have conducted land surveys yet? $5 billion wouldn't even cover the access roads or buying the private land needed to even start building the damn thing. I'm sure they know this, which is why it will never happen. But trump wants his goddamned border monument!
Old 12-21-18, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Old 12-21-18, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
If Senate Republicans nuked the filibuster for $5 billion, it would be the most ridiculous shit ever. Like, have they have conducted land surveys yet? $5 billion wouldn't even cover the access roads or buying the private land needed to even start building the damn thing. I'm sure they know this, which is why it will never happen. But trump wants his goddamned border monument!
Ah, maybe that is the REAL reason for Trump trashing the CR deal is exposed. He was after the "nuclear option"... and this (in his mind) makes the case for it.
Old 12-21-18, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
If he did, you and others would be whining and complaining about the write-offs and how he was taking away jobs from those who deserved them.

By the way, I read a long time ago, there were 60+ Hispanic companies wanting contracts related to the wall. That would have helped a lot of southern-border communities.

If we can waste money on Iran and fund other countries with their walls like Obama did...why is it so bad creating our own security sections (i.e., wall) today?
Old 12-21-18, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What jobs are you talking about? The comment was about funding.
Old 12-21-18, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.