Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 03-31-19, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Yup, Can't deny it. I definitely was wrong...on some major points.

The resolution to this is gong to be even messier and more drawn out than I expected it to be (and to be fair, I was saying we would still be seeing prosecutions related to this initiated years from when the principals go down).
Old 03-31-19, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
Yup, Can't deny it. I definitely was wrong...on some major points.

The resolution to this is gong to be even messier and more drawn out than I expected it to be (and to be fair, I was saying we would still be seeing prosecutions related to this initiated years from when the principals go down).
Boy, if you keep kicking these deadlines for action down the road, Trump will have wrapped up his second term before anything happens.
Old 03-31-19, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Boy, if you keep kicking these deadlines for action down the road, Trump will have wrapped up his second term before anything happens.
headlines: former president donald trump arrested for ______
Fox/GOP: meh who cares, he's not the president anymore, worry about current issues libs!
Old 03-31-19, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IIRC, I stopped speculating on more specific timelines last spring.

But yeah, there is every possibility Trump could serve out a full term.
A second term seems highly improbable, even given the number of ignorant, racist fundamentalist yahoos in this country, unless he gets the same extraordinary assistance from adversarial nations that he enjoyed the last time.

Of course, the Dems usually do find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old 03-31-19, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sorraffy View Post
headlines: former president donald trump arrested for ______
Fox/GOP: meh who cares, he's not the president anymore, worry about current issues libs!
Yup, happened to Nixon, Reagan, Bush Jr, and it'll happen to trump.
But then everything about trump has been different, so maybe he'll buck this trend.

Old 03-31-19, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
A second term seems highly improbable, even given the number of ignorant, racist fundamentalist yahoos in this country, unless he gets the same extraordinary assistance from adversarial nations that he enjoyed the last time.
If an enemy really wants to damage us and has the capability to move the needle on the 2020 outcome, I would expect them to help the Democrat candidate win and then leak the details of their operations shortly after the election. I suppose they could do the same on Trump’s behalf, but I think it would cause far greater problems if they helped his opponent win.
Old 03-31-19, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yup, happened to Nixon, Reagan, Bush Jr, and it'll happen to trump.
But then everything about trump has been different, so maybe he'll buck this trend.
It's a very weird dynamic,one party has no problem throwing politicians under the bus the second they are no longer useful to the party.

Another party has the extreme opposite and worship people as "elder statesman/statewomen. Not until the 2028 or 2032 will anyone running dare to criticize a single thing Obama ever did during a Presidential debate,hell it's 2019 and some Dem's still can't accept what a scumbag Bill Clinton is.
Old 04-01-19, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post

If an enemy really wants to damage us and has the capability to move the needle on the 2020 outcome, I would expect them to help the Democrat candidate win and then leak the details of their operations shortly after the election. I suppose they could do the same on Trump’s behalf, but I think it would cause far greater problems if they helped his opponent win.
This.

I do not think Putin/Russia has any great love for Trump. Their intent is to cast doubt across
the world on our elections and thus democracy. They will help or hurt Trump to meet that end.
Old 04-01-19, 07:44 AM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

This.

I do not think Putin/Russia has any great love for Trump. Their intent is to cast doubt across
the world on our elections and thus democracy. They will help or hurt Trump to meet that end.
I disagree that Russia would help a Democrat anytime in the near future. Russia (Putin) will do what is in its best interest. Right now they have a friendly President and a friendly Republican establishment on their side. I don't think they would want to mess that up by helping a Democrat get elected. A Democratic President and or Congress will be hostile to Russia due to their unconventional attacks against the United States.
Old 04-01-19, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
I disagree that Russia would help a Democrat anytime in the near future. Russia (Putin) will do what is in its best interest. Right now they have a friendly President and a friendly Republican establishment on their side. I don't think they would want to mess that up by helping a Democrat get elected. A Democratic President and or Congress will be hostile to Russia due to their unconventional attacks against the United States.
Well he helped Trump because of his hatred for HRC and blamed her for many of the sanctions.

So you point is well made.
Old 04-01-19, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
I see it as Schiff-ty asking for cash in an attempt to make reality match the Democrat narrative.
This is the second time I've seen you use this juvenile nickname for Adam Schiff. Please explain what about him you feel is deceitful or evasive, and provide examples. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-01-19, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whaaat View Post
This is the second time I've seen you use this juvenile nickname for Adam Schiff. Please explain what about him you feel is deceitful or evasive, and provide examples. Thanks in advance!
That's what their Dear Leader does, gotta mindlessly follow him by calling people by nicknames a seven year old would come up with. Ooo, his name is "Schiff", get it? How clever.

Old 04-01-19, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This should be a REALLY big fucking deal...

But, I'm sure it'll be mostly ignored, even in this thread.
Old 04-01-19, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Though this whistle-blower story seems to be getting some traction....

White House whistleblower says 25 security clearance denials were reversed during Trump administration.

White House officials whose security clearances are being scrutinized by the House Oversight Committee include the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump, her husband Jared Kushner and national security adviser John Bolton, according to the panel’s letter.
Newbold named several superiors she took her concerns to, including: Director of Personnel Security Carl Kline; his immediate supervisor, Chief Operations Officer Samuel Price; White House Counsel’s Office; the assistant to the president Marcia Kelly; and Chief Security Officer Crede Bailey.
In the case of one top White House official, merely described as “Official 1” in committee documents, Newbold said Kline overruled her and another employee’s denial of an application amid concerns about foreign influence. But Kline, she said, “failed to address all of the disqualifying concerns listed by Ms. Newbold and the first-line adjudicator,” according to a committee summary of her response.
Tricia Newbold is a goddamn hero for speaking up about these national security overrides at the WH, despite the workplace harassment and discrimination she's received in retaliation from Kline.
Old 04-01-19, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

This.

I would be interested in Putin's reaction if a Democrat did win ... and appointed Hillary as Secretary of State again
Old 04-01-19, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, and in other news, Democrats are fucking cowards!

Old 04-01-19, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

White House whistleblower says 25 security clearance denials were reversed during Trump administration.
I was just going to post this news. Very disturbing. If mitigations were documented, that's one thing, but the article I read seemed to indicate that the denials were reversed without addressing the reasons for the initial denials in any way.
Old 04-01-19, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This should be a REALLY big fucking deal...

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/st...19816458706944

But, I'm sure it'll be mostly ignored, even in this thread.
It would get more attention if a Trump official WASN'T compromised. At this point it's damn near a job requirement to be someone who is in opposition to your new role and/or directly benefiting from the policies you enact. That's what happens when you vote someone like Donald Trump into office.
Old 04-01-19, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
It would get more attention if a Trump official WASN'T compromised. At this point it's damn near a job requirement to be someone who is in opposition to your new role and/or directly benefiting from the policies you enact. That's what happens when you vote someone like Donald Trump into office.
The fake lamestream media never bothers reporting on the rare occasion that a Trump appointee is both qualified for their job and not corrupt.
Old 04-01-19, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
But you’re only considering the first half of the scenario I posited. Imagine Trump in office, having just lost to a Democrat president elect, with open and incontrovertible proof that foreign powers caused or contributed to his loss. I can’t think of an outcome more likely to do massive damage to our country. Trump would insist on invalidating the results and then what? Whatever the courts decided, confidence in our system would be destroyed on both sides of the aisle and the ascension of anyone to replace Trump would likely result in widespread violence.
Old 04-01-19, 12:42 PM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post

But you’re only considering the first half of the scenario I posited. Imagine Trump in office, having just lost to a Democrat president elect, with open and incontrovertible proof that foreign powers caused or contributed to his loss. I can’t think of an outcome more likely to do massive damage to our country. Trump would insist on invalidating the results and then what? Whatever the courts decided, confidence in our system would be destroyed on both sides of the aisle and the ascension of anyone to replace Trump would likely result in widespread violence.
The political system is already disrupted with Trump and the current state of the Republican party. Trust in government is at all time lows. I don't think a massive Russian effort to get a Democrat elected is going to provide a better payoff than what the Russians have already achieved.
Old 04-01-19, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
The fake lamestream media never bothers reporting on the rare occasion that a Trump appointee is both qualified for their job and not corrupt.
Old 04-01-19, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
I know you're being sarcastic, but the appointment of Nikki Haley as U.S. ambassador was praised by most media sources.
Old 04-01-19, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
I know you're being sarcastic, but the appointment of Nikki Haley as U.S. ambassador was praised by most media sources.
That's true. But I wonder how much of that praise was because she was actually a good choice or because, by comparison, she wasn't as loony as Trump's other appointments.
Old 04-01-19, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whaaat View Post
Some other names for "shifty" are false, sneaky, scheming and untrustworthy.

Schiff claiming (a big dud) the Nunes FISA memo release will cause a “constitutional crisis” and would lead to the firing of Mueller. It did not - and I might point out that we may soon see declassified portions of the FISA application and communications from the key people at the FBI and DOJ who ran the Russia investigation (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and Ohr).
Schiff’s leaking - recently it has been suggested the CIA could stop giving Schiff information over his habitual leaking, it was said he leaks “like a screen door on a submarine”. It is thought that Schiff is responsible for that botched CNN “Bombshell” alleging contacts between Don Jr. and Wikileaks.
For almost two years Adam Schiff has said he has evidence that associates of Donald Trump colluded with Russia to rig the 2016 election. According to what we know the Muller report says prosecutors “did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”
House Intelligence Committee members and other Republicans members are saying that Schiff should step down as chairman in a letter, they said “Your actions both past and present are incompatible with your duty as chairman of this committee,” the letter stated. “We have no faith in your ability to discharge your duties in a manner consistent with your constitutional responsibility and urge your immediate resignation as chairman of this committee.”

Your welcome.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.