Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 03-28-19, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Hell, I'd settle for him just not talking about the 2016 election anymore.
Old 03-28-19, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I would assume that a copy of the original report is housed somewhere other than Barr's hot little hands?

I don't trust him or Trump to ever release the report unedited (if it is ever released at all).

So I would hope that there is more than one copy of the original out there. Is that a fair assumption?
Old 03-28-19, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's also why they want him out.
Old 03-28-19, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
So I would assume that a copy of the original report is housed somewhere other than Barr's hot little hands?

I don't trust him or Trump to ever release the report unedited (if it is ever released at all).

So I would hope that there is more than one copy of the original out there. Is that a fair assumption?
We live in the age of pdfs.
Old 03-28-19, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
Is the shitstain still talking about her emaaaaaiiiiiillllls??
And don't forget Benghaziiiiiii!!!!!1111!!!!
Old 03-28-19, 03:44 PM

Old 03-28-19, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Mueller Report (the actual one) must have found a great deal, if not everything. What else can explain this week:

- the shortest victory lap ever (despite that weird Time cover).
- suddenly committing-to-launch every Trump-camp policy change without any plans.
- sudden change of Senate rules to push judges through
- RNC and America First super-nervous about news reports, enough to declare they will launch attacks at anyone who does reporting

And even with a great deal of help from cable news falling over themselves to declare the Mueller report complete and conclusive (as few in this thread have already pointed out), we still have minimal poll movement in favor of trump - and majority of those polled find Mueller investigation and report worthy, valuable, and necessary to deliver.
Old 03-28-19, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wait...so is the wall still being built as we speak? And Trump, do you have a replacement plan for Obamacare? You should tell someone. I think you said it would be "two weeks" before we saw the plan and that was like...last year? What's the holdup, Republicans? You've had plenty of time to work on this.
Old 03-28-19, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post

I seriously doubt that Mueller is dumb enough to only have one copy of that report. And I would bet that if the report is not released within a reasonable amount of time, it (or part(s) of it) will start leaking.
Old 03-28-19, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
I'll admit he's unscrupulous and doesn't seem to mind destroying the legacy of Congress to serve a partisan agenda, but in the scope of things he's no John C. Calhoun.
I like having you back, but dang you take my posts before I get a chance.
Old 03-28-19, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know this for a fact, but I would guess that if a report was "leaked", Mueller would not be able to confirm or deny if it was in fact the true, actual report and not a doctored version of it.

It needs to be released legitimately and then publicly verified.
Old 03-28-19, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

LOL Trump just threw Betsy DeVos under the bus. Claimed cutting the Special Olympics was her idea and he disagreed with it. Sure dude.

Speaking to reporters as he left the White House for a rally in Michigan, Trump said he had authorized funding for the event. "I heard about it this morning. I have overridden my people. We're funding the Special Olympics.''
Now he wants a Nobel Peace prize for funding the Special Olympics.

Followed by
“Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said in a statement she was pleased with the president's decision. I am pleased and grateful the President and I see eye to eye on this issue and that he has decided to fund our Special Olympics grant. This is funding I have fought for behind the scenes over the last several years,” DeVos' statement said.
These fuckin' people

Last edited by cungar; 03-28-19 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-28-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
BTW, was exactly is a failure of the ACA? Not what parts do some disagree with, but what specifically makes it a failure?
I didn't like the mandatory fee. Wasn't a lot but...why have it in the overall package? Just seemed like a way to extort money from people who didn't need it nor wanted it. I noticed premiums increased so much, and it seemed the healthcare insurance companies were writing their own tickets when it came to premiums. Many ACA exchanges did not qualify for subsidies. Only a single insurer, driving prices higher with no competition. This was a major issue from elderly patients who came to me.

Also, if the plan was viable, why did Obama divert billions of dollars from the US Treasury, going directly to the insurers? That just seemed like a big scam to me, trying to keep the too big to fail companies alive.

And of course, healthcare coverage for all. It does sound great, and I'd be all for it, but we also have people who take advantage of this healthcare system, and are chronically sick, and they use the system to their fraudulent benefit. I even saw it in my niche domain, where people who had used the system before ACA...were actually getting more money from the government, instead of a door visit from the Feds.

Some of you probably don't know but I supported Obama in his first term. I actually wanted to give him a chance and thought that it was a refreshing new atmosphere to the WH, but the ACA just made more work for doctors, to the point where they left the practice, losing experienced people, in with the new who didn't give a flying fuck, adding more regulations, adding more fees, increasing premiums...hell, I thought Republicans were secretly behind the ACA for a while.
Old 03-28-19, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
I seriously doubt that Mueller is dumb enough to only have one copy of that report. And I would bet that if the report is not released within a reasonable amount of time, it (or part(s) of it) will start leaking.
Well, I'm all for the report being released, but releasing/leaking unredacted parts would be illegal...and would actually make Mueller into a criminal, which would be ironic.

Dems would spin Mueller as the new American Hero, but I'm not sure that hero could fly.
Old 03-28-19, 05:35 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

the DeVos quote is brilliant.

Look over here, not there.
Old 03-28-19, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
the DeVos quote is brilliant.

Look over here, not there.
She spent the last two days defending the defunding of the SO and then had the nerve to say this

I am pleased and grateful the President and I see eye to eye on this issue and that he has decided to fund our Special Olympics grant. This is funding I have fought for behind the scenes over the last several years,”
Only in Trumpworld.
Old 03-28-19, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
https://twitter.com/admiralmpj/status/1111282373574840321

It's also why they want him out.
if I were Schiff., I'd wait till 3am, and scan that shit into the public domain!
And then things are basically truly following watergate.
Old 03-28-19, 05:43 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Also how has he done more for PR than anyone? Threw some paper towels their direction?

Old 03-28-19, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also how has he done more for PR than anyone? Threw some paper towels their direction?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1111370152044564490
Ah yes, the White Man's burden once again. Some shit never dies.
Old 03-28-19, 05:52 PM

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1111370152044564490
What a fucking racist piece of shit. Thousands of people died and he didn't do anything about it and wants to cut funding. Fuck him and his sycophants
Old 03-28-19, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
if I were Schiff., I'd wait till 3am, and scan that shit into the public domain!
And then things are basically truly following watergate.
From that Twitter opinion,

The four-page Barr Report doesn't mention the third section fo the Mueller Report, the CounterIntelligence Section. Barr is required BY LAW to hand that over to Chairman Schiff. And he's stalling.
Well, why not ask Comey about it? He's the one that started it and Mueller just took over.

Here's the real truth, and Schiff even hints at it (even posted a politically forum-friendly link for y'all):

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ence-findings/

“We do not yet know the results of the counterintelligence investigation led by Comey and then Mueller,” Schiff said in an opening statement at a hearing on the Kremlin’s use of financial intelligence and other means to further its intelligence efforts. “It is not clear whether, or to what extent, the Mueller report, which is focused on prosecutorial decisions, will even discuss counterintelligence findings.”
If Schiff doesn't know this stuff by now, he needs to be removed from his position and let somebody else take over without tossing wild stupid conspiracies into the public domain.
Old 03-28-19, 05:56 PM

The whole Devos/Special Olympics thing is the typical I'll create the problem and give you the solution bullshit that this administration is infamous for.
Old 03-28-19, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
What a fucking racist piece of shit. Thousands of people died and he didn't do anything about it and wants to cut funding. Fuck him and his sycophants
This!
Old 03-28-19, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Assume he did cut funding (going along with your comment), how is he racist for it. I remember PR not wanting Trump's help. From my recollection, they said they'd do it on their own. Even cancelled a major contract with a company that was to repair their electrical grid--this resulted in a 12-week delay in getting power to citizens. That's 3 months. And I think it was even longer.

Then they came back later and whined and screamed that the Trump Admin did nothing for them and killed people. Well, if the repairs were done by that company without such refusal and mash-stomping, I bet at least one PR citizen would have been saved.

The people who were involved in the cancelling of the deal. Ricardo Ramos and Governor Ricardo Rosselló.
Old 03-28-19, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Assume he did cut funding (going along with your comment), how is he racist for it. I remember PR not wanting Trump's help. From my recollection, they said they'd do it on their own. Even cancelled a major contract with a company that was to repair their electrical grid--this resulted in a 12-week delay in getting power to citizens. That's 3 months. And I think it was even longer.

Then they came back later and whined and screamed that the Trump Admin did nothing for them and killed people. Well, if the repairs were done by that company without such refusal and mash-stomping, I bet at least one PR citizen would have been saved.

The people who were involved in the cancelling of the deal. Ricardo Ramos and Governor Ricardo Rosselló.
None of what you said is true, as usual.* The contract that you are talking about was given to a company that only had 3 employees and didn't know shit about electrical grids.* At no point PR said they didn't want Trumps help.* Like at no single point during any part of the 2 hurricanes that went through the island.* It's the exact opposite.* They needed FEMA's help as soon as possible without any restrictions or bullshit.* That Rosello fumble shit.* Yes,* that did happen and it's all on him.* But when Rosello and every single PR official asked for help as soon as Maria left the island, Trump said this

He then visited the town with the least amount of damage and threw paper towels.* Then didn't want to accept the amount of American Citizens that died during and after the hurricane because of the lack of help.* This blood is on his fucking little hands.* He's fucking responsible for not doing what was necessary to get all the help needed.* Why?* Because he's a fucking racist piece of shit who doesn't think Puertoricans should be American Citizens.* And don't forget that part of the debt in the island is because of his his failed projects.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.