Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 03-28-19, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
This Time cover certainly sparks an intentional reaction, then you see the DOJ logo on the umbrella and you realize what they're implying and you know this is just getting started...

Although I think the death of newspapers and magazines are a bad thing for this country (were losing good journalists for a more opinion-type media), I hate to break it to you but Time Magazine is really irrelevant compared to 15,20,30+ years ago. Time Magazine cover (in its day) was something that would span all of pop culture, I bet anyone under 30 years old would even know what the magazine is these days. But I'm sure this will resonate with the Over 55 white liberal crowd who still have subscriptions!
Old 03-28-19, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by coli View Post
Although I think the death of newspapers and magazines are a bad thing for this country (were losing good journalists for a more opinion-type media), I hate to break it to you but Time Magazine is really irrelevant compared to 15,20,30+ years ago. Time Magazine cover (in its day) was something that would span all of pop culture, I bet anyone under 30 years old would even know what the magazine is these days. But I'm sure this will resonate with the Over 55 white liberal crowd who still have subscriptions!
Agreed, but the "over 55 white" (not necessarily liberal) are historically far more likely to vote than the "under 30"s
Old 03-28-19, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Time Magazine cover (in its day) was something that would span all of pop culture, I bet anyone under 30 years old would even know what the magazine is these days. But I'm sure this will resonate with the Over 55 white liberal crowd who still have subscriptions!
I think that's a comment more on magazines in general, than Time specifically. And what's up with his crooked pinky? Anyway, I'm sure trump will be THRILLED to be on the cover, until someone on his staff has the guts to actually explain the pic to him.
Old 03-28-19, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
I think that's a comment more on magazines in general, than Time specifically. And what's up with his crooked pinky? Anyway, I'm sure trump will be THRILLED to be on the cover, until someone on his staff has the guts to actually explain the pic to him.
So... never?
Old 03-28-19, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really hope they keep poking at Barr's bullshit and not let it go

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...90243939008512

I mean, it's only been a couple days, and most people are already calling bullshit on this, with their voices growing louder by the day. Though Barr certainly seems like the kind that won't ever buckle. So it would seem like it would have to somehow leak or something.
Ah the joys of anonymously emailed pdfs.
Old 03-28-19, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Trump's going to have a Puerto Rican beatdown in the Oval Office

Tensions are escalating between President Donald Trump and Puerto Rico's governor over disaster relief efforts that have been slow in coming for the still-battered island after Hurricane Maria.
In an exclusive interview with CNN, Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló said he would not sit back and allow his officials to be bullied by the White House."If the bully gets close, I'll punch the bully in the mouth," Rosselló said. "It would be a mistake to confuse courtesy with courage."
Old 03-28-19, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wanna inflate your net-worth?
Just lie.

He isn't even smart about it, just got lucky. All of that could be easily checked and found to be lies.
It's already clear he's committed insurance and tax fraud and campaign finance crimes. But no one knows what to do about it. It's kind of annoying.

This guys understands my frustration...

Old 03-28-19, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just lie.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/stat...07419886469123

He isn't even smart about it, just got lucky. All of that could be easily checked and found to be lies.
It's already clear he's committed insurance and tax fraud and campaign finance crimes. But no one knows what to do about it. It's kind of annoying.

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/stat...13543884873728
Isn't the statute of limitations passed on all that stuff by now? ( I think federally it's 5 years )
Old 03-28-19, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You go Adam Schiff! Bravo!!! The GOP can go fuck themselves. And it's beyond rich that Trump can demand for Schiff to step down for lying to the American people. Oh the irony. Gold Jerry, GOLD!

Old 03-28-19, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
I think that's a comment more on magazines in general, than Time specifically.
Not to derail this thread, because I know you guys love bashing Trump here everyday. But the death of the Newspaper and Magazines is one of the few negatives I feel about the internet. Newspapers and even Magazines would have really good journalists who would take their time getting the story (and be more dilligent as they had reliable sources) because you didn't have a world of social media where everyone was patient about the newscycle. There is so much 'shit' (rumors that don't become true) that gets thrown out on the internet these days (by reporters from reputable places) simply because they are in a race to get their news out first. I even see it in sports reporting too as everyone now who is hired must be a 'personalty' more than getting the story straight because you can just throw anything out on Twitter. I hate that Time Magazine/Newsweek aren't relevant anymore, nor are newspapers (Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, NY Times) as the average person clicks on Drudge or Huffington Post these days to get their info and some clickbait headline.

Old 03-28-19, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That Time Magazine cover is ridiculous. Like Trump would really go outside when it's raining.
Old 03-28-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk God

He looks like Penguin.
Old 03-28-19, 12:54 PM

Just lie.

This is why so many of us placed our hopes on the Mueller investigation. It wasn't out of worship of Mueller or anything, it was just this situation of Trump obviously doing something illegal, over and over again, and never getting nailed for it. Or even something like the tax returns. We know there's something fishy in there, but there's no law that requires Trump to release them prior to running; it's just something that presidential candidates generally do. Mueller was finally going to drop some black and white proof of what we already knew, that Trump was dirty. And once again, he walks away unscathed.
Old 03-28-19, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
That Time Magazine cover is ridiculous. Like Trump would really go outside when it's raining.
Ha. I snorted.
Old 03-28-19, 12:58 PM

Calling the guy who's suing an imaginary cow a hero while saying that Schiff should resign and be prosecuted for treason. This isn't Nazism. It's the redneck, stupid version of it.

Old 03-28-19, 01:02 PM

Hilarious parallel with how Barr is burying the report against trump, yet trump wants the case against Smollett to be revealed.

BTW, don't know where else to post this, but all this talk about trump, and as bad as he is, I honestly think McConnell is even worse. He may well be the most damaging politician to ever exist in the U.S., and the fact that Congress doesn’t have an override to counter the opinion of one damn person in Congress is absolutely absurd.
I've been wondering about this today. IF the truth ever comes out and the evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians and committed crimes is shown on that report, would Mr. Turtle here be prosecuted too for obstruction of justice? I mean, this fucking guy has used his power to fuck over Obama and protect Trump at all cost.

Just lie.

This is what irritates me about Pelosi. The evidence is out there that Trump is a crook. Why not use that to get him out of office and arrested?
Old 03-28-19, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
This is what irritates me about Pelosi. The evidence is out there that Trump is a crook. Why not use that to get him out of office and arrested?
Because she doesn't have the legal power to do so?
Old 03-28-19, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
You go Adam Schiff! Bravo!!! The GOP can go fuck themselves. And it's beyond rich that Trump can demand for Schiff to step down for lying to the American people. Oh the irony. Gold Jerry, GOLD!
Adam Schiff is a partisan politician doing what politicians do... nothing more noble, nothing less noble.

As much as I think that the committee should see the entire report, unredacted, I know that they'll leak snippets of the report that will advance their particular narrative. But this is where we're at.
Old 03-28-19, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
... Mueller was finally going to drop some black and white proof of what we already knew, that Trump was dirty. And once again, he walks away unscathed.
just a friendly reminder
On February 21, 1975, Nixon's former Attorney General John Mitchell was found guilty of conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury and sentenced to two and a half to eight years in prison for his role in the Watergate break-in and cover-up. The sentence was later reduced to one to four years and he finally served only 19 months of his sentence before being released on parole for medical reasons
Also, Barr's audition for his current job, in which he argued presidential powers make the office akin to a monarchy, was actually 15 pages longer than his distillation of hundreds of pages of conclusions which itself was a summation of millions of pieces of evidence.

Old 03-28-19, 01:50 PM

Are you guys still talking about Colluuuuuusssionnnnnn?
Old 03-28-19, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We're talking about Meuller's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepoooooooooooooooort, and how no one should take Barr's word for what's in it. Try to keep up!
Old 03-28-19, 02:22 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

The real collusion was the friends we made along the way.
Old 03-28-19, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 03-28-19, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is the shitstain still talking about her emaaaaaiiiiiillllls??
Old 03-28-19, 02:41 PM

Haha exactly

10 years later...but but her emails

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.