Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 03-27-19, 04:25 PM

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
And fucking LOL at the troll using "the American Conservative" as some legitimate, unbiased source. Seriously !
Um, maybe read up on the author of that piece, smart guy. His credibility is off the charts.
Old 03-27-19, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like only the Kool Aid drinkers are buying Trump's BS

CNN Poll: Majority says Trump not exonerated of collusion after Barr's summary

WASHINGTON (CNN)Though President Donald Trump has claimed "complete and total exoneration" based on Attorney General William Barr's summary of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 election, the American public disagrees, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS.A majority (56%) says the President and his campaign have not been exonerated of collusion, but that what they've heard or read about the report shows collusion could not be proven. Fewer, 43%, say Trump and his team have been exonerated of collusion.
Old 03-27-19, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 03-27-19, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
Hummm....so assuming this is correct, ďsomeĒ might say ďoh, not enough evidence to win a case in a
court Iíd law, but enough to impeachĒ.

Is that what Iím hearing?
Old 03-27-19, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They still interview Napolitano on Fox News like he's going to tow the party line and he consistently doesn't. Cavuto looked like Napolitano just shit in his cornflakes.
Old 03-27-19, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
Yes, as I posted before that you completely avoided answering. Mueller was a Republican and you are trolling. I hope the mods do something before more people leave over your posts.

HERE
This forum has an ignore function. I find it to be a helpful tool for a bit of self-moderating. (unless you self-moderated me in which case you won't see this. LOL)
Old 03-27-19, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Um, maybe read up on the author of that piece, smart guy. His credibility is off the charts.
Ah. Didn't know it was The Killing Fields guy.

Still, no one here is saying McCain is perfect, just that he deserves more respect than what trump gives him.

Old 03-27-19, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

Hummm....so assuming this is correct, “some” might say “oh, not enough evidence to win a case in a
court I’d law, but enough to impeach”.

Is that what I’m hearing?

Since the report is purposefully being kept from everyone (except the subject of it apparently), all we can do is speculate.

Barr auditioned/lobbied for his current position by writing a treatise on how the President can't ever be held accountable for obstruction because he is essentially above the law.

It is entirely possible (probable?) that the overwhelming evidence of guilt is still contained in classified or TS sigint- material that Mueller could not bring to open court. Without that, he may have lacked enough admissible evidence to meet a threshold for a slam dunk.
Without that, he was probably left with little choice (especially since it looks like this was a slow rolled Saturday Night asphyxiation of the SCO), but to punt it upstairs to his superior, who seems to have little other purpose in life than to sweep high crimes under the rug and protect these fuckers and his party.

It galls me that people here, after everything they have seen, immediately defer to the narrative pushed by the people who have been gaslighting them non stop for the last two years. I don't know what explains it- laziness? Confirmation bias?
Something also to keep in mind is this
Thread/ Conspiracy Law - Eight Things You Need to Know.

One: Co-conspirators don’t have to explicitly agree to conspire & there doesn't need to be a written agreement; in fact, they almost never explicitly agree to conspire & it would be nuts to have a written agreement!

Two: Conspiracies can have more than one object- i.e. conspiracy to defraud U.S. and to obstruct justice. The object is the goal. Members could have completely different reasons (motives) for wanting to achieve that goal.

Three: All co-conspirators have to agree on at least one object of the conspiracy.

Four: Co-conspirators can use multiple means to carry out the conspiracy, i.e., releasing stolen emails, collaborating on fraudulent social media ops, laundering campaign contributions.

Five: Co-conspirators don’t have to know precisely what the others are doing, and, in large conspiracies, they rarely do.

Six: Once someone is found to have knowingly joined a conspiracy, he/she is responsible for all acts of other co-conspirators.

Seven: Statements of any co-conspirator made to further the conspiracy may be introduced into evidence against any other co-conspirator.

Eight: Overt Acts taken in furtherance of a conspiracy need not be illegal. A POTUS' public statement that "Russia is a hoax," e.g., might not be illegal (or even make any sense), but it could be an overt act in furtherance of a conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Bar Exam Conspiracy Law Summary
• Need not succeed
• No writing needed
• Many goals, agree on 1
• Use many means
• Don't have to know everything
• If join, on hook for all acts
• Can use statements of one v. other
• Overt acts to further can be legal &
• Quid pro quo is NOT an element!

Last edited by Paul_SD; 03-27-19 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-27-19, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Looks like only the Kool Aid drinkers are buying Trump's BSCNN Poll: Majority says Trump not exonerated of collusion after Barr's summary

WASHINGTON (CNN)Though President Donald Trump has claimed "complete and total exoneration" based on Attorney General William Barr's summary of special counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 election, the American public disagrees, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS.A majority (56%) says the President and his campaign have not been exonerated of collusion, but that what they've heard or read about the report shows collusion could not be proven. Fewer, 43%, say Trump and his team have been exonerated of collusion.
But the public opinion poll doesn't mean anything except fueling more controversy. The headline makes it sound like Americans were a part of the Special Counsel. Far from. And I suspect, not that large of a poll, either.

Also, you want to get into word-twisting, here's an example:

A majority (56%) says the President and his campaign have not been exonerated of collusion, but that what they've heard or read about the report shows collusion could not be proven
How can anyone prove collusion when Mueller's own report says no further indictments recommended and doesn't name Trump in any indictment.
Old 03-27-19, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
This forum has an ignore function. I find it to be a helpful tool for a bit of self-moderating. (unless you self-moderated me in which case you won't see this. LOL)
If it filtered out all of their comments AND all the people replying to those comments, I would ignore him.
Old 03-27-19, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sheesh, it like pulling teeth with this fucking guy and the reprot...

If Barr's summary accurately reflects what's in the report they would have wanted it published in every newspaper.

And seems like he's not fooling anyone...

"This report has great stuff in it for trump!"
"Can I see it?"
"...nope!"
Old 03-27-19, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The report must be turned over. If Trump wants to move on, then it has to be turned over. You canít move on from a report that Congress and the Public have not seen.
Old 03-27-19, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The report must be turned over. If Trump wants to move on, then it has to be turned over. You canít move on from a report that Congress and the Public have not seen.
Itís under audit. Nothing to be done.
Old 03-27-19, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
This guy is stating the obvious. There is almost certainly at least some evidence of both crimes. (Anyone who has been paying attention already knew that.) Unfortunately, some people have no common sense. Others are propagandists.

This is also why Trump and McConnell don't want the full report to be released. It could only hurt.
Old 03-27-19, 07:35 PM

Call your senators and tell them to vote to release the full report to the public. The vote is symbolic, but it could help move the needle. Right now McConnell is blocking a vote.
Old 03-27-19, 07:40 PM

Why didn't Mueller make a call on obstruction? Did Mueller want Congress or the attorney general to weigh in on the matter? We need answers.

Old 03-27-19, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
If it filtered out all of their comments AND all the people replying to those comments, I would ignore him.
If I care about a place, whether work or country or a silly internet forum, I want it to be a decent place. If there are people actively making it a worse place, they shouldn't be ignored. That's part of the reason trump got elected. Too many people were unwilling to call him a liar and a bully and an asshole. They insisted on remaining civil in the face of bugfuck crazy. While the country has been sliding to political polarization for a long time, it went into overdrive when President Pants-On-Fire took over.

I have a number of people blocked. It's not because I never want to deal with their crap. (And sometimes, even they have good ideas.) It's because I don't have the energy to deal with their crap all the time. But if bullies and crackpots are constantly spouting their garbage in a place that I care about, they need to be challenged.
Old 03-27-19, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't believe you

They had nothing before, and they sure as shit haven't been working on it since then.

"Wait, this healthcare bill is just a burrito wrapper, and it still has a half-eaten burrito in it!"

Here's some more brilliant strategy...

Dude just doesn't seem to understand they make a fuck ton of the cars here and that trade deficits aren't inherently bad.

He (mistakenly) he thinks that the Barr summary brought him 2020 on a platter and he can now do whatever he pleases.

By all means, proceed.

And some levity...

Old 03-27-19, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yikes, Bannon Harkonnen is not looking well...

Kind of a cross between Emperor Palpatine and Beetlejiuce.
Old 03-27-19, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

To be fair, Anderson looks like Max Headroom in that picture
Old 03-28-19, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So he's admitting Barr helped him obstruct justice. Cool. Coolcoolcool.

Like, if a cop pulls you over for speeding when you were not speeding, you can totally punch the cop in the face and drive off, because you weren't doing what the cop pulled you over for!
Old 03-28-19, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So the WH had no healthcare plan that would pass both House and Senate when controlled by the Republicans. But NOW they have one that can pass the Republican controlled Senate and Democratic controlled House?

Yea, good luck with that.

Here is my take. Repeal the ACA all you want. It’s done its job. The cat is out of the bag and u can’t stuff it back in. It educated people. And people liked it. They want it. And it made people realize it just plain idiodic to “go back”. People are now receptive to things like single Payer or Medicare for all. People want more,not less.

I love over these guys.....”the ACA is a failure”. “Oh, but yea, we want pre-existing conditions covered. Oh yea, we want kids to be able to stay longer on their parents policy. Oh yea, we don’t want annual or lifetime limits. Oh yea, low income should be able to get coverage”.

But no, the ACA is a failure.... lmfao....these guys....

Last edited by Sdallnct; 03-28-19 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-28-19, 12:22 AM

So the WH had no healthcare plan that
The new one will be called "Repeal and (Never) Replace"...
Old 03-28-19, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Why didn't Mueller make a call on obstruction? Did Mueller want Congress or the attorney general to weigh in on the matter? We need answers.

https://twitter.com/hardball/status/1111042076907589633
Comey is only concerned with protecting Comey and he misses the spotlight. Maybe soon he can get what he deserves.

No recommendation of collusion indictments.

Obstruction charge would never hold up under those circumstances.
Old 03-28-19, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, was exactly is a failure of the ACA? Not what parts do some disagree with, but what specifically makes it a failure?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.