Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 03-25-19, 05:56 PM
Suspended

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Exactly. Also, Repubs want to be the only ones controlling the narrative on this. If the people got to read it for themselves, they wouldn't be able to do that.
How can Reps be controlling the narrative when it was Mueller and the Dems in charge of the investigation.

Seems to me the Dems are the ones forecasting the narrative and controlling it. Now Mueller and Barr are in the bulls-eye of the Dems just because they don't like what Mueller found...which was nothing.
Old 03-25-19, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think Barr's ruling on obstruction was a political act masquerading as a professional one.

Old 03-25-19, 05:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Fucking hell with these people... I can name 20 trump supporters off the top of my head who, by the standard of this letter, should never be allowed on television news ever again.

"Does this guest warrant further appearances in our programming, given the outrageous and unsupported claims made in the past?"

trump himself does not meet this standard! And this ignores the fact that the campaign of the POTUS should not be trying to dictate to the press how to cover the news.
The press has pushing lies on the public ever since Trump got elected (and earlier but more so since he won the election). And now Trump is being blamed for expressing his distaste with them? At minimum, many media outlets are guilty of unethical conduct. They purposely spread lies and disinformation to manipulate their viewers. Is it no surprise their viewers are so angry at what Mueller's conclusion was? If they did their accurate reporting, it would have been forecasted Mueller would come up with no collusion. I said as much many months ago--and of course I was accused of everything under the sun here, and mocked at because I couldn't possibly know what Mueller had or hadn't. And when Mueller's office gave BuzzFeed a nice spanking that it deserved not too long ago...it was clear Mueller had nothing on Russian Collusion and was calling out a media organization for lies and spreading rumors.

This is why America is so hateful. Not because of Trump, but because of the media who's been lying to it's viewers, setting them up for disappointment (and the conservative media isn't innocent, either).

Since Mueller said there is no collusion, and no recommendation for further indictments...obstruction is a fantasy and a waste of time.

Eric Holder should be the one talk. He's the most unethical AG I've ever seen in my lifetime. The man was involved in several unethical and even illegal scandals, imo. For him to talk, demonstrates the desperation of a group of people who just don't know when to quit and move on.
Old 03-25-19, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
How can Reps be controlling the narrative when it was Mueller and the Dems in charge of the investigation.

Seems to me the Dems are the ones forecasting the narrative and controlling it. Now Mueller and Barr are in the bulls-eye of the Dems just because they don't like what Mueller found...which was nothing.
Because the Repubs are just hiding behind "TRUMP WAS TOTALLY EXONERATED" which is at best not true and at worst a total lie. Not to mention all of the other people arrested and jailed for your "nothing" report.

If the American people got to see the full report for themselves, it might not be so easy for the Repubs to hide behind King Trump. You'd think they'd want it out there if it was total exoneration, right? I know I would.

The press has pushing lies on the public ever since Trump got elected (and earlier but more so since he won the election). And now Trump is being blamed for expressing his distaste with them? At minimum, many media outlets are guilty of unethical conduct. They purposely spread lies and disinformation to manipulate their viewers. Is it no surprise their viewers are so angry at what Mueller's conclusion was? If they did their accurate reporting, it would have been forecasted Mueller would come up with no collusion. I said as much many months ago--and of course I was accused of everything under the sun here, and mocked at because I couldn't possibly know what Mueller had or hadn't. And when Mueller's office gave BuzzFeed a nice spanking that it deserved not too long ago...it was clear Mueller had nothing on Russian Collusion and was calling out a media organization for lies and spreading rumors.
Yeah, they aren't spreading lies and disinformation en masse. They are reporting on the news. Could the media have been lied to? Of course. Trump shows how easy it is to get away with blatant and easily provable lies. There is no reason to think that they would have been able to "forecast" no collusion - because a bunch of members of Trump's team keep talking to Russians and then lying about it! Doesn't that make you angry? Don't you want these people to be better? Or is the "win" against the Dems more important than anything?

This is why America is so hateful. Not because of Trump, but because of the media who's been lying to it's viewers, setting them up for disappointment.
Yeah, it's the media's fault that they report on things Trump does . Not what they say he does - they play the clip of what he does. That's why I'm angry. Why aren't you?
Old 03-25-19, 06:02 PM

Democrats weren't in charge of the investigation. It was a DOJ investigation, and Mueller hired people based on their expertise.

Mueller found plenty. Do you think he was twiddling his thumbs for the last two years? He chose not to charge anyone for criminal conspiracy because he didn't think the facts warranted it.
Old 03-25-19, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Because the Repubs are just hiding behind "TRUMP WAS TOTALLY EXONERATED" which is at best not true and at worst a total lie. Not to mention all of the other people arrested and jailed for your "nothing" report.

If the American people got to see the full report for themselves, it might not be so easy for the Repubs to hide behind King Trump. You'd think they'd want it out there if it was total exoneration, right? I know I would.
When were the Dems in charge of the Mueller investigation?

Republicans were in control for the first 2 years. The government was shutdown for a month and about a month later Mueller finishes up.
Old 03-25-19, 06:09 PM

False dilemma: Mueller charged people for criminal conspiracy, or he found nothing at all.

The Trump campaign and Russia had an improper relationship. It apparently wasn't a working relationship. Or to use another analogy, they flirted at a bar and went back to Trump's place but didn't end up doing the deed.
Old 03-25-19, 06:38 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
they flirted at a bar and went back to Trump's place but didn't end up doing the deed.
That's not the characterization of the pee tape that I've heard.
Old 03-25-19, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
That's not the characterization of the pee tape that I've heard.
Well, you've heard that blowjobs aren't really sex? Same goes with watersports.
Old 03-25-19, 07:33 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-25-19, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is why America is so hateful. Not because of Trump, but because of the media who's been lying to it's viewers, setting them up for disappointment (and the conservative media isn't innocent, either).

Since Mueller said there is no collusion, and no recommendation for further indictments...obstruction is a fantasy and a waste of time.

Eric Holder should be the one talk. He's the most unethical AG I've ever seen in my lifetime. The man was involved in several unethical and even illegal scandals, imo. For him to talk, demonstrates the desperation of a group of people who just don't know when to quit and move on.
No. just no.

The investigation can easily be justified based on a Trumps own words and actions. Full stop.

The media saw these very same items and reported such. As they should.

Just as an example, when the media found out about the Trump Tower meeting, should they have not reported? When the media fought Trump Jr. lying about said meeting, should they not have reported?

It makes as much sense as media shouldn’t have reported that HRC used a private server.
Old 03-25-19, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just now catching up on things. So let me if I have this straight.

Republicans appointed a republican to investigate a republican who then passed on his findings to a republican who was specifically appointed to absolve a republican?

Shocking results.
Old 03-25-19, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Pretty much.
Old 03-25-19, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post

Republicans appointed a republican to investigate a republican who then passed on his findings to a republican who was specifically appointed to absolve a republican?

Shocking results.
Mueller is also 100% right or 100% wrong, depending on what day you ask Trump and his cronies.
Old 03-25-19, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Meuller report might say no conscious collusion. But Republicans benefited from Russian election interference. But I suppose we have interfered in so many foreign elections that we just need to sit back and accept the new normal.

I wonder who who will join in for 2020.
Old 03-26-19, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
The Meuller report might say no conscious collusion. But Republicans benefited from Russian election interference. But I suppose we have interfered in so many foreign elections that we just need to sit back and accept the new normal.

I wonder who who will join in for 2020.
Russia must be laughing their asses off. “Oh shit, they caught us red handed”. “Oh, never mind”
Old 03-26-19, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post

Shocking results.
Except Robert Mueller ran the FBI for two years under President Obama and has a long established history of being apolitical. The U.S. Senate had to vote to extend Mueller's tenure at the Bureau for Obama, and they voted 100-0 to keep him there.
Old 03-26-19, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
But that's not a crime. If my boss gets in trouble at work and loses his job and they offer me the position, I've done nothing wrong to get it.
Old 03-26-19, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
^Pretty much.

no it wasnt. He was kept by 100-0 by even democrats. But we can continue to beat this down.

Democrats need to move on from this.
Old 03-26-19, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's hope Trump runs on the Russia investigation. It's of vital importance to most Americans.
Old 03-26-19, 09:20 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post

Democrats weren't in charge of the investigation. It was a DOJ investigation, and Mueller hired people based on their expertise.

Mueller found plenty. Do you think he was twiddling his thumbs for the last two years? He chose not to charge anyone for criminal conspiracy because he didn't think the facts warranted it.

Virtually every single participant in Mueller's investigation...was Democrat. It's impossible to believe there wasn't any bias there. which is why this investigation took 2 years to come up with...nothing.

And let's say there wasn't any bias just for kicks.

Ok, so Dems and the media...need to trust Mueller and drop this silly collusion story. But they aren't. They are now attacking Mueller.

So....I guess we really should have fired him.

See, either way you look at it now, there was no collusion. Personally, I expected a slightly harsher conclusion (although Mueller did include a snarky comment in the final brief), but I was surprised when Mueller put the rather large cork on the Russian Conspiracy vodka bottle, and said no further indictments.

What a waste of money for a few guys who cheated on their taxes and were just dirtbags, way before Trump even hired them. However, I won't dismiss Trump's lack of hiring people who are questionable and who bring a shadow with them. At the same time, I have to wonder if Trump would have hired better-qualified people if he didn't have such a difficult time finding applicants who didn't hate him so much.

Finally, does anyone REALLY think more investigations into Trump need to happen? Do we REALLY think anything will happen, other than draining peoples' energy and wasting time, and fueling anti-Trumpers hatred even more, and having the media toss out IED theories on live television, only to be setting them up for disappointment yet again? See, this is what the media and certain politicians want. They want them angry.
Old 03-26-19, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok, so Dems and the media...need to trust Mueller and drop this silly collusion story. But they aren't. They are now attacking Mueller.
So, I haven't been paying SUPER close attention, but are dems and the media really ATTACKING Mueller? I haven't seen that. I've seen people say "Show us the whole report".
Old 03-26-19, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They should focus on Barr, who now probably put the report in the same cabinet as Doritos’s taxes.
Old 03-26-19, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Virtually every single participant in Mueller's investigation...was Democrat.

Names please. That statement literally has no basis in fact.
Old 03-26-19, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Shocker!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.