Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 02-26-19, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
What the heck Matt Gaetz? is this threatening a witness?

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...03846386835456

In case he delete it
Old 02-26-19, 09:07 PM

So Trump is friends with a guy who executed tons of dissidents in the last month. Just great. In other news that will that will twist Trump's mushroom penis when he sees it:

US general says no military threat on southern border

LOLITA C. BALDOR
Associated PressFebruary 26, 2019
WASHINGTON (AP) — Under pointed questioning from senators, the top U.S. general for homeland defense said Tuesday that he sees no military threat coming from the southern border with Mexico, but his focus is on "very real" threats from China and Russia.Air Force Gen. Terrence O'Shaughnessy, commander, U.S. Northern Command and North American Aerospace Defense Command, told a Senate committee that proposed barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border could increase security against any potential military threats coming from the south. But he said Russia's advancements in training and capabilities, and its intent to hold the U.S. at risk, present an urgent threat to America.President Donald Trump has declared a national emergency along the southern border to fund his proposed wall, and he plans to use Defense Department funds from military construction and counter-drug programs to pay for it. Members of Congress are challenging that.Democratic senators on the Senate Armed Services Committee peppered O'Shaughnessy with questions about the need to divert the money from existing projects and questioned the validity of a national emergency declaration."I'm concerned, very frankly, that this administration is politicizing our military and militarizing our immigration policy - in effect, using the troops under your command as political props, both in terms of declaring a fake emergency but also compromising our potential security by diverting them away from other assignments and missions that are absolutely necessary," said Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.The meeting comes as the Democratic-controlled House was planning a vote Tuesday to revoke Trump's emergency declaration, and send legislation to the Republican-held Senate, where it would take only a handful of GOP defections to pass it.O'Shaughnessy, who visited the southern border on Saturday with Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, was careful to defer any assessment of the southern threat to the Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection. He said that those agencies believe that more fencing can impact the movement of drugs across the border.O'Shaughnessy said he would defer to DHS "on the character of the threat," adding that Northern Command is trying to "be a good partner" as the other agencies take on the drug trafficking challenge. Asked if it is a national emergency, he said, it is a "national issue" that requires a "whole-of-government approach."Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., questioned whether Congress should allow Trump to use Pentagon money for a non-defense emergency."The threat isn't military, and still we'll take $6 billion out of the defense budget to deal with it?" said Kaine. "If we set that precedent, I certainly can foresee a day when a president is going to say 40,000 gun deaths a year are an emergency, and why don't we take money out of the Pentagon budget to deal with that?"Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, argued that the shipment of illegal drugs from Mexico into the U.S. has caused tens of thousands of deaths, and that it constituted an emergency. But he also endorsed O'Shaughnessy's assertion that Russia's expanding fleet of icebreakers in the Arctic present a serious threat, and the U.S. needs to increase its capabilities there.The U.S. Coast Guard currently has one working Polar-class icebreaker ship, but there's funding in the Defense Department budget to begin building more. Sullivan said the poor condition of the U.S. ship is a disgrace, and the U.S. needs more ability to counter Russia and China in the arctic.
https://news.yahoo.com/us-general-sa...-politics.html
Old 02-26-19, 09:40 PM

I'm calling it now. Trump will make a deal with Kim Jong Un. He is desperate to make a deal. I wonder if it's as obvious to the North Koreans as it is to us.

Of course, Kim isn't going to hand over all of his nukes. Trump may know that. He may not care, provided that he can strut around and pretend to be a master negotiator and peacemaker.
Old 02-26-19, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All that will happen is that “promises” will be made.
Old 02-26-19, 10:06 PM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
I'm calling it now. Trump will make a deal with Kim Jong Un. He is desperate to make a deal. I wonder if it's as obvious to the North Koreans as it is to us.

Of course, Kim isn't going to hand over all of his nukes. Trump may know that. He may not care, provided that he can strut around and pretend to be a master negotiator and peacemaker.
What Trump would really like to do is pull US troops out of South Korea. He wants to save money. If they declare the Korean War over he might try to do that. Thatís not to say NK wouldnít turn around and invade the south.
Old 02-26-19, 11:02 PM

MICHAEL COHEN'S OPENING STATEMENT
Old 02-27-19, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. No holding back, there.
Old 02-27-19, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Itís interesting reading all of that together. Itís well written and organized. It, of course,íwonít change anything but itís well done.
Old 02-27-19, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow! Can't wait to see the shitstain's tweetstorm in response to that!
Old 02-27-19, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
Known liar, fake news, I barely knew him, he wasnít involved in my campaign at all, but her e-mails, crooked dossier, etc.
Old 02-27-19, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pretty good read.
Old 02-27-19, 06:53 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
At this point, I am less interested in his response or that of his supporters, but I'd like to see what Mueller thought, since I assume he must have received the same information and may have other corroborating evidence.
Old 02-27-19, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Pretty good read.
Is a good read.

Lets SS hope this starts a floodgate of similar people telling similar stories.
DVD Talk Legend

DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post

Known liar, fake news, I barely knew him, he wasnít involved in my campaign at all, but her e-mails, crooked dossier, etc.
Exactly. Theyíve already spun up that narrative. I doubt anything will change.

Edit: Yep, Trumpís tweet above about Cohen hits all the highlights.

Last edited by Draven; 02-27-19 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-27-19, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like one of my HS papers where I thought I was being clever by increasing font and space size to reach the page requirement.
Old 02-27-19, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think we need to start a pool where everyone buys a date on the calendar on which we think Don Jr. gets indicted.
Old 02-27-19, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And Don Sr
Old 02-27-19, 07:54 AM
Admin-Thanos

Nothing that we havenít all known, but itís nice that itís finally going on the public record. I would hope that the suspension of reality that exists in over 40% of Americans who support him would be lifted, but I have my doubts.
Old 02-27-19, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post

Nothing that we havenít all known, but itís nice that itís finally going on the public record. I would hope that the suspension of reality that exists in over 40% of Americans who support him would be lifted, but I have my doubts.
Thatís my take too. Everything here is common knowledge at this point. Everyone knows Trump paid off Stormy, worked with Roger Stone and Wikileaks and used his charity to do shit like buying his own painting. None of this will change anyoneís mind so, as has been the case every time something ďbigĒ comes up, weíre exactly where we were before.
Old 02-27-19, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
What the heck Matt Gaetz? is this threatening a witness?

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...03846386835456

In case he delete it
And deleted

Old 02-27-19, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Per CNN:

"I think you will have a tremendous future for your country, youíre a great leader," Trump told Kim. "We will help it to happen."
Youíre. A. Great. Leader.

To a brutal dictator who kills people all the time.

The President of the United States thinks heís great. And Trumpís supporters donít bat an eye. #MAGA
Old 02-27-19, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
Some people believe the threat I made was a threat.

God I love ďapologiesĒ that blame others for thinking a threat is a threat or sexual harassment is sexual harassment or racist things are racist.
Old 02-27-19, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yep, there is always a tweet!

Old 02-27-19, 08:47 AM

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.