Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 02-19-19, 11:39 AM

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
Not surprised at all, many people really count on those refunds and they are going to be in for a very rude awakening this year.
Yes, with similar income and deductions (mostly local and property tax, mortgage interests), I went from $1000 refund last year to owing over $2600 tax this year!
Old 02-19-19, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

Thar made me laugh out loud.
They could have at least written it as "(surprisingly long pause for applause)" That would have at least been accurate in a way.
Old 02-19-19, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It IS funny, but in reality, it's probably just the script that Pence read, and the script probably had those (Applause) in there so he knew where to pause.
Old 02-19-19, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
OMG you remember that speech Pence just gave that got *crickets* as a response? The official white house transcript added (Applause).
I am sure that transcript is just a copy of the speech and that had that (Applause) written in already. That said, it's still hilarious. I do love that NO ONE broke ranks and clapped for Pence.

EDIT: joeblow beat me to it.
Old 02-19-19, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

(If at a campaign rally in Iowa, pause for applause. If you're addressing European world leaders, just move on.)
Old 02-19-19, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

OMG you remember that speech Pence just gave that got *crickets* as a response? The official white house transcript added (Applause).

Old 02-19-19, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ftsoh View Post
Yes, with similar income and deductions (mostly local and property tax, mortgage interests), I went from $1000 refund last year to owing over $2600 tax this year!
Wow, I haven't filed yet but I'm kind of scared of the results. Something like your example could crater people who live paycheck to paycheck and have very little savings. And isn't that a fairly large percent of the country these days? Shit's gonna get real.
Old 02-19-19, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I know it’s just another Tuesday. And Macabe is being painted as a lier. However, this seems pretty big,

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/19/andr...-of-trump.html

Macabe told members of both the House and Senate they had opened a counter investigation into Trump.

Obviously the whole coup thing was stupid, but assuming the above is true (and regardless of what you think of Macabe, he would be foolish to lie about somwthat can easily be checked out) it’s seems a lot of people were on board with such an investigation.
Old 02-19-19, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 02-19-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He really does think he's our all-time favorite President.
Old 02-19-19, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe he's referring to Obama
Old 02-19-19, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why does it matter that the FBI was investigating Hillary Clinton? I thought the FBI was a trainwreck with bad leadership perpetuating fraud on the American people.
Old 02-19-19, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know itís just another Tuesday. And Macabe is being painted as a lier. However, this seems pretty big,

Macabe told members of both the House and Senate they had opened a counter investigation into Trump.

Obviously the whole coup thing was stupid, but assuming the above is true (and regardless of what you think of Macabe, he would be foolish to lie about somwthat can easily be checked out) itís seems a lot of people were on board with such an investigation.
I find it easier to believe that McCabe would lie about it than for Devin "toadie" Nunes to keep quiet about it.
Old 02-19-19, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I find it easier to believe that McCabe would lie about it than for Devin "toadie" Nunes to keep quiet about it.
Yeah, but why would you lie about a meeting you had with 8 people? There's probably even a transcript somewhere (though I doubt it could be released)
Old 02-19-19, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well there's about 8 people who can confirm or deny it. Let's go.
Old 02-19-19, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh crap ... incoming report from NYT saying that Trump told Whitaker to replace the SDNY attorney general with someone who is on Trump's team. Just a little "light" obstruction ...
Old 02-19-19, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, but why would you lie about a meeting you had with 8 people?
I don't know what McCabe's reason(s) would be for lying (if he did). But not knowing the reason doesn't mean it couldn't have happened. I could speculate about what his reasons might be, but they would only be wild guesses.
Old 02-19-19, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh crap ... incoming report from NYT saying that Trump told Whitaker to replace the SDNY attorney general with someone who is on Trump's team. Just a little "light" obstruction ...
Oh and...

Michael Flynn under investigation for plan to give Saudi Arabia nuclear technology

The House Oversight Committee has launched a formal investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn for planning to give nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia, which may have violated the law.
Old 02-19-19, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle View Post
You sure as fuck can't answer simple questions, like: If trump's no criminal, why is he always surrounded by criminals?

Also, any comment on President Clown calling for "retribution" against a comedy show?
Why do Democrats continually surround themselves with racists, bigots, sexual assaultists (I use only one state of Virginia for all those examples), and just plain liars of being assaulted by Trump supporters.

You sure as FUCK, don't have much of an answer for them apples do yah.

Buddy.

But yeah, that Trump. He so bad. He so Russian. He so racist. He so liar.

So let me ask you. Why do YOU hand around a party that has all this shit and defend it. Maybe you like what they are? Maybe you just pretend to not be something or another? Because we've sure seen a lot of racists, liars, and sexual deviants coming from the Democrats lately. And being this is a mostly Left-hangin' media world, that's saying somethin'.
Old 02-19-19, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Why do Democrats continually surround themselves with racists, bigots, sexual assaultists (I use only one state of Virginia for all those examples), and just plain liars of being assaulted by Trump supporters.

You sure as FUCK, don't have much of an answer for them apples do yah.

Buddy.

But yeah, that Trump. He so bad. He so Russian. He so racist. He so liar.

So let me ask you. Why do YOU hand around a party that has all this shit and defend it. Maybe you like what they are? Maybe you just pretend to not be something or another?

Classic post. Asked to explain something specific to Trump and you deflect if off by grouping every democrat into a bucket describing the absolute worst we've seen. Cause every Dem is the same, am I right?? Might have well just replied with "but her emails". It would have held the same meaning with less typing on your end.

Ted Bundy went to a Republican convention in the 60's. All you Republicans are a bunch of serial killing, rapists!!!!! See how that works?
Old 02-19-19, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know it’s just another Tuesday. And Macabe is being painted as a lier. However, this seems pretty big,

Obviously the whole coup thing was stupid, but assuming the above is true (and regardless of what you think of Macabe, he would be foolish to lie about somwthat can easily be checked out) it’s seems a lot of people were on board with such an investigation.
Painted as a liar? I thought he was fired for lying. That's more than just a few paint dobs and a brush.
Old 02-19-19, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Classic post. Asked to explain something specific to Trump and you deflect if off by grouping every democrat into a bucket describing the absolute worst we've seen. Cause every Dem is the same, am I right?? Might have well just replied with "but her emails". It would have held the same meaning with less typing on your end.
Whataboutism.

Am eye rite?
Old 02-19-19, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Seriously why even bother?
Old 02-19-19, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Seriously why even bother?
I'm bored at work and sick of reading garbage. My own fault for clicking View Post....
Old 02-19-19, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by ftsoh View Post
How much property tax did you normally use as a deduction in prior years.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.