Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 02-13-19, 12:21 PM
  #4951  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 32,776
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
As a teacher, I do my best to teach my students to become educated so that they can go out and earn a good living. One that is better than what teachers are paid. I'm not sure how Trump Nutt Jr. extrapolates that we are trying to indoctrinate the youth on socialism. What exactly has he done in his life aside from being a turd?
Sorry, but you're a loser trying to teach kids socialism. Trump Jr. said it, it must be true. I guess I should tell my 2 sons who are in school/training to be teachers they should just go into real estate and be billionaires instead.
Bandoman is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 12:24 PM
  #4952  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 30,320
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
Sorry, but you're a loser trying to teach kids socialism. Trump Jr. said it, it must be true. I guess I should tell my 2 sons who are in school/training to be teachers they should just go into real estate and be billionaires instead.
Hope you're rich enough to make it happen!
Draven is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 12:50 PM
  #4953  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,350
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
Sorry, but you're a loser trying to teach kids socialism. Trump Jr. said it, it must be true. I guess I should tell my 2 sons who are in school/training to be teachers they should just go into real estate and be billionaires instead.
Sometimes I feel like a loser for giving up the better part of my life to just make a living and scratch by month to month. All in the name of trying to give kids these days a better chance with their own lives. Jr. would know nothing of sacrifice.
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 12:51 PM
  #4954  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,515
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Sometimes I feel like a loser for giving up the better part of my life to just make a living and scratch by month to month. All in the name of trying to give kids these days a better chance with their own lives. Jr. would know nothing of sacrifice.
I can see why hearing this would make a teacher like you livid. Don't worry, soon the fucker will be tossed on that shitheap of history. It's almost guaranteed.
cungar is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 01:01 PM
  #4955  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bronkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AnaheimLand, SoCal
Posts: 14,749
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
I can see why hearing this would make a teacher like you livid. Don't worry, soon the fucker will be tossed on that shitheap of history. It's almost guaranteed.
And then ya can teach the kids about that!
Bronkster is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 01:02 PM
  #4956  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
andicus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,297
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Hope you're rich enough to make it happen!

Beat me to it!
andicus is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 01:06 PM
  #4957  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 11,517
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Hope you're rich enough to make it happen!
Pfft, he is a lawyer.

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
I can see why hearing this would make a teacher like you livid. Don't worry, soon the fucker will be tossed on that shitheap of history. It's almost guaranteed.
That dumb asshole just needs to go fuck off and die already.
cultshock is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 01:17 PM
  #4958  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,515
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post



That dumb asshole just needs to go fuck off and die already.
LOL Yeah that too
cungar is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 01:41 PM
  #4959  
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,941
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
I can see why hearing this would make a teacher like you livid. Don't worry, soon the fucker will be tossed on that shitheap of history. It's almost guaranteed.
It's upsetting enough that Trump Father is President, but at least he got voted in. But since when did we choose to take the package with Kushner, Ivanka and Don Jr., especially for policy-shaping and sensitive security positions? They are probably qualified to help Melania with her Be Best campaign, but that should be it.
Psi is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 02:12 PM
  #4960  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 29,165
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

It's like the same idiots who used to rail against "communists" have been reincarnated into idiots who rail against "socialists".

And one more time, "socialism" in the US when you barely get left of center?
eXcentris is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 02:25 PM
  #4961  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,959
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
It's upsetting enough that Trump Father is President, but at least he got voted in. But since when did we choose to take the package with Kushner, Ivanka and Don Jr., especially for policy-shaping and sensitive security positions? They are probably qualified to help Melania with her Be Best campaign, but that should be it.
And she's doing a bang-up job with that, as we can all see.
Paff is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 02:34 PM
  #4962  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 30,320
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Being married to Donald "I've Never Met a Woman I Haven't Berated To The Whole World" Trump and making "don't be a bully" your central mission continues to blow my mind.
Draven is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 02:36 PM
  #4963  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 10,742
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Being married to Donald "I've Never Met a Woman I Haven't Berated To The Whole World" Trump and making "don't be a bully" your central mission continues to blow my mind.
You think she takes shit from him? I bet he's like a scared baby rabbit when around her. She probably doesn't understand why all of us stupid Americans don't stand up to him.
Noonan is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 02:41 PM
  #4964  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,515
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
You think she takes shit from him? I bet he's like a scared baby rabbit when around her. She probably doesn't understand why all of us stupid Americans don't stand up to him.
I have the opposite read


cungar is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 02:55 PM
  #4965  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,515
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Trump: See they worship me in Italy
cungar is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 03:03 PM
  #4966  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 11,517
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
It's like the same idiots who used to rail against "communists" have been reincarnated into idiots who rail against "socialists".

And one more time, "socialism" in the US when you barely get left of center?
The "red scare" fear mongering had to be updated a bit, after all it has been a US pastime for over half a century.
cultshock is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 03:23 PM
  #4967  
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 45,357
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
It's like the same idiots who used to rail against "communists" have been reincarnated into idiots who rail against "socialists".

And one more time, "socialism" in the US when you barely get left of center?
Yup, the US has always had a boner for the right, just look at their track record of befriending brutal dictators. Pinochet, Batista, Suharto, Franco, Duvalier, Diem, etc.... the list goes on.




inri222 is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 03:56 PM
  #4968  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 19,350
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Is that Trump as a Skylander?
dsa_shea is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 04:16 PM
  #4969  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,959
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
The "red scare" fear mongering had to be updated a bit, after all it has been a US pastime for over half a century.
Not to mention that Russia is trying to return to Soviet Union days (as opposed to the reforms that occurred after the collapse), but inexplicably the GOP is in full support now.
Paff is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 04:30 PM
  #4970  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 29,165
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

"This is what defeat looks like for Donald Trump and the maga Praetorian Guard: accepting scraps and describing them as a feast."

Good read:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...ump-looks-like
eXcentris is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 04:42 PM
  #4971  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,546
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Great photo here!

BDB is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 04:45 PM
  #4972  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 11,517
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Not to mention that Russia is trying to return to Soviet Union days (as opposed to the reforms that occurred after the collapse), but inexplicably the GOP is in full support now.
You're right, and that whole thing fucking blows my mind.
cultshock is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 05:24 PM
  #4973  
DVD Talk Hero
 
inri222's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 45,357
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Not to mention that Russia is trying to return to Soviet Union days (as opposed to the reforms that occurred after the collapse), but inexplicably the GOP is in full support now.
That's because Putin's Russia resembles more of a fascist regime in its early stages. It's more like Mussolini’s Italy than Khrushchcev's USSR.
inri222 is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 05:54 PM
  #4974  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 21,677
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
So Trump is now saying the Democrats are come for their “cars, plane travel and cows”.

His reelection campaign is going to be more fear
mongering? Great.

Oh and Democrates are trying to turn America in to a socialist country?

Do people really buy that shit? Oh wait. Don’t answer. (Hangs Head Down).

Ive mentioned many a time I use to be a republican. Back then the message (that I remember) was positive. “Strong Military” “lower debt” “limited government”. Sure there was always an attack or two on something specific. But I don’t remember this overall fear mongering. Maybe was too close to it.
Sorry, "welfare queens", "death panels", "homosexual agenda", and "terrorist threat level orange" were all Republican scare tactics when you were a party member. I'm sure there were more that I'm forgetting.

The right-wing authoritarian voter believes that the country is going the wrong direction and we need strong leaders to make America the way it should be. That's been part of the Republican party message since World War II. How better for politicians to get out the votes than to whip up fear?

I'm saying this as someone who's voted both R and D for my whole life. The Republicans have allowed the authoritarian wing of their party take over in the last decade, but it's always been there.
Nick Danger is offline  
Old 02-13-19, 06:26 PM
  #4975  
BDB
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20,546
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

oh no on the collision then.


Manafort was clearly lying to cover up something v large!
BDB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.