Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 02-07-19, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post

Yes, the guy who denied the POTUS his constitutional right to nominate a Supreme Court Justice. It would be laughable if it wasn’t so tragic for this country.
...and whose highest priority was to make Obama a 1-term president.
Old 02-07-19, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What a mostly-human turd.
Old 02-07-19, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When parody becomes truth

Old 02-07-19, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Man I just saw this. He's seething like a cornered rabid dog. If I was Schiff I'd get some extra security.

Old 02-07-19, 09:39 AM
Admin-Thanos

Donald Trump takes government dis-functionality to a new level. We were in poor shape before he got here and now it's worse.
Old 02-07-19, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

He's got a point, though. Never before has the House used Presidential Harassment™ in order to get a look at a president's tax returns.
Old 02-07-19, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
He's got a point, though. Never before has the House used Presidential Harassment™ in order to get a look at a president's tax returns.
I'm confused. I thought Presidential Harassment™ was "harassment performed by the President" rather than "harassment of the President". A good example of the first is Trump's Twitter feed.

This is another one of those terms like "bi-weekly" - which has two different meanings depending on context.

FYI, no need to harass a President for his tax returns if he releases them ... unless he doesn't want the American public to see those "charitable donations" to a V. Putin.
Old 02-07-19, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, we've certainly seen more harassment coming from the president than headed the other direction. Also, no other president has been bogged down by investigations? Come on.
Old 02-07-19, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Man I just saw this. He's seething like a cornered rabid dog. If I was Schiff I'd get some extra security.
That's just it, I'm wondering if we'll actually see bodies drop at some point.
Old 02-07-19, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He is UNDER AUDIT!!!! #MAGA
Old 02-07-19, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love how Trump says he doesn't know who Schiff is then claims he's nothing but a Political Hack

If you don't know who he is, prepare to get to know him really well over the next year or so. He just sent a history of your family and cohorts lying before a Devin Nunez orchestrated Republican circle jerk committee to Mueller.

FYI Schiff is the congressman for the district that includes Hollywood just for some added Republican piss off points.
Old 02-07-19, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0871047580656

One of the best (if long) twitter reads I’ve seen. Freshman Congressman try’s to “mansplain” walls to a female security expert. Gets owned.

Oh and factually a good read on “dynamic” vs “static” security. And reminder out southern border is NOT a war zone. And by design and need it must allow “flow”.
Old 02-07-19, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I love how Trump says he doesn't know who Schiff is then claims he's nothing but a Political Hack

If you don't know who he is, prepare to get to know him really well over the next year or so. He just sent a history of your family and cohorts lying before a Devin Nunez orchestrated Republican circle jerk committee to Mueller.

FYI Schiff is the congressman for the district that includes Hollywood just for some added Republican piss off points.

I feel Trump does this on purpose. He does that a lot. Within 2-3 minutes contradicting what he just said. But I think he does this on purpose to give random 20-30 second sound bites that he knows will be used.
Old 02-07-19, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wouldn't give him that much credit. I think he's just so used to "yes men" that he never puts thought into what he's saying because no one would ever call him out for being wrong.
Old 02-07-19, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
He is UNDER AUDIT!!!! #MAGA
I'd like to see the subpoena include request for information as to when Trump was being audited and when the audit ended.
Old 02-07-19, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

One of the best (if long) twitter reads I’ve seen. Freshman Congressman try’s to “mansplain” walls to a female security expert. Gets owned.

Oh and factually a good read on “dynamic” vs “static” security. And reminder out southern border is NOT a war zone. And by design and need it must allow “flow”.

The more I see of this Dan Crenshaw guy the more I think SNL should have never apologized to him.
Old 02-07-19, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel Trump does this on purpose. He does that a lot. Within 2-3 minutes contradicting what he just said. But I think he does this on purpose to give random 20-30 second sound bites that he knows will be used.
Well it was obvious he was being sarcastic in the "don't know him" part but Trump is so transparent, his sarcasm comes off as ignorance.
Old 02-07-19, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The more I see of this Dan Crenshaw guy the more I think SNL should have never apologized to him.
I disagree. He may be a moron but he is a combat vet. Far more than the majority of public officials can say. Davidson joked about his injury from war, not an incorrect/ignorant comment he made.
Old 02-07-19, 10:28 AM
Admin-Thanos

It also allows him to claim both as truth or false depending on his mood and the situation at hand. Just claim both and you can be right depending on who asks.

Remember during the shutdown, we were building the wall as we speak, but we also weren't building the wall because of the Democrats and needed $5 billion to get it done.
Old 02-07-19, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I'd like to see the subpoena include request for information as to when Trump was being audited and when the audit ended.
Damn inefficient government audits this poor guy every year even though each annual audit takes more than 24 months to perform.
Old 02-07-19, 10:54 AM

Damn inefficient government audits this poor guy every year even though each annual audit takes more than 24 months to perform.
I would not be surprised to find out the audits completed within 90 days for each year's return.
Old 02-07-19, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they even happened at all. I work at an accounting firm, and one of our audits never lasts more than a few months, even when it's an audit of a Village or City. When our clients are audited by the IRS it's never taken longer than that to resolve.

90 days would be perfectly reasonable.
Old 02-07-19, 11:08 AM

If they even happened at all. I work at an accounting firm, and one of our audits never lasts more than a few months, even when it's an audit of a Village or City. When our clients are audited by the IRS it's never taken longer than that to resolve.

90 days would be perfectly reasonable.
Maybe Donald Trump's tax advisors are having difficulty provided receipts for "money laundered for Russian oligarchs" under Additional Income???

Maybe some issues proving that donating millions of dollars to "charities" like Ivanka, Jared, Don Jr, and some guy - he didn't even know him - named Putin was legal?
Old 02-07-19, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

A border does not NEED to be a war zone in order to have walls. Where is this idea coming from? This Juliette is creating ideas out of nowhere:

nearly 800 miles of barriers, drones, dogs, etc. -- are so much better. See unlike a war zone (I'll defer to you on that), a port of entry must permit flow. It is how we function as a market economy. So us "experts" think about it in terms of how do we better "secure flow"
Barriers? A wall is a barrier. A barrier can be a wall. A piece of dog shit, can be a barrier. Once again, we're getting into semantics and just a childish game of not wanting to give something to the other side, just due to resentment and post-election butthurt.

And something Juliette must be oblivious to, which to me redacts her entire resume of "experience" on the matter. She says a wall restricts POE? Has she even been to the border? POE has nothing to do with walls blocking transportation. Two completely different areas. POE just needs more personnel to check vehicles and packages, because it's overwhelming there. Any border agent would probably tell you this. They need more people. Walls...are just part of the upgrades that need to be done at the border. Whoever says it's only about walls is a moron. I never thought it was, and I don't know anyone who knows that or has said as much. Funding for a wall, is to me, going to fixing barriers, fixing anything that needs fixing, more materials, and yes even making walls where none were there before.
Old 02-07-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
A border does not NEED to be a war zone in order to have walls. Where is this idea coming from? This Juliette is creating ideas out of nowhere:
The idea is coming from the man she's responding to, Dan Crenshaw. He is the one that is, like *президент (that's Russian for President), is insinuating a wall is necessary because the border area is like a war-zone.

Did you even read through her responses? Can you really take issue with her actual points that a wall is a stupid idea of and by itself (more on that later)? Do you really think it is the wisest use of funds?

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Whoever says it's only about walls is a moron. I never thought it was, and I don't know anyone who knows that or has said as much.
Really? How about the fucking buffoon you voted for and continue to support? He's repeatedly said it's all about the wall. Nobody knows technology better than him or understands terrorism better. He has REPEATEDLY stated it is ALL about the WALL.

I'm totally fine with you calling him a moron for it, though.

Last edited by Nefarious; 02-07-19 at 11:42 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.