Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 02-04-19, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Yeah, their zero tolerance policy that catches people entering the country both legally and illegally and takes their kids away, then loses them, then says "oh well" is pretty fucking evil.
When did Trump cross that line into evil for you? When I first stated that I believe Trump is evil (early 2017) the consensus here was that I was overreacting. So I'm curious what it was that convinced you that he's evil.
Old 02-04-19, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
When did Trump cross that line into evil for you? When I first stated that I believe Trump is evil (early 2017) the consensus here was that I was overreacting. So I'm curious what it was that convinced you that he's evil.
Offering to pay the legal fees if his followers beat up protesters did it for me. Saying "beat that guy up who said a mean thing about me and I'll take care of you" is evil, in my book.

Taking and then losing kids is just at a bigger scale.
Old 02-04-19, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Pretty low bar, but I guess I'll give him that.
TRUMP 2020
"Better Than Hitler!"
Old 02-04-19, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Trump is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. That's incalculably bigger than an "obnoxious tweeter" and you know it.

Trump hasn't done evil things? Sexual assault not evil enough? Encouraging his followers to assault and murder his opponents? Praising a Republican representative for assaulting a reporter? What about separating children from their parents who entered the country legally to seek asylum and then LOSING THE KIDS.

I mean, what the fuck are your standards for evil? Anything less than genocide?
Child molesting robots:

Old 02-04-19, 04:06 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Why the need for such a massively historically-ignorant comparison? Accusing some obnoxious tweeter to a guy who was responsible for over 10 million people dead...is pretty sad.

If Trump was bad enough on his own merits (and had the evidence to prove it)...certain people wouldn't feel so desperate and weak-minded to compare him to somebody that actually did evil things.

Feel free to make Jews, Hungarians, and the Polish...seem increasingly irrelevant, I guess.
Trump already has done evil things. Far from feeling irrelevant, as a Jew I think the lesson we should take away from the Holocaust is to not wait until the absolute worst has happened to take a stand.

What has already happened with children at the border is a humanitarian crisis. Trump is complicit in these crimes. He may not be Hitler but we also shouldn’t have to wait for someone to become the next Hitler to stop them from committing atrocities.
Old 02-04-19, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
That this comment is coming from a mod is particularly disturbing and signals my exit from this thread.
Oh darn. Just when you were crushing it with your brilliant “I tricked you into supporting MS13 and criticizing Obama” talking points!
Old 02-04-19, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hitler supposedly had a small penis and you know what they say about a man with small hands.
Old 02-04-19, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post

Trump already has done evil things. Far from feeling irrelevant, as a Jew I think the lesson we should take away from the Holocaust is to not wait until the absolute worst has happened to take a stand.

What has already happened with children at the border is a humanitarian crisis. Trump is complicit in these crimes. He may not be Hitler but we also shouldn’t have to wait for someone to become the next Hitler to stop them from committing atrocities.
A lot of people talk as if they believe that Hitler started gassing Jews by Day 3 of his Chancellorship at the latest. Not so. If you look at the early days of Hitler’s tenure (say 1933/34), you’ll see some disturbing parallels to what’s going on today.

Do I think Trump intends to put Mexicans into death chambers? No. But I’m not so complacent as to wait around until the crematoriums are built and only then start getting worried.
Old 02-04-19, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Hitler supposedly had a small penis and you know what they say about a man with small hands.
That he has a penis that looks like Toad from Mario Kart?
Old 02-04-19, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree Trump isn't ACTUALLY Hitler, no one is, but he definitely pulls from his playbook. I mean he LITERALLY had a book of Hitler's speeches next to his bed.
Old 02-04-19, 04:57 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

A lot of people talk as if they believe that Hitler started gassing Jews by Day 3 of his Chancellorship at the latest. Not so. If you look at the early days of Hitler’s tenure (say 1933/34), you’ll see some disturbing parallels to what’s going on today.

Do I think Trump intends to put Mexicans into death chambers? No. But I’m not so complacent as to wait around until the crematoriums are built and only then start getting worried.
100% agreed with both of you.

I know it's a "comedy" show, but everyone needs to watch the four videos about what American Fascism looks like by Some More News.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1oGT5uYoKdFYzO

Old 02-04-19, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My purpose in using the Hitler reference was not to say that Trump is as bad as Hitler, but as a way of showing how people will ignore/overlook all the horrible and crappy things Trump has said and done which overwhelm any of the positives that they post. When someone is as dangerous to the office of the presidency, the country and our standing in the world like Trump is, I think it is an embarrassment and almost unpatriotic to continue to support him.
Old 02-04-19, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
My purpose in using the Hitler reference was not to say that Trump is as bad as Hitler, but as a way of showing how people will ignore/overlook all the horrible and crappy things Trump has said and done which overwhelm any of the positives that they post. When someone is as dangerous to the office of the presidency, the country and our standing in the world like Trump is, I think it is an embarrassment and almost unpatriotic to continue to support him.
I think most of us got that Jay. And I totally agree with you regarding Trump supporters at this point.
Old 02-04-19, 05:42 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
It’s already gotten to the point where any defense of him just comes off as “my side at all costs” because I cannot imagine anyone with a working moral compass defending Trump.
Old 02-04-19, 06:11 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Lets not concern ourselves with the constitution or laws, just get in line behind the President or else.
Old 02-04-19, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry, but this thread is utterly fucking laughable at this point, as everyone needs a history lesson regarding the early days of Hitler.

This is from Biography.com:

Hitler took power in 1933, as in his first year the 'Reichstag Fire Decree', announced a suspicious fire at the parliament, suspended basic rights and allowed the detention without Trial. Hitler also engineered the passage of the Enabling Act, which gave his cabinet full legislative powers for a period of 4 years and allowed for deviations of the constitution. By June 14, 1933, Hitler's Nazi party was declared the only legal political party in Germany.

Military Opposition was also punished. Rohm, a perceived rival and other SA Leaders, along with many Hitler enemies, were found and murdered at locations across Germany. By 1934, the cabinet enacted a law abolishing the Office of the President, combining it's powers with those of the Chancellor. Hitler was a dictator within a year after taking office having full control of everything in the country.

And I haven't even gotten to the whole exterminating Jews part of his Dictatorship....

Trump has been in office for 2 years now:

-He couldn't get his Wall built.

-The Republicans lost 40 seats in the Midterms

-Trump lost the Government Shutdown to a 70 year old lady from San Francisco.

-And he wasn't allowed in the House of Representatives to do his State of the Union last month because of the Government Shutdown.

Close this fucking thread down now as it's an embarrassment to the site!

Last edited by coli; 02-04-19 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-04-19, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Party over country. Nothing to see here.
Old 02-04-19, 06:55 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by coli View Post
Sorry, but this thread is utterly fucking laughable at this point, as everyone needs a history lesson regarding the early days of Hitler.

Hitler took power in 1933, as in his first year the 'Reichstag Fire Decree', announced a suspicious fire at the parliament, suspended basic rights and allowed the detention without Trial. Hitler also engineered the passage of the Enabling Act, which gave his cabinet full legislative powers for a period of 4 years and allowed for deviations of the constitution. By June 14, 1933, Hitler's Nazi party was declared the only legal political party in Germany.

Military Opposition was also punished. Rohm, a perceived rival and other SA Leaders, along with many Hitler enemies, were found and murdered at locations across Germany. By 1934, the cabinet enacted a law abolishing the Office of the President, combining it's powers with those of the Chancellor. Hitler was a dictator within a year after taking office having full control of everything in the country.

-And he wasn't allowed in the House of Representatives to do his State of the Union last month because of the Government Shutdown.

He’s also torn children from their parents, locked them in cages, and ensured that many of them never see their parents again. The argument that Trump hasn’t done everything that Hitler has done, down to the timing that Hitler did it, is the only thing utterly fucking laughable here. Or rather it would be laughable if it weren’t so fucking disgusting. You don’t have defend Trump. No one is forcing you to do it.
Old 02-04-19, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by coli View Post

And I haven't even gotten to the whole exterminating Jews part of his Dictatorship....

So Trump is more of an incompetent than Hitler at seizing power. Agreed!
Old 02-04-19, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
You know that the part I bolded about Hitler didn't happen overnight? Yes, Trump has been only 2 years in power and hasn't killed 10 million people, but enough have died under his command, including children, due to his inhumane policies on immigration. What every other poster in this site except you and another few understand is that when we are comparing Trump to Hitler, we aren't comparing the final tally for Hitler's atrocities. What we are comparing are the policies and decisions that Hitler and his people made during the earlier years of his reign that led to the the genocide. Trump, Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon and many others have created and implemented policies that are eerily similar to what Hitler did, for example, discrediting the press, embracing white supremacy, attacking immigrants and minorities and using simplistic slogans for complex problems. We hope that the people have learned about the mistakes in the past by Hitler's regime and that they don't fall for Trump's ideas that in the long run will probably lead to more dead people.
Seems like your own party has embraced racism, as well as sexual assault. Hell, both people are from the same state and this is only news in the past few weeks. And you say your party is somehow better?

If you people are so smart about Hitler, I wanna see side-by-side comparisons of Trump's policies with Nazis, and second, how much different they are from Obama-era policies. If you can't do that, then this is all just a bunch of name-calling this forum is infamous for.
Old 02-04-19, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

He’s also torn children from their parents, locked them in cages, and ensured that many of them never see their parents again. The argument that Trump hasn’t done everything that Hitler has done, down to the timing that Hitler did it, is the only thing utterly fucking laughable here. Or rather it would be laughable if it weren’t so fucking disgusting. You don’t have defend Trump. No one is forcing you to do it.
You better defend Obama, because he did the same thing. And Trump is currently enforcing Obama-era policies when it comes to immigration--in fact, it was Trump that actually decided to make it easier so "families" that crossed could stay together due to all the whining and crying from Democrats that he was so cruel and evil. How do I know? Because Democrats haven't allowed any new major immigration changes to pass and become valid legislation. Also, the courts have struck down a lot of what Trump wants to do, anyway. So, again, we're left with Obama policies. But yeah...Trump.
Old 02-04-19, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 02-04-19, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seems like your own party has embraced racism, as well as sexual assault. Hell, both people are from the same state and this is only news in the past few weeks. And you say your party is somehow better?

If you people are so smart about Hitler, I wanna see side-by-side comparisons of Trump's policies with Nazis, and second, how much different they are from Obama-era policies. If you can't do that, then this is all just a bunch of name-calling this forum is infamous for.
Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit. Everyone, especially Democrats, have publicly asked the governor from Virginia to resign. You must really be fucking delusional or blind to not see that. Is really a contrasty to your fucking party that enables sexual predators and backs them up to be President of the US or Supreme Court Justice
Old 02-04-19, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit. Everyone, especially Democrats, have publicly asked the governor from Virginia to resign. You must really be fucking delusional or blind to not see that. Is really a contrasty to your fucking party that enables sexual predators and backs them up to be President of the US.
Oh my, now you're playing "Well, we're trying to get these racists outta here!" Uhuh. I don't believe you. This guy has been in politics for how long and Dems didn't know about it? PLEASE. Now you're just playing ignorant.

You call Trump a racist and sexual assaulter, and shit, not even a few weeks have passed and you got two Democrats where this exactly happened. Instead of trying to imagine Trump does things that your party actually does, how about you start discussing the issues. You try to say a SCOTUS judge sexually assaulted a woman, several of them, and then we find out they all lied about it just because they wanted to smear a guy who was chosen by Trump.

You don't see a pattern? Unfortunately, most people who hate another so much...never do.
Old 02-04-19, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You better defend Obama, because he did the same thing. And Trump is currently enforcing Obama-era policies when it comes to immigration--in fact, it was Trump that actually decided to make it easier so "families" that crossed could stay together due to all the whining and crying from Democrats that he was so cruel and evil. How do I know? Because Democrats haven't allowed any new major immigration changes to pass and become valid legislation. Also, the courts have struck down a lot of what Trump wants to do, anyway. So, again, we're left with Obama policies. But yeah...Trump.
Again, and again, and again. You are simply wrong about “Trump following Obama’s Policy”. Please see my prior post with link.

Let me say it again. Obama did not detain those seeking asylum (what Trump love to call “catch and release”). There was no need to separate the kids as the parents were not kept. Trump installed a zero tolerance and fully prosecuted asylum seekers.

Your not just miscaracherizing this, your flat out lying. Not to mention your STILL ignoring that this administration has admitted to losing track of many kids. There is zero evidence that Obama had that issue on the very (very) few child separations.

Last edited by Sdallnct; 02-04-19 at 07:48 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.