Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 01-26-19, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Trump administration to build Mexico border wall ‘with or without Democrats’, says Sarah Sanders

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-adminis...213810220.html
Old 01-26-19, 06:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
The border situation is not a crisis nor is it a national emergency. End of story. Caravans of people will still form and come to ports of entry to seek asylum and likely be denied entry, as they are not wanted here by the party in control and a swath of the people that support it. It's not really a matter of whether people are here legally or not, but rather reestablishing the white dominance in the power chain. There truly are people out there worried about losing their position of power based on their skin color. That is the bottom line.
As stated before, a national emergency is dependent on our government officials who determine if it is or not. Second, that means higher-ranking officials...can override an inferior-ranking officials interpretation. Third, that would mean the President has the exclusive right to determine what is and what is not a national emergency...by de facto...he is the President.

You throw this white supremacy phrases out there like it's saying "have a nice day". Overuse of such a term, is no wonder your complaints are falling on deaf ears, even within your own party.

I'll tell you what is happening everywhere and it has nothing to do with skin color. If you work for a company (Black, White, Brown) and you're not with the proper political party, you're harassed and even terminated from your job or forced to resign due to so much pressure from your coworkers. This is especially rampant in Liberal-dominated cities, and those cities are quite large. So, if you want to talk about national emergencies, I'd say that is one right in front of our faces. If you do not believe it is...why should I believe your emergency.

Sure, there are many people worried about their jobs, but it's a lot more than just only one specific issue you keep bringing up. To think there are not other serious issues in this nation, is being willfully naive.

If you want to start a war on Whites, start with your own party. There's a lot of them in power that will NEVER give their power to anyone else. I bet that's a chunky beefy hearty stone to swallow, but you're going to have to grow up and realize it eventually. It's not Republicans...it's your own party.
Old 01-26-19, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 01-26-19, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Dunno if it's the same way on the Twitter app, but there's an arrow you can click to get the link:

Copy/paste that URL into the forum, and it'll automatically embed the tweet.
Thank you, I’ll try at some point! Appreciate!
Old 01-26-19, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
As stated before, a national emergency is dependent on our government officials who determine if it is or not. Second, that means higher-ranking officials...can override an inferior-ranking officials interpretation. Third, that would mean the President has the exclusive right to determine what is and what is not a national emergency...by de facto...he is the President.

You throw this white supremacy phrases out there like it's saying "have a nice day". Overuse of such a term, is no wonder your complaints are falling on deaf ears, even within your own party.

I'll tell you what is happening everywhere and it has nothing to do with skin color. If you work for a company (Black, White, Brown) and you're not with the proper political party, you're harassed and even terminated from your job or forced to resign due to so much pressure from your coworkers. This is especially rampant in Liberal-dominated cities, and those cities are quite large. So, if you want to talk about national emergencies, I'd say that is one right in front of our faces. If you do not believe it is...why should I believe your emergency.

Sure, there are many people worried about their jobs, but it's a lot more than just only one specific issue you keep bringing up. To think there are not other serious issues in this nation, is being willfully naive.

If you want to start a war on Whites, start with your own party. There's a lot of them in power that will NEVER give their power to anyone else. I bet that's a chunky beefy hearty stone to swallow, but you're going to have to grow up and realize it eventually. It's not Republicans...it's your own party.
You lost me on 99% of what you said. But if I follow your logic, your saying POTUS can declare a Nationals Emergency in whatever they want. Correct? So if you support Trump deflating a NE for the wall, you would support a Democratic POTUS declaring a NE on healthcare and putting in place a single payer system?

Hell im for a single payer system and I don’t agree a single person should have the authority to do it. Even if the “ends justify the means”. That’s a scary amount of unchecked power you are advocating.
Old 01-26-19, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

You lost me on 99% of what you said. But if I follow your logic, your saying POTUS can declare a Nationals Emergency in whatever they want. Correct? So if you support Trump deflating a NE for the wall, you would support a Democratic POTUS declaring a NE on healthcare and putting in place a single payer system?

Hell im for a single payer system and I don’t agree a single person should have the authority to do it. Even if the “ends justify the means”. That’s a scary amount of unchecked power you are advocating.
I'm half hoping the shitstain does it just for that reason. Once the Dems are in office, maybe healthcare, gun control, and climate change will be appropriately addressed.
Old 01-26-19, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 01-26-19, 08:34 PM

It will be interesting if Trump declares a NE for the wall funding. Getting his wall money that way seems like a clear end run on the Constitution.
Old 01-26-19, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another classic trumper tantrum.
Old 01-26-19, 08:52 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good news! We've reached the end of Trump's presidency and the end of the GOP. Go to 4:05.

Old 01-26-19, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
Another classic trumper tantrum.
He's such a fucking child. I'd be embarrassed for him if he wasn't a terrible person.
Old 01-26-19, 09:09 PM

I'll tell you what is happening everywhere and it has nothing to do with skin color. If you work for a company (Black, White, Brown) and you're not with the proper political party, you're harassed and even terminated from your job or forced to resign due to so much pressure from your coworkers. This is especially rampant in Liberal-dominated cities, and those cities are quite large.
Really? Republicans are being fired for being Republicans, and Democrats for being Democrats? And it's happening everywhere, but mostly in large liberal cities? And it's "rampant"? Do you have any sources on any of that? I haven't heard of it, especially at the "rampant" level.
Old 01-26-19, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 01-26-19, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
It will be interesting if Trump declares a NE for the wall funding. Getting his wall money that way seems like a clear end run on the Constitution.
Let him build the wall and as soon as a new President is elected then he can have it torn down.
Old 01-26-19, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bronkster View Post
I'm half hoping the shitstain does it just for that reason. Once the Dems are in office, maybe healthcare, gun control, and climate change will be appropriately addressed.
I realize you said “half hope”. And I agree with you and your note of “appropriately”.

But I cant meet you all the way. To even suggest that POTUS can do an obvious end around Congress means talking about the end of democracy as we know it. I don’t want that.

The system does work work when the appropriate people are working it. But it’s “clitchy” when there is not a common understanding.
Old 01-26-19, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

I realize you said “half hope”. And I agree with you and your note of “appropriately”.

But I cant meet you all the way. To even suggest that POTUS can do an obvious end around Congress means talking about the end of democracy as we know it. I don’t want that.

The system does work work when the appropriate people are working it. But it’s “clitchy” when there is not a common understanding.
I was being facetious (especially using the term "appropriately"). I absolutely do not want this to happen because of the repercussions that could/will follow in future administrations (hence my facetiousness).
Old 01-26-19, 10:04 PM

Are you trying to make some really obscure point that even you don't understand, or are you just blatantly lying?

I have to assume both.
Old 01-26-19, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle View Post
Are you trying to make some really obscure point that even you don't understand, or are you just blatantly lying?

I have to assume both.
It sounds like batshit crazy talk to me. Wow.
Old 01-26-19, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's happening everywhere!

Old 01-26-19, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kurt D View Post
Huh, WH official stance is ‘let god take care of it’?

we are well and truly fucked.
SHS: “I don’t think that we are going to listen to her on much of anything, particularly anything that we will leave into the hands of a much, much higher authority,” Sanders said ...
AKA Nancy Pelosi
Old 01-26-19, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Live in DC (well, Arlington VA - as liberal as it gets), the most liberal city of all. Work in DC and call absolute bullshit on this. Get out of your hole

And I'm no Democrat.

Last edited by Red Dog; 01-26-19 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-26-19, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can see certain work environments having problems with political discourse. My shop is mixed. One employee kind of reminds me of DP. But it’s pretty easy to get past in real life.
Old 01-27-19, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
I can see certain work environments having problems with political discourse. My shop is mixed. One employee kind of reminds me of DP. But it’s pretty easy to get past in real life.
Jeez, what are you guys doing on your lunch break? Oh wait, you mean "DP" as in the guy who posts here. Nevermind.
Old 01-27-19, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea. Surfing on this place on my cell phone has made me really lazy with initials.

Politics stiffles productivity (both in a business and nationally). Good management doesn’t let it happen.
Old 01-27-19, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by story View Post
Really? Republicans are being fired for being Republicans, and Democrats for being Democrats? And it's happening everywhere, but mostly in large liberal cities? And it's "rampant"? Do you have any sources on any of that? I haven't heard of it, especially at the "rampant" level.
He doesn't have any sources because it's made up bullshit. Not to mention illegal. If the evidence exists, then same evidence is available to those fired in their discrimination/wrongful termination lawsuits.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.