Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 01-24-19, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
In all honesty this is just an asinine statement. Senator's rarely vote for a Bill and then withdraw their support in a Veto override vote.
I think it is best that you put me on your ignore list.
Old 01-24-19, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So now looks like GOP to “compromise” and might accept a “large down payment” for wall in exchange for disaster relief for a CR.

Wow...big effort there by the GOP. Disaster relief. How the fuck is that something to negotiate?
Old 01-24-19, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Trump's going for the nuclear option. He's going to try to grab $7 billion for his vanity project. See you in court.

Exclusive: White House preparing draft national emergency order and identified $7 billion for wall

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/24/polit...aft/index.html
Old 01-24-19, 05:18 PM
Suspended

Democrats can get quite a bit outta this situation, but apparently just want to deny an "insignificant" wall at all costs. Hell, they could get several times what Trump is asking for his wall for their own programs that most Republicans wouldn't even think of supporting outside of this shutdown, but once again, it's nill on negotiations based on nothing but personal distaste.

Trump suffered a major publicity failure by not standing up to Pelosi, as well as making the SOTU address either from the WH or some other location. Instead...he just walked away from Pelosi and said, "Ok, I talk later after shutdown over." Not a genius move, in my opinion. Some Trump supporters are saying this was some kind of a genius move, but I'm disagreeing with them on this one. It was a bad idea to just walk away from Pelosi, and Pelosi looks like the winner so far, regardless of how insane she comes across.

Personally, if I was Trump, I would have just shown up at the House, and said, "Nancy? Why aren't you letting me in? Why are you relying on walls and locks and security to keep me out? Hmmmm?"
Old 01-24-19, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Democrats can get quite a bit outta this situation, but apparently just want to deny an "insignificant" wall at all costs. Hell, they could get several times what Trump is asking for his wall for their own programs that most Republicans wouldn't even think of supporting outside of this shutdown, but once again, it's nill on negotiations based on nothing but personal distaste.

Trump suffered a major publicity failure by not standing up to Pelosi, as well as making the SOTU address either from the WH or some other location. Instead...he just walked away from Pelosi and said, "Ok, I talk later after shutdown over." Not a genius move, in my opinion. Some Trump supporters are saying this was some kind of a genius move, but I'm disagreeing with them on this one. It was a bad idea to just walk away from Pelosi, and Pelosi looks like the winner so far, regardless of how insane she comes across.

Personally, if I was Trump, I would have just shown up at the House, and said, "Nancy? Why aren't you letting me in? Why are you relying on walls and locks and security to keep me out? Hmmmm?"
And that’s all BS. Trump wouldn’t even offer true DACA which is something that was already in place.

It has has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with idiotic propositions. And it’s disingenuous to say the least when you are offering more, but Trump is not.
Old 01-24-19, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 01-24-19, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the wall won't keep your cabinet out you tweet happy moron
Old 01-24-19, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's how it works??
Old 01-24-19, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow. But this was the guy that related to the “common” man? WTF?

Old 01-24-19, 06:37 PM

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, it's easy. All you have to do is show the local mega-mart your Trump card.

Last edited by Rare Breed22; 01-24-19 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-24-19, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rare Breed22 View Post
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, it's easy. All you have to do is show the local mega-mart your Trump card.

just try the 5 finger discount
hell dolt 45 has been stealing his whole pathetic life
Old 01-24-19, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, what a fucking out of touch idiot.
Old 01-24-19, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

And that’s all BS. Trump wouldn’t even offer true DACA which is something that was already in place.

It has has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with idiotic propositions. And it’s disingenuous to say the least when you are offering more, but Trump is not.
Nothing to do with Trump...but everything to do with idiotic propositions. Ah ok, gotcha!
Old 01-24-19, 07:25 PM
Suspended

Wilbur Ross is the #1 moron on my list at the moment. Telling everyone who hasn't been paid in over a month to simply...borrow against it (get a loan!). Oh yeah, what a fucktard idea. As if people don't have enough debt racked up on average already. How about Ross personally gives no interest loans to these people. Oh wait, he just ran out the back door.
Old 01-24-19, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wilbur Ross is the #1 moron on my list at the moment. Telling everyone who hasn't been paid in over a month to simply...borrow against it (get a loan!). Oh yeah, what a fucktard idea. As if people don't have enough debt racked up on average already. How about Ross personally gives no interest loans to these people. Oh wait, he just ran out the back door.
And, to his point, some banks are indeed offering 0% or near 0% interest loans to furloughed Federal employees, but they are offering these loans only to existing customers with direct deposit. Many other banks are not. For example, even USAA is not offering these loans except for Coast Guard personnel. So the low cost loan option is simply not available for a huge swath of affected employees.
Old 01-24-19, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nothing to do with Trump...but everything to do with idiotic propositions. Ah ok, gotcha!
Yup. Laugh all u want. No one in their right mind would support a “wall” today. Technology has so far surpassed. Not to mention those highly sophisticated ladders and rope I posted before.

Go ahead and laugh and ignore reality. You do you.
Old 01-24-19, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If Trump proposes a stupid idea (a wall) can’t people both hate Trump AND say that’s a stupid idea?
Old 01-24-19, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 01-24-19, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post

If Trump proposes a stupid idea (a wall) can’t people both hate Trump AND say that’s a stupid idea?
Well sure, normal people would think that's fine, but others....
If ANY President would have proposed this wall, I would have thought it was a stupid idea. And yes, it might not be well known, but I also detest Trump.
Old 01-24-19, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This story has been a long time coming.

Officials rejected Jared Kushner for top secret clearance, but were overruled at NBCNews.com

Kushner's was one of at least 30 cases in which Kline overruled career security experts and approved a top secret clearance for incoming Trump officials despite unfavorable information, the two sources said. They said the number of rejections that were overruled was unprecedented — it had happened only once in the three years preceding Kline's arrival.
"What you are reporting is what all of us feared," said Brad Moss, a lawyer who represents persons seeking security clearances. "The normal line adjudicators looked at the FBI report…saw the foreign influence concerns, but were overruled by the quasi-political supervisor."

Last edited by Ghostbuster; 01-24-19 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-24-19, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I’m glad federal workers have the safety net of food banks and such, but I’m sure there are tons of other people already in need of the same things, and there’s only so much to go around. All just pawns in the stupid game.
Old 01-24-19, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What happened to our friend slop to get him suspended?
Old 01-24-19, 11:09 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
They are government guaranteed loans so the chances of denial are much, much lower. That being said, it isn't something they should have to be dealing with. The last people that should be having to hear how the situation "isn't a big deal" are the people impacted by this. This administration is so fucking tone-deaf and out of touch with everything but racism and misogyny. They are dialed in really good on that.
A big problem is the uncertainty of how long the shutdown will run and therefore how much of a loan you get. You don't borrow $1000 from a bank today and go back every week for another $1000, until the shutdown is over. These people with loan advice are mostly clueless.
Old 01-24-19, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

A prorated downpayment... to the downpayment? WTF?

A prorated downpayment would only work if you knew the grand total of what the wall would cost. There is no final grand total because they're full of shit. Wow. His dumbass supporters who are not getting paid and are currently going to go on their second week without a check should continue to stew in their own stupidity. Own your votes, dumb asses.
Old 01-25-19, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like a Roger Stone arrested. Hummm....that’s a lot of arrests and indictments for a Witch Hunt

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.