Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 01-21-19, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by Kmical View Post
Good faith? Trump???

Spirit of Good Faith. Kind of like the Ghost of Christmas Past.
Old 01-21-19, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No white male conservative politician should ever try to ride on Martin Luther King's shoulders to try to win political points. Ever.
Old 01-21-19, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Trump and Pence would give Used Car Salesmen a bad name.
Old 01-21-19, 04:45 PM

Old 01-21-19, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I swear if he were any stupider, he's have to be made of wood.
Old 01-21-19, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ooooh unchecked "strangers".

That's scary.
Old 01-21-19, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
One of my favorite Q&A pairs from Quora:

Would The Rock make a better president than Trump?

That depends. Some days I think “a rock” would make a better president than Trump.
Old 01-21-19, 04:57 PM

If Nancy Pelosi thinks that Walls are “immoral,” why isn’t she requesting that we take down all of the existing Walls between the U.S. and Mexico, even the new ones just built in San Diego at their very strong urging. Let millions of unchecked “strangers” just flow into the U.S.
Hmm, Trump has let dozens of unchecked "strangers" just flow into White House advisory positions.
Old 01-21-19, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's insulting to wood.

Old 01-21-19, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The hits keep coming:
White House tweets about Martin Luther King Jr. aren't going over well

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hou...205121784.html

EDIT - Someone that knows how to embed Twitter pics can do so - I'm not sure how to do that.
Old 01-21-19, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Ooooh unchecked "strangers".

That's scary.
A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.
Old 01-21-19, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ghostbuster View Post

the person who wrote that article is way overthinking this whole thing. The simplest explanation is usually the best. Everyone may be stating what they believe to be the truth. The buzzfeed reporters are passing along what their sources told them. Their sources could be incorrect. Or they could have info that mueller doesn't have (yet). Or maybe the dispute is really just over the details (e.g. Who provided info to whom, what type of documentary evidence exists, etc.).
i don't buy the impeachment talk causing mueller to make the statement excuse. Every time i heard a democrat mention impeachment it was preceded by "if this is true".
Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
this. I also sort of get the feeling about this. They want to nail trump's ass pretty bad and if an impeachment is called then the investigation is stopped in its tracks. I'd rather they let mueller's report play out altho folks are starting to get impatient now as trump and his shenanigans go on and nothing happening with mueller yet. I think there will be more stuff like this buzzfeed article coming out, altho if cohen makes it feb 7th's hearing without chickening out, we'll (hopefully) get even better stuff...
This isn't meant as a reply to any specific quote here, I just put them there for context.
This is a thread from Sara Danner Dukic on what she, and others, think is going on. Believe it or don't, but it would be worthwhile to mull it over.

Gather around. I want to tell you how we’re in the midst of yet another psychological warfare op (in my opinion).
First, though, some questions.

If you knew that you had to fight an epic battle - THE BATTLE - against a very strong, very large, very smart, very equipped enemy, what would you prefer?
Would you prefer to fight it on a date that you pick? At a place that you pick? Or would you rather sit with your back against the castle door, waiting for them to arrive, and hoping it isn’t when you’re asleep?
Would you prefer to draw your enemy into a space where you have the advantage? Where you can see what your enemy’s weapons are? Where you know the lay of the land? Or would you prefer to wait and be surprised?
Would you prefer to watch your enemy fight a little bit first? Would you like to know all their best, toughest moves, so that you can train your men to fight against it? Would you like to know what their weaknesses are?
Here is what I saw on Thursday evening and Friday morning: an explosive story gets released late at night at the very very end of news broadcasts. Not when people are alert and ready, but when newsrooms are winding down. Everyone starts scrambling.
The next morning, all anyone is talking about is that we need to start impeachment (THE BATTLE) right away, without thinking. Anyone who preaches patience is immediately trolled.
Who pushes back? Seasoned federal prosecutors do. Rep. Mikie Sherell, when asked about pressuring Mueller to release information says “no.”

Democrat explains why not just give Trump the $5BRep. Mikie Sherrill, D-NJ, discusses the current partial shutdown, what Democrats can offer the president to re-open the government, when Mueller should release his report and the frustration of part…http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/democrat-explains-why-not-just-give-trump-the-5b-1428225603871

This particular prosecutor is the Chairman the House Intel Committee. He’s been briefed with stuff we probably can’t even imagine. Is he drawing his sword and yelling “charge!”? No, he’s not.

When it comes to propaganda and disinformation, the Russians currently have the advantage. They’ve been doing this for decades. DECADES.
An unregulated, 24/7, all-you-can-eat, access-to-all-Americans mind-f*cking machine is their wet dream. It’s their ultimate weapon.

Psychological WarfareIt's not snake oil. It's gazillion dollar business.https://twitter.com/i/moments/985369920845287424

Bill Clinton survived impeachment on the basis subornation of perjury. I’m not making any kind of commentary on anything else surrounding that mess - it’s just a fact.
He survived it. And that is a weakness in trying to impeach Trump for the same thing. Do you think our enemy would leave a weakness unexploited?
What is happening right now is a Soviet technique called reflexive control. It’s when you lead your enemy, primarily via disinformation, into voluntarily doing exactly what *you* want them to do.

'Reflexive control': Putin’s hybrid warfare in Ukraine is straight out of the Soviet playbookSee how Putin is playing the West with old school soviet tricks.https://www.businessinsider.com/reflexive-control-putins-hybrid-warfare-in-ukraine-is-straight-out-of-the-soviet-playbook-2015-9

Now, I want to ask you something else. Who do you think it helps for the following to be published?: Mueller's been looking into the following transactions from the following banks in the following amounts on the following dates from the following people to the following people.
(tacit implication: if that’s you, you’d better destroy shit and go hide. Tell the others)
How about this? The intel community has known since at least 2015 what you’re up to, and here’s how they know it, and here’s a good chunk of what they know, and you can guess who told them because only certain people know those things.
(tacit implication: you’d better destroy evidence and make sure certain people have accidents)
Now, let’s get into the mechanics of what’s happening RIGHT NOW.

First, a reminder of how Google search results with can be messed with so that we don’t know what the hell is going on or what to believe - by voting district.

Next: if humans are outnumbered by bots on the internet, do you think *maybe* the bots can be deployed to visit certain sites millions and millions of times so that certain stories show up as the “top news” at the top? (YES.)

Most Web Traffic Comes From BotsNo matter how much we expand the digital corners of the Internet, it still feels like a very human place. There are people talking and arguing...https://slate.com/technology/2014/02/humans-make-up-only-40-percent-of-web-traffic-the-rest-is-from-bots.html

Okay, now: look at the search results from earlier this morning. Look at what appears at the very top. (and on the side, too)

Guess what? That f*cking site is running Yandex.

What’s Yandex, you ask? Yandex is the f*cking Kremlin.

Yandex passed information to FSBRussia's largest search engine, Yandex, confirms that it passed confidential data to the country's state security service, FSB.https://www.bbc.com/news/business-13274443
Now consider this: Buzzfeed has shared an analytics tag with multiple Russians sites during key points in time - during the election, for example. Or when Comey got fired and Russians were invited into the Oval.
It’s also shared an IP with multiple Russian sites. And has redirects from all kinds of highly questionable links.

Look yourself. Hit ctrl-F + enter “.ru” on the “relationship profile” tab, + you can see for yourself all their links to Russian sites.

BUZZFEED.COM Relationship Profile on BuiltWithbuzzfeed.com linked websites, technology relationships and history.https://builtwith.com/relationships/buzzfeed.com

What does that mean? It means that the same person or organization tracking analytics on these Russian sites could also track analytics on the Buzzfeed site. This is what can be tracked with Google Analytics:

How Does Google Analytics Work (A Complete Guide for Beginners)Want to know how does Google Analytics work? Google Analytics collects user information using a tracking code, processes, prepares comprehensive reports.https://www.monsterinsights.com/how-does-google-analytics-work-beginners-guide/
When and if you pair Google analytics with complete Facebook profiles, you can basically surveil people to the individual, granular level.

Russia's Yandex to get access to Facebook contentRussian internet group Yandex has signed an agreement with Facebook for access to content from some of the social networking site's users in a move to further improve its search results.https://www.reuters.com/article/us-yandex-facebook/russias-yandex-to-get-access-to-facebook-content-idUSBREA0D0IB20140114

And if you look up the Russian sites, you can see that they exist seemingly for no other reason than to surveil us via analytics gathering. Additionally, they share tags with just about every iteration of Buzzfeed possible.
BTW, do you know what a good source of information is? Justice.gov
When things are crazy, when Trump and his minions are paying attention to something and/or talking about it incessantly - take a moment, and think. Look to SCO, look to Rod Rosenstein, look to Adam Schiff, look to our intelligence people, past and present.
The longer Putin can keep us from looking away from all this, the better for him, and for Trump.
Old 01-21-19, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
An anonymous (afaik) person donated to have the park open today. And from reports, dumb and dumber were only there for all of 2 minutes before leaving right after the photo op.
You might want to grab some Kleenex before reading Trump’s truly inspirational words while at the memorial this morning:

"Good morning everybody. Great day, it's a beautiful day. Thank you everybody for being here. Appreciate it."

What a truly moving speech. Not a dry eye in the house, I’m sure.
Old 01-21-19, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone know what the heck Paul_SD is on? I want to try some.
Old 01-21-19, 05:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post

You might want to grab some Kleenex before reading Trump’s truly inspirational words while at the memorial this morning:

"Good morning everybody. Great day, it's a beautiful day. Thank you everybody for being here. Appreciate it."

What a truly moving speech. Not a dry eye in the house, I’m sure.
That seems like a BuzzFeed comment. In other words, taken out of context, edited for dramatic effect, etc.

Is that all he said? I'm curious if it was.
Old 01-21-19, 05:40 PM
Suspended

Anyone know what the heck Paul_SD is on? I want to try some.
He makes very good points that some of us are aware of but condensed it down for some of you who may want to think outside the box a little.
Old 01-21-19, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
This isn't meant as a reply to any specific quote here, I just put them there for context.
This is a thread from Sara Danner Dukic on what she, and others, think is going on. Believe it or don't, but it would be worthwhile to mull it over.

Wtf is all that? Isn't needtoimpeach Tom Steyer's site? Are they saying his site is tied to Russia? Sorry, I enjoy your posts, but that one seems like it should be in the other thread.
Old 01-21-19, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I put it here because BuzzFeed itself, and it's trustworthiness, has been a key part of the discussion of something that happened over the weekend.

If I have something that I feel is interesting/noteworthy but that isn't germane to a recent or current topic, I will put it in the other thread or start a new one (like the recent one on the origins of anti-Soros agitprop)
Old 01-21-19, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
That seems like a BuzzFeed comment. In other words, taken out of context, edited for dramatic effect, etc.

Is that all he said? I'm curious if it was.
He spent less than 2 minutes at the memorial. How much more could he say?

Or are you referring to his tweet, which was no doubt written by someone else?
Old 01-21-19, 06:20 PM

That is an insult to wood.

Edi: Damn, E Unit had the same idea.
Old 01-21-19, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
Wtf is all that? Isn't needtoimpeach Tom Steyer's site? Are they saying his site is tied to Russia? Sorry, I enjoy your posts, but that one seems like it should be in the other thread.
Not another, "the Russian influence on our country is so massive that every politician is on Russia's payroll but don't worry, patriots are on the job and will save us." type of post.
Old 01-21-19, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Not another, "the Russian influence on our country is so massive that every politician is on Russia's payroll but don't worry, patriots are on the job and will save us." type of post.
All I have to say is these “patriots” are doing a shit job. If they were John McClane they would have let Hans kill all the hostages and get away...and THEN they’d start trying to stop him.
Old 01-21-19, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
(shrugs) Sorry.

I'd thought becoming familiar with the idea of reflexive control (leading your enemy to do exactly what you want them to do) and understanding how enemies signal defensive information to each other when direct channels are under a microscope, would be concepts of value to inform discussions going forward.
My bad.

But hey, speaking of Russians and Russian influence on politicians

Old 01-21-19, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
This is a thread from Sara Danner Dukic
Who?
Old 01-21-19, 08:10 PM

More fear mongering

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.