Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 01-20-19, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Another view on the whole BuzzFeed story from Dirk Schwenk

BIG POINT: Mueller/BuzzFeed. SCO's office is monitoring news in real time. This is VERY BAD NEWS for BuzzFeed and Jason Leopold.

Leopold is ALREADY an unnamed person whose actions are highlighted in the FINCEN leaks case and a regular Russia Today guest.
Which means Mueller is already interested in whether Leopold either shared leaked info with Cohen/defense teams, or is taking $ for non journalist acts or as unreg foreign agent.
Wonder what Leopold thought when he read this same day SCO called him a liar.

Here's what I took away: Unregistered foreign agents spreading propanda NO LONGER GET A FREE PASS.
Leopold has a better cover story than Cassandra Fairbanks or J Assange, but I bet he suffers same fate.

Thoughtful take from @LouiseBagshawe

Reasons the false @BuzzfeedBen Ben Smith story is so damaging to Mueller's investigation:

1. It sets bar way too high. There are no notes from Trump saying "Hey Mikey, lie to Congress, signed, Donald "The President" Trump PS I know this is a crime but I'm doing it anyway"
2. Americans are disappointed when they find out no such notes exist. Real evidence is solid but it isn't that black and white, and you never need it that explicit to convict. Trump gets to shift the evidence Overton window to what Leopold and Cormier falsely describe
3. Since Leopold stated they BOTH saw non existent documents and Cormier refuses to address that on @ReliableSources - no follow up from @BrianStelter - it must undermine the rest of that team's reporting. Story does not say 'sources assert docs exist' it says 'they exist'
4. Undermines a free press, Trump gets his day to crow about fake news, and - this really sucks - in this case he's correct
5. Fifth and last, Ben Smith casting aspersions on the Special Counsel's office makes Americans think Mueller might be lying. Mueller literally states that he does not have the documents Buzzfeed falsely describes; Buzzfeed says "you do"; both cannot be telling the truth.
Old 01-20-19, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

5. Fifth and last, Ben Smith casting aspersions on the Special Counsel's office makes Americans think Mueller might be lying. Mueller literally states that he does not have the documents Buzzfeed falsely describes; Buzzfeed says "you do"; both cannot be telling the truth.
Sure they can. Mueller may not have wanted to reveal certain information yet and buzzfeed is fucking it up.
Old 01-20-19, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In other words, you think SCO/Mueller is lying.
Old 01-20-19, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea, I think it's time I put grundle on ignore. I get more insight from a rock.
Old 01-20-19, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
In other words, you think SCO/Mueller is lying.
The person who wrote that article is way overthinking this whole thing. The simplest explanation is usually the best. Everyone may be stating what they believe to be the truth. The BuzzFeed reporters are passing along what their sources told them. Their sources could be incorrect. Or they could have info that Mueller doesn't have (yet). Or maybe the dispute is really just over the details (e.g. who provided info to whom, what type of documentary evidence exists, etc.).
Old 01-20-19, 06:53 PM

Surprise, surprise. Numerous Trumplicans and conservative pundits are now coming to the defense of the students. Phillips himself told reporters that he approached the students, and he explained why. Sorry, the "he started it" excuse doesn't justify the blatant mockery.

Trumplicans watching white teens -- some wearing MAGA hats -- doing the tomahawk chop just feet away from an elderly Native American:

Last edited by Ghostbuster; 01-20-19 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-20-19, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Surprise, surprise. Numerous Trumplicans and conservative pundits are now coming to the defense of the students. Phillips himself told reporters that he approached the students, and he explained why. Sorry, the "he started it" excuse doesn't justify the blatant mockery.

Trumplicans watching white teens -- some wearing MAGA hats -- doing the tomahawk chop just feet away from an elderly Native American:

Well of course. To accept that these kids are racists means accepting that Trump attracts racist supporters. Theyíll never admit something like that (despite how obvious it is).
Old 01-20-19, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 01-20-19, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Sure they can. Mueller may not have wanted to reveal certain information yet and buzzfeed is fucking it up.
But if Mueller deines having documents he actually has then he IS lying.
Old 01-20-19, 07:45 PM

Does this mean that Trump has given up hope of winning 90% of the Black vote in 2020?

Old 01-20-19, 07:59 PM

Woodward and Bernstein got dinged for a report that was correct, except in the details. They claimed that the grand jury had been told something, but it hadn't been told. However, the event in question had indeed happened.

What's my point? Perhaps Trump did tell Cohen to lie to Congress about something. But maybe Cohen was told to lie about a different topic (not Trump Tower Moscow). Who knows.
Old 01-20-19, 08:01 PM

Does this mean that Trump has given up hope of winning 90% of the Black vote in 2020?

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...47996767227904
The GOP is openly racist now. Why pretend?
Old 01-20-19, 08:06 PM

This is what this assholes has spent all day doing. I've never seen someone give himself a blowjob like lil Donnie is doing today

A lot a retweets on this one

All I can say is fuck Trump and his lying cronies and propaganda machine, who have put party over country, and supported an openly racist president who has held federal workers hostage for almost a month. This guy and the GOP has set this country 60 years back and it keeps getting worse and worse. It's a whole divide and conquer bullshit, being cavalier with the livelihoods of hard working people. Fuck him.
Old 01-20-19, 08:12 PM

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...47996767227904
I apologize. Trump was even more delusional than I remembered.

Trump predicts he can win 95 percent of the black vote at Politico.com

Donald Trump promised Friday night that if elected president, he will win 95 percent of the African-American vote in his reelection bid.
Old 01-20-19, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can we at least spoiler the non Trump tweets? I mean there's millions of pro-Trump agenda tweets that could be posted but are not ... because well why? I really think we should stick to that
Old 01-20-19, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Sorraffy View Post
can we at least spoiler the non Trump tweets? I mean there's millions of pro-Trump agenda tweets that could be posted but are not ... because well why? I really think we should stick to that

Agree. I know he re-tweeted these and that's why they've been posted but it's enough to bear the crazy coming directly from him much less the sycophants trying maintain suction with him.
Old 01-20-19, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I might be reading too much into this, but seems to me that Whitaker might not be fully tuned in to what Mueller has, so when trump and the WH called him raging about the BuzzFeed report, knowing it's true and wanting to fire Mueller, Whitaker went to Rod and asked him if it's true. Rod in an effort to protect the investigation told Mueller to put out the denial, but word it carefully, so it's not a blanket denial of the story, but could be interpreted as just small details being wrong, so when it's proven true later, the statement can't be used against Mueller.
This. I also sort of get the feeling about this. They want to nail Trump's ass pretty bad and if an impeachment is called then the investigation is stopped in its tracks. I'd rather they let Mueller's report play out altho folks are starting to get impatient now as Trump and his shenanigans go on and nothing happening with Mueller yet. I think there will be more stuff like this Buzzfeed article coming out, altho if Cohen makes it Feb 7th's hearing without chickening out, we'll (hopefully) get even better stuff...
Old 01-20-19, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Regarding the non Trump tweets... well and even Trump. Did these people sleep through 8 years of McConnell blocking Obama at everything? What a delusional bunch.
Old 01-20-19, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 01-20-19, 11:14 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Congrats grundle, that's quite possibly the dumbest comparison I've ever seen. I mean seriously. Is that a troll post or do you honestly believe that nonsense?
I believe what I wrote.
Old 01-20-19, 11:19 PM
Political Exile

Through no one's fault, this MAGA hat thing is being discussed in three separate threads.

But most of those posts are in the race thread, as that is the best thread for it.

I've made several recent posts in that thread, and I'm done with that topic in this thread, as it is just too difficult and time consuming to have the same discussion in three different threads.

I am happy to continue discussing this with all of you in that other thread.
Old 01-21-19, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

​President Donald Trump rung in Day 30 of the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, as well as the two-year anniversary of his tenure in the Oval Office, with a mammoth 40 posts to his Twitter feed over the course of Sunday.​​​​​​
Old 01-21-19, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

#MAGA #ThwwhiteisbackintheWhiteHouse
Old 01-21-19, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

TSA folks calling in sick

I still canít believe itís allowed to give people to wdrk with no pay (yes I know they will eventually get paid).

Anyway, I booked a flight to Denver. But itís a Wednesday and super early (cheap fare). So I donít anticipate an issue.
Old 01-21-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh and Fuck the Rams. Damn Hollywood Leftists.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.