Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 01-18-19, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 01-18-19, 08:32 AM

Is it really "unreal"?
Old 01-18-19, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Isn't complaining about "prayer rugs" just being outright racist? Last I checked, American citizens can practice any religion they want. How do they know where the rugs came from?
Old 01-18-19, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Isn't complaining about "prayer rugs" just being outright racist? Last I checked, American citizens can practice any religion they want. How do they know where the rugs came from?
We are one nation under GOD! Sweet huwhite baby Jesus Christ! Not "ALLAH"!!!
Old 01-18-19, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
Schiff is being prudent by waiting to see the evidence before he proclaims the allegation to be true. If it is true, though, this is a big deal. Suborning perjury is serious shit.
This is not helping:

Old 01-18-19, 08:40 AM

Buzzfeed is shit.
Old 01-18-19, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Whaaaaaat! People are crossing the border to Pray! Send the military! Send the National Guurd. Hell, we better Nuk Mexico!
Old 01-18-19, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Yes it is. He is clearly stating people that use a rug to pray are terrorist. He is building on that fear, that yes we have freedom of religion. So long as its white Christian religion. Otherwise they are terrorist.
Old 01-18-19, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Buzzfeed is shit.
I'm waiting to hear Teen Vogue's take on this.
Old 01-18-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

Yes it is. He is clearly stating people that use a rug to pray are terrorist. He is building on that fear, that yes we have freedom of religion. So long as its white Christian religion. Otherwise they are terrorist.
He's right, though. I found a picture of one of the prayer rugs that ranchers have been finding:

Old 01-18-19, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Buzzfeed is shit.
You'll never believe the President's top 15 Obstructions of Justice!!!
Old 01-18-19, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
You'll never believe the President's top 15 Obstructions of Justice!!!
Old 01-18-19, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup, because if there is one person I trust to be able to differentiate between a Islamic prayer rug and a blanket, its a border rancher.
Old 01-18-19, 09:13 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
Exactly. Maybe we shouldn't rev up the parade floats from a Buzzfeed article.
I know Buzzfeed has a bad rep - for legitimate reasons. I get it. But the Buzzfeed News group, specifically, has done some pretty serious in-depth journalism rivaling that of the big guys. Folks (in general, I don't mean you) shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. This isn't like the op-ed crap seen in other outlets that get shared a lot. It's the same as some folks mocking Teen Vogue articles in many ways.

I try to focus on the writers and not necessarily what outlet they write for, although some outlets obviously cultivate a culture of disinformation and half-truths. I don't think BFN and TV are in that group.

edit: Some conservatives will never get over their decision to report on the dossier, for instance, despite who actually paid for it in the beginning and the trustworthiness of Steele himself. Not to say Buzzfeed News doesn't always get it right, but this is an apt point:

Last edited by Dan; 01-18-19 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-18-19, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 01-18-19, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I know Buzzfeed has a bad rep - for legitimate reasons. I get it. But the Buzzfeed News group, specifically, has done some pretty serious in-depth journalism rivaling that of the big guys. Folks (in general, I don't mean you) shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. This isn't like the op-ed crap seen in other outlets that get shared a lot. It's the same as some folks mocking Teen Vogue articles in many ways.

I try to focus on the writers and not necessarily what outlet they write for, although some outlets obviously cultivate a culture of disinformation and half-truths. I don't think BFN and TV are in that group.
And The Atlantic piece noted below says a lot:

Old 01-18-19, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dan View Post

One of the reporters was on MSNBC this morning. They've been working on this story for a year and put off releasing it for months until they had corroboration from rock solid sources in law enforcement. The story does not rely on Michael Cohen as the sole source. There are emails, witnesses, documents and texts to back it up. Not saying this means it's true, but these reporters are going to be looking for new work if it falls through.
Old 01-18-19, 09:28 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
One of the reporters was on MSNBC this morning. They've been working on this story for a year and put off releasing it for months until they had corroboration from rock solid sources in law enforcement. The story does not rely on Michael Cohen as the sole source. There are emails, documents and texts to back it up. Not saying this means it's true, but these reporters are going to be looking for new work if it falls through/
Yup, exactly. This isn't Milo whats-his-face from Breitbart making shit up and targeting minorities, for example.
Old 01-18-19, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You guys are forgetting that this didn't happen. Even if it did, it wasn't a crime in the context within which it was done. Even if it was a crime, you can't do anything about it because he's *President and you're not. Have any of you stopped and asked yourself if Hillary ever asked anyone to lie during the White Water investigation? By the way, a huge shout out to the folks at McDonald's who are helping keep America Great!
Old 01-18-19, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
I'm waiting to hear Teen Vogue's take on this.
It will be right after the Kylie Jenner's First "Birthday Adventure" for Stormi piece.
Old 01-18-19, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
One of the reporters was on MSNBC this morning. They've been working on this story for a year and put off releasing it for months until they had corroboration from rock solid sources in law enforcement. The story does not rely on Michael Cohen as the sole source. There are emails, witnesses, documents and texts to back it up. Not saying this means it's true, but these reporters are going to be looking for new work if it falls through.
It also sounds like on the Mueller side, they heard this from the other evidence and only went to Cohen to confirm. Which is a big difference from "Cohen is lying about this" that Trump and Co. are going with.
Old 01-18-19, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Buzzfeed is shit.
You've just revealed yourself to be an out of touch old man.
For a few years now, Buzzfeed has done some remarkable journalism. They have solid investigative journalism that people like you ignore and makes them no money. They do something that works like the old newspaper model: use a proven cash-generator to subsidize the prestigious investigative journalism. For newspapers it was classifieds, for Buzzfeed it's clickbait listicles. They hired a team of star reporters a few years ago, in fact, they have multiple Pulitzer winners on their staff. They did a long form article about the nature of work and mental health that stunned me. And oh yeah, they're the ones who ran with the Steele dossier, which has, so far, been truth.
Old 01-18-19, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Honestly, its time for the stupid orange nightmare to end. He needs to be impeached. As John McCain said, Trump has not risen to the mantle of the office. In fact, he has lowered himself to the excrement of the outhouse. He is a deplorable piece of shit, I honestly hate him as a person and a president, he is embarrassing our country, and this needs to end more than the revisions to the Original Star Wars trilogy.
Old 01-18-19, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Honestly, its time for the stupid orange nightmare to end. He needs to be impeached. As John McCain said, Trump has not risen to the mantle of the office. In fact, he has lowered himself to the excrement of the outhouse. He is a deplorable piece of shit, I honestly hate him as a person and a president, he is embarrassing our country, and this needs to end more than the revisions to the Original Star Wars trilogy.
Agreed. Too bad too many Senators will never impeach him.
Old 01-18-19, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Agreed. Too bad too many Senators will never impeach him.
I feel like the tide may be turning on that. The longer this goes on and the more business that are affected by this the more they may be willing to.

Honestly Pence can't be worse than this. I'd take fucking Pelosi as president at this point.

Damn you Hilary. You couldn't have stepped foot in WI, MI or PA?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.