Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 06-29-20, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
The scary thing about Trump supporters is that they support something until Trump tells them not to, then they turn on it. They hated Russo until they saw Trump in bed with Putin, then they “would rather be Russian than a Democrat.” They loved Alexander Vindman, the highly decorated soldier, then they called him a traitor as soon as he went against Trump. They loved General Mattis until he spoke out against Trump. Then he was an old delusional copy who just needed to retire...

When people say the Cult of Trump, that’s the kind of shit they’re referring to.
Leave the Russos out of this. All of them, including Joe, Anthony and Vince.
Old 06-29-20, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
The walls are closing in and more and more info like this will leak closer to election day.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/sta...487622662?s=20
I’m calling it. Based on shit coming out every hour, there’s no way he makes to Election Day.
Old 06-29-20, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I doubt he will, but the shitstain bailing before the election would sure make all the threats of violence when he lost less credible. Win-win!
Old 06-29-20, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

The scary thing about Trump supporters is that they support something until Trump tells them not to, then they turn on it. They hated Russo until they saw Trump in bed with Putin, then they “would rather be Russian than a Democrat.” They loved Alexander Vindman, the highly decorated soldier, then they called him a traitor as soon as he went against Trump. They loved General Mattis until he spoke out against Trump. Then he was an old delusional copy who just needed to retire...

When people say the Cult of Trump, that’s the kind of shit they’re referring to.
I agree. But there was a substantial amount of Russian fanboys on the right before Trump.

As soon as Obama and Putin started butting heads people like Guillani were gushing about the Russian president. In fact it was when Russia invaded and annexed Crimea.

And Putin was a big favorite among the white supremacist crowd during the Obama years.

Last edited by brayzie; 06-29-20 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-29-20, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

And especially Rene!
Old 06-29-20, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

damn typos! I really need to get better at proofreading before I post.
Old 06-29-20, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

There's so much Trump f-ups that this article gets lost in the shuffle. Ordinarily, an article of this magnitude would dominate the headlines.
Old 06-29-20, 10:26 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now they are saying Bolton briefed him in 2019 ! quiet night at the white house.
Old 06-29-20, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
Now they are saying Bolton briefed him in 2019 ! quiet night at the white house.
Trump was apparently briefed in person by Bolton and in writing MULTIPLE TIMES.

AP sources: White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019 at APNews.com

Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence.

The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019.

The White House did not respond to questions about Trump or other officials’ awareness of Russia’s provocations in 2019. The White House has said Trump was not — and still has not been — briefed on the intelligence assessments because they have not been fully verified. However, it is rare for intelligence to be confirmed without a shadow of a doubt before it is presented to top officials.
Old 06-29-20, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 481 Likes on 287 Posts

I don't think this story goes away quietly or quickly.
Old 06-29-20, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And yet, nothing will be done about it...just like everything else he's done.
Old 06-29-20, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I don't think this story goes away quietly or quickly.
Remember Benghazi? Republicans may now reap what they have sown. This story is infinitely worse.
Old 06-30-20, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Remember Benghazi? Republicans may now reap what they have sown. This story is infinitely worse.
Unfortunately, see the post immediately preceding yours.
Old 06-30-20, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey, let's make this even weirder...

And so they knew about it back in 2019? Kind of makes the GOP whining about the February "leaks" fall on deaf ears considering this information is a year-old and Numbnuts and Cardboard did nothing about it for a year!
In the last 12 months there have been 20 soldiers killed in Afghanistan. And trump knew about bounties and not only did nothing, he went out of his way to fawn over Putin and try to get him back in the G7. What kompromat does Putin have on him?
Old 06-30-20, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 124 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
I agree. But there was a substantial amount of Russian fanboys on the right before Trump.
This is absolutely true.

I remember, as far back as Obama's first term, that one of my cousins was fawning over Putin. He's sort of a conspiracy-minded nutjob, who was sending me lists of all of the people the Clintons murdered back before his nutjobbery moved over the facebook.

He started posting all of these links to stories on "RT." At the time, I didn't know what Russia Today was, and thought it was the Radio Times or something. I had always thought Radio Times was a British entertainment magazine, so I thought it was strange that they had all of these conspiracy theory-type headlines, but the UK media is kind of screwy. It as only later that I learned it was Russian propaganda he was spreading. Which is strange because he fancies himself as some kind of troop-supporting super patriot.

It was then I started picking up on a lot Russia Today and Putin-fawning coming from a certain breed of conservative, namely the "sheeple-wakers" and the "birthers."

They actually see Putin as some kind of savior of western civilization, successfully fighting back against Muslims, homosexuals, feminists, and racial minorities.

It will be interesting to see how this scandal du jour plays out. I actually don't think it will do much to chip away trump's hardcore base. They're firmly on his (and Russia's) side, and will most likely support them over the actual troops. And we all know that all of that "support the troops" and "stand for the anthem" stuff is just a bunch of virtue signaling, anyway.

Old 06-30-20, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Hey, let's make this even weirder...

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status...89970237992961

And so they knew about it back in 2019? Kind of makes the GOP whining about the February "leaks" fall on deaf ears considering this information is a year-old and Numbnuts and Cardboard did nothing about it for a year!
In the last 12 months there have been 20 soldiers killed in Afghanistan. And trump knew about bounties and not only did nothing, he went out of his way to fawn over Putin and try to get him back in the G7. What kompromat does Putin have on him?

Hint: it rhymes with "bee cape"
Old 06-30-20, 05:49 AM

It's true. There's always a tweet.

Old 06-30-20, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Kind of makes the GOP whining about the February "leaks" fall on deaf ears ...
Here's an important point from one of the House Democrats' impeachment lawyers.

Old 06-30-20, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Here’s the batshit crazy that’s about to happen.

Old 06-30-20, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

This is a sad day for America. Actually every day has been sad for awhile but this is just even more depressing. It blows my mind that all these "patriots" are going to support the Orange Idiot while he is busy letting American troops get killed while praising the man behind it.

It seriously makes me sick to my stomach. And I am not a "support America/troops/flag/cops at any cost" kinda person. But I felt sick to my stomach when I first heard this story and seriously hoped it wasn't true. The confirmations are just making me ill.

And how mind blowing would it be if Trump and family just flew the coop and ended up in Russia? What the fuck would his government sycophants say then? What would his god-fearing, flag waving, troop loving patriots now say?

I hope the Republicans never recover from this. They had their chance to take the easy way out and vote for impeachment and remove the treasonous fucker. But they were too afraid of him and possibly losing power for the good of the country. Now innocents on all sides are dying en masse every day due to this bastard. Fuck ALL of them.
Old 06-30-20, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
This is absolutely true.

I remember, as far back as Obama's first term, that one of my cousins was fawning over Putin. He's sort of a conspiracy-minded nutjob, who was sending me lists of all of the people the Clintons murdered back before his nutjobbery moved over the facebook.

He started posting all of these links to stories on "RT." At the time, I didn't know what Russia Today was, and thought it was the Radio Times or something. I had always thought Radio Times was a British entertainment magazine, so I thought it was strange that they had all of these conspiracy theory-type headlines, but the UK media is kind of screwy. It as only later that I learned it was Russian propaganda he was spreading. Which is strange because he fancies himself as some kind of troop-supporting super patriot.

It was then I started picking up on a lot Russia Today and Putin-fawning coming from a certain breed of conservative, namely the "sheeple-wakers" and the "birthers."

They actually see Putin as some kind of savior of western civilization, successfully fighting back against Muslims, homosexuals, feminists, and racial minorities.

It will be interesting to see how this scandal du jour plays out. I actually don't think it will do much to chip away trump's hardcore base. They're firmly on his (and Russia's) side, and will most likely support them over the actual troops. And we all know that all of that "support the troops" and "stand for the anthem" stuff is just a bunch of virtue signaling, anyway.
I saw the pro-Russian conservative trend in Breitbart around the time Trump declared. It baffled me because I grew up with conservatives being rabidly anti-Russian. I mean, my dad told me in the 1970s that Joe McCarthy had done a lot of good work. I decided later that what I saw in Breitbart must have been an expresssion of Russian psyops. They were a big proponent of the Jade Helm conspiracy theories a couple of years before, which had been a Russian propaganda operation.

I now believe that a lot of the pro-Russian tone is because Russia was a white, Christian government. It makes sense if you accept that American Christian conservatives are an ethno-religious group who have no real goals except keeping themselves in power.

I also noticed a monarchist tone from some people in Breitbart at the same time. That surely was not something I expected to see in an American conservatives.
Old 06-30-20, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

damn typos! I really need to get better at proofreading before I post.
to be fair I thought you were using it in the right context:

Old 06-30-20, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
This is a sad day for America. Actually every day has been sad for awhile but this is just even more depressing. It blows my mind that all these "patriots" are going to support the Orange Idiot while he is busy letting American troops get killed while praising the man behind it.

It seriously makes me sick to my stomach. And I am not a "support America/troops/flag/cops at any cost" kinda person. But I felt sick to my stomach when I first heard this story and seriously hoped it wasn't true. The confirmations are just making me ill.

And how mind blowing would it be if Trump and family just flew the coop and ended up in Russia? What the fuck would his government sycophants say then? What would his god-fearing, flag waving, troop loving patriots now say?

I hope the Republicans never recover from this. They had their chance to take the easy way out and vote for impeachment and remove the treasonous fucker. But they were too afraid of him and possibly losing power for the good of the country. Now innocents on all sides are dying en masse every day due to this bastard. Fuck ALL of them.
They would probably still say "I'd rather be Russian than a Democrat"
Old 06-30-20, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Here’s the batshit crazy that’s about to happen.

https://twitter.com/sandibachom/stat...270011393?s=21
No. People are going to be sorely disappointed, once again, when this "bombshell" is nothing more than a cartoon bomb that pops up a flag with "boom!" on it.
Old 06-30-20, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 175 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
This is absolutely true.

What in the world? There's Putin worship going on (outside of the WH)?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.