Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 01-15-19, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Who the fuck uses tongs for pizza anyway?
Old 01-15-19, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Who the fuck uses tongs for pizza anyway?
Russians
Old 01-15-19, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chrisedge View Post
I hate Trump, but agree this is really a Nothingburger. Sounds like the team enjoyed it, and while one might argue it's a bit embarrassing, it's not a big deal in the long run. #distraction
Nothingberder
Old 01-15-19, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This was just a smart play to his base. Trump knew people would give him shit about it but he also knew his base would love him for it. Plus...if his base feels like he is being persecuted for the very food they love and eat every day, they get even more riled up.
Old 01-15-19, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
This was just a smart play to his base. Trump knew people would give him shit about it but he also knew his base would love him for it. Plus...if his base feels like he is being persecuted for the very food they love and eat every day, they get even more riled up.
I honestly can't believe that there was any thought behind it. He's just a cheap fuck and doesn't have any respect for other people.
Old 01-15-19, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
Nobody's worried about it,t.
There are 31 posts in this thread about the topic!
Old 01-15-19, 10:28 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But... But... He paid for it.
Old 01-15-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by coli View Post
There are 31 posts in this thread about the topic!
Does that indicate "worry"? It's amusing and sad. You're overstating everyone's level of concern to make it seem as though everyone here is crazy, when it's essentially a few people mocking the president for being classless and cheap. Nobody's going to lose sleep over this.
Old 01-15-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Nah, even these kids know this is unbefitting of the White House...
Just like the current president.

Overall, this really isn't a big deal - it's just another embarrassing little thing for Trump... but is it really a surprise?
The meal pretty much matches the personality and dignity of this president.
Old 01-15-19, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Naw, Trump's not that smart. I'm sure he thought it would be a great idea because a giant pile of cold fast food is what he wants to eat so why wouldn't anyone!

Just another example of Trump being unable to look at anything from someone else's perspective.
Old 01-15-19, 10:38 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Yes....yes I am. There's an expectation when people visit the WH for a dinner. The fact that this turd felt PROUD of himself for buying people fast food in the WH is sad. And, as I mentioned, no way he does this if the group of people weren't young and mostly people of various color.

How the hell can you look at those pictures and not be ashamed to be American right now?

Meh. This doesn't really bother me. I try to imagine my reaction if Obama had done it. If he invited a group of young athletes to the WH and served them burgers and fries, I'd be fine with it, so I'm fine with this.

However, if Obama had met with Putin privately on multiple occasions without aides, took the interpreter's notes, if he was continuously publicly criticizing our allies and privately wondering whether we should withdraw from NATO, if he fired the FBI director who was investigating the Obama campaign's ties to Russia, if he then met in the oval office with Russian intelligence and Russian press with no American press present and told them now the pressure was off because of that firing, and if he was acting as if he had Russia's best interests at heart, I'd be calling for his impeachment.
Old 01-15-19, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love people who come in here criticizing us for joking about Trump, but can't come up with a topic that actually tells us why he's worthy of being President.
Old 01-15-19, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice! A loss for trump is a win for America!

Old 01-15-19, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
I love people who come in here criticizing us for joking about Trump, but can't come up with a topic that actually tells us why he's worthy of being President.
Because you shit on anything positive brought about Trump, so why bother? I don't hear anyone talking about the better then expected jobs report that came out last week? https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...00/2477547002/

All you will say is Trump has nothing do with it, and we will probably go into a recession somewhere down the road. Just like many predicted the Economy and the Stock Market would tank if he were elected (Paul Krugman atleast admitted he was wrong). If something good happens, then Trump is lucky or had nothing to do with it. If something bad happens, he is a piece of shit that needs to be impeached.
Old 01-15-19, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Barr hearing going on now, and he's playing it safe so far...

Let's not forget, Barr is close, personal friends with Mueller. Pretty sure he trusts him more than trump.
Old 01-15-19, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Because you shit on anything positive brought about Trump, so why bother? I don't hear anyone talking about the better then expected jobs report that came out last week? https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...00/2477547002/

All you will say is Trump has nothing do with it, and we will probably go into a recession somewhere down the road. Just like many predicted the Economy and the Stock Market would tank if he were elected (Paul Krugman atleast admitted he was wrong). If something good happens, then Trump is lucky or had nothing to do with it. If something bad happens, he is a piece of shit that needs to be impeached.
Can you please point out actual trump policy and it's implementation that has led to the improved jobs report?

Old 01-15-19, 10:54 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Trump has done some good things. I like that he reclassified bump stocks to make them illegal, and that he recently signed the prison reform act. I am not smart enough to know the cause and effect on economic policy, but I'll give Trump credit for good jobs numbers and the stock market (as long as he will accept the blame when things go wrong). However, he is inept and dangerous to our democracy, IMHO, and the bad FAR outweighs the good for this administration.
Old 01-15-19, 10:56 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Can you please point out actual trump policy and it's implementation that has led to the improved jobs report?
The tax cuts that blew up the deficit by nearly a trillion dollars. That was all Trump.
Old 01-15-19, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
My point is that if there are legitimate criticisms of Trump, we should be making them, and not focusing on this nothingberder.
Old 01-15-19, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
My point is that if there are legitimate criticisms of Trump, we should be making them, and not focusing on this nothingberder.
Disagree with you here. You probably thought I wouldn't.

This PR stunt at the WH was not a brilliant idea, considering Border Patrol officers and TSA employees are running out of money. I'm already hearing stories from coworkers who know a few that work for those agencies. For Trump to brag about buying food for some sports folk, is just a tad embarrassing when you're in the middle of a government shutdown and have people who actually work for a living...going without food for their families.

As time goes on, the Need Of Shutdown Responsibility is pointing towards Trump as being more responsible for it, day by day. He needs to come up with a plan, not a fast-food lunch.
Old 01-15-19, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Man, calling the president mentally deficient, and nobody even bats an eye...

Old 01-15-19, 11:03 AM

We are now in Bizarro DVDTalk, please keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times.
Old 01-15-19, 11:04 AM

I hate to jump in on this "nothingberder" (ha ha), but Trump could have easily had "college kid food" and still kept it classy. Why not a make-your-own-taco-bar? Bunch of trays of decent carne asada, carnitas, and pollo, heated up by sternos, fresh guac and toppings and tortillas. Like everyone else has said, McD's food just does not keep.
Old 01-15-19, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The best taco bowls in the world come from Trump Tower. Not sure Mexican cuisine would have been the right play, though...
Old 01-15-19, 11:07 AM
Suspended

If he served Mexican Food, the racism would be headline news. Stormy Daniels tits and Mueller's cock withstanding.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.