Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

The Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

Old 06-12-20, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 3

If I went to a Trump rally and got Covid-19 afterward, I would definitely be upset at the nearest 5G tower.
Old 06-12-20, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

So who's going to be the asshole who knows they have it and shows up to the rally to spread it around? Maybe if they cough hard enough, they'll be in spit range of Trump?
Old 06-12-20, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-12-20, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
So who's going to be the asshole who knows they have it and shows up to the rally to spread it around? Maybe if they cough hard enough, they'll be in spit range of Trump?
If my MAGA friends attend the Phoenix rally, I'll be self-isolating from them for at least 2 weeks afterward. I'll be curious to see if they wear masks at the rally... since they refuse to wear masks locally.
Old 06-12-20, 09:40 AM
Admin

Received 150 Likes on 93 Posts

You guys are so overreacting to this. Only 1-2% of them are going to die from this. What was the margin of victory in the 2016 election?

Old 06-12-20, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 297 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
If my MAGA friends attend the Phoenix rally, I'll be self-isolating from them for at least 2 weeks afterward. I'll be curious to see if they wear masks at the rally... since they refuse to wear masks locally.
Weren't you the one that said that masks were highly discouraged and you didn't even think they'd let anyone in if they wore a mask?

Also I hate to ask but are people in Arizona really not terrified right now? My neighbor went up for the three day weekend, said nobody was wearing masks and people were all over the place, and the ICUs are like 90% right now (I am keeping social distance from my neighbor).

I have no idea how wearing a mask became a sign of weakness but here we are.
Old 06-12-20, 09:43 AM
Suspended

Received 113 Likes on 85 Posts

Reading is hard, so keep it short

Old 06-12-20, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

What a piece of shit!

Gee, it’s almost like the House could’ve expanded their inquiry to include other countries if someone freaking told them about them in the first place.
Fuck you Bolton, you neoconservative half walrus motherfucker!
Old 06-12-20, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 297 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
What a piece of shit!

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...45300398436353

Gee, its almost like the House couldve expanded their inquiry to include other countries if someone freaking told them about them in the first place.
Fuck you Bolton, you neoconservative half walrus motherfucker!
What an odd story.

But does anyone really think the Senate would have done anything even with more evidence and other countries involved?
Old 06-12-20, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
I prefer a new and updated Platform, short form, if possible.

No more than one page, with bullet points, pictures, and numerous mentions of my name.
Old 06-12-20, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

I always figured she never supported him actually running for and being president and never wanted to be First Lady, and this just clinches it - pretty sure she's divorcing his ass the second he's out of the White House.

She was probably all "you don't want a new elected president going through a divorce, do you? So I'll stick with you through this bullshit if you give me something for it."
Old 06-12-20, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

Asshole or national hero, it's a thin line.
Old 06-12-20, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
But does anyone really think the Senate would have done anything even with more evidence and other countries involved?
Nope. Because they're all just as bad as Trump. Compliant and complicit. They're just as bad as Trump. And their voters and supporters are a direct reflection the politicians they vote for.

The more this goes on, the less I believe any of these people can be separated from Trump. They seem to fit into three categories - fully supportive ("I'm a 4chan troll just like Trump"), contrarian ("Trump is a terrible person, but I'll vote for him when it's time"), and quietly supportive ("for the greater good of the GOP").
Old 06-12-20, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I always figured she never supported him actually running for and being president and never wanted to be First Lady, and this just clinches it - pretty sure she's divorcing his ass the second he's out of the White House.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...54771132510209

She was probably all "you don't want a new elected president going through a divorce, do you? So I'll stick with you through this bullshit if you give me something for it."
Have a feeling Melania's going to be about as loyal as Derek Chauvin's beauty queen wife. As soon as the shit comes down, she'll be filing for the big D.

Old 06-12-20, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
Nope. Because they're all just as bad as Trump. Compliant and complicit. They're just as bad as Trump. And their voters and supporters are a direct reflection the politicians they vote for.

The more this goes on, the less I believe any of these people can be separated from Trump. They seem to fit into three categories - fully supportive ("I'm a 4chan troll just like Trump"), contrarian ("Trump is a terrible person, but I'll vote for him when it's time"), and quietly supportive ("for the greater good of the GOP").
Agreed.

Watch the sprint (from some) to distance themselves from Trump as soon as he's out of office.

"I have been strongly opposed to many of Donald Trump's policies, statements, and actions"

"Why didn't you say something while he was in office?"

"I'm sorry, I'm late for a meeting ..."
Old 06-12-20, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 189 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Have a feeling Melania's going to be about as loyal as Derek Chauvin's beauty queen wife. As soon as the shit comes down, she'll be filing for the big D.

Already did!

DVD Talk Legend

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

She already filed for divorce.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rnd/index.html
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kmical View Post
Agreed.

Watch the sprint (from some) to distance themselves from Trump as soon as he's out of office.

"I have been strongly opposed to many of Donald Trump's policies, statements, and actions"

"Why didn't you say something while he was in office?"

"I'm sorry, I'm late for a meeting ..."
No the answer to that question will be

"I don't feel it's appropriate to undermine a sitting president"

Before laying into whatever President Biden did that day.
Old 06-12-20, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post

I know I was saying Melania will do the same when Trump hits the skids.
Old 06-12-20, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

Yep, more then likely. Then she’ll have to take every STD test to see what luggage she’ll be taking with her.
Old 06-12-20, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 436 Posts

Yep, more then likely. Then shell have to take every STD test to see what luggage shell be taking with her.
Good news : Tertiary syphilis is NOT contagious!
Old 06-12-20, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, more then likely. Then she’ll have to take every STD test to see what luggage she’ll be taking with her.
Probably go back to Slovenia and become a huge TV star. Good Riddance.

The MAGA crowd will suddenly hate her guts because without Trump she's just another gold digging foreigner.

Last edited by cungar; 06-12-20 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-12-20, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts

No the answer to that question will be

"I don't feel it's appropriate to undermine a sitting president"

Before laying into whatever President Biden did that day.
I have the feeling that will be frighteningly prescient
Old 06-12-20, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 165 Posts

Im curious to see the physical arrangement for the rally. As much as they are discouraging masks, I have no doubt Trump wont be anywhere near the crowd. I figure the stage will be set up on a way where Trump is effectively distanced from everyone else. He wont want it to be obvious otherwise hed look like the Pope driving through Rome.

Id be surprised if he has anyone appear on stage with him but if he does, they will have been carefully selected, will have to take a COVID test backstage beforehand, and will be forced to sign a NDA about the whole thing.
Old 06-12-20, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Weren't you the one that said that masks were highly discouraged and you didn't even think they'd let anyone in if they wore a mask?
Yes. But I also know that it is one thing to act with bravado in a community that has minimal infection and another thing to do it from a hotspot. That is why I'd be curious to see what happens at these rallies regarding mask usage.

Also I hate to ask but are people in Arizona really not terrified right now? My neighbor went up for the three day weekend, said nobody was wearing masks and people were all over the place, and the ICUs are like 90% right now (I am keeping social distance from my neighbor). I have no idea how wearing a mask became a sign of weakness but here we are.
It's a mixed bag here in AZ. Generally, those who have education beyond high school are taking this seriously, wearing masks, and avoiding unnecessary contact with others.

It also depends upon what part of the state one is talking about. Maricopa is a hotspot. Yuma is too. Yavapai country really hasn't had many cases yet. The MAGA parts of the state are not concerned at all. Trixie and I live in MAGA-central.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.