Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

George H W Bush has died

Old 11-30-18, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

George H W Bush has died

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-pre...cation-brknews
Old 11-30-18, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: George H W Bush has died

This should probably be moved to the political forum.
Old 12-01-18, 12:04 AM
Banned by request

Another warmongering imperialist racist murderer who will be praised to high heaven by sycophants. Good riddance, the only shame is he died of old age and not brought to justice as the war criminal he was.

Last edited by Supermallet; 12-01-18 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-01-18, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Only 7 months after his wife died.

4 living Presidents left... and Carter's pushing it at 94.
Never realized that Trump, Bush Jr. and Clinton were born the same year.

Canada has 8 living PM's left - must be the universal healthcare.
Old 12-01-18, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Only 7 months after his wife died.

4 living Presidents left... and Carter's pushing it at 94.
Never realized that Trump, Bush Jr. and Clinton were born the same year.

Canada has 8 living PM's left - must be the universal healthcare.
Yeah, I don't really count Donald Trump as a real president either.
Old 12-01-18, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Rip
Old 12-01-18, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Rest in peace, Mr President.
Old 12-01-18, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

RIP. I'm glad he went out with obama, bush jr, carter, and clinton to raise money for hurricane relief.
Old 12-01-18, 06:41 AM

Great news! One less garbage human being on the planet.
Old 12-01-18, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't like him when he was president and I liked what that radical Newt Gingrich was doing. In hindsight, Gingrich was scum and Bush was the last Republican president whom I respected.
Old 12-01-18, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
Another warmongering imperialist racist murderer who will be praised to high heaven by sycophants. Good riddance, the only shame is he died of old age and not brought to justice as the war criminal he was.
Wow, that is a lot of generalizations.

He was an imperialist? The whole Communist block fell under his watch as East Germany and USSR were gone by 1991. Of course he doesn't get all of the credit, as it was a 40 years of our Presidents being tough on Communism since the Cold War started.

He was a Warmonger? Iraq invaded Kuwait, and they were a key Middle East Ally in there and he drove Hussein's troops out in 1 month with minimal deaths from previous Wars (Many Senators like Ted Kennedy predicted another Vietnam). He did not go into Iraq like his son did, because he knew that it would open up a can of worms establishing a new government.

Racist? He appointed Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court, or he is not black enough for your liking cause he's a Conservative?

I still don't understand your War Criminal comment? Are you thinking about his son? George Bush Sr was a War Hero who fought in WW2, so maybe you missed that part on his biography.
Old 12-01-18, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by coli View Post
Wow, that is a lot of generalizations.

He was an imperialist? The whole Communist block fell under his watch as East Germany and USSR were gone by 1991. Of course he doesn't get all of the credit, as it was a 40 years of our Presidents being tough on Communism since the Cold War started.

He was a Warmonger? Iraq invaded Kuwait, and they were a key Middle East Ally in there and he drove Hussein's troops out in 1 month with minimal deaths from previous Wars (Many Senators like Ted Kennedy predicted another Vietnam). He did not go into Iraq like his son did, because he knew that it would open up a can of worms establishing a new government.

Racist? He appointed Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court, or he is not black enough for your liking cause he's a Conservative?

I still don't understand your War Criminal comment? Are you thinking about his son? George Bush Sr was a War Hero who fought in WW2, so maybe you missed that part on his biography.
The passing of time has a way of softening one's view of the back-then current events.

Yes, Bush Sr was a warmonger... using war for the benefit of himself and his cronies. Just as with the 2nd Iraq war, a president Bush used lies to convince a country to engage in war.

There were quite a few significant lies that the administration used to justify the war... one was a supposed eyewitness testifying how Iraqi soldiers were taking Kuwaiti babies out of incubators and throwing them on the floor to die. That later was revealed to be a lie.

I won't go further because if you are genuinely interested in the truth about Bush 41, I'm sure you can use the google machine to get that information.
Old 12-01-18, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Youíre the perfect example of the loving and tolerant left.😂 Iím sorry that life has treated you so poorly that you actively wish death upon people.
Old 12-01-18, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 12-01-18, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
Ah, so another person displaying assholeish behavior in the thread wishing death upon someone.

Edited my original post since it was directly calling you an asshole, which isnít right. Not sure if youíre an asshole in real life, but your thumbs upping Superís disgusting post is pretty bad.

Last edited by Obey The D; 12-01-18 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-01-18, 07:44 AM

His sperm is partly responsible in creating the biggest mass murderer in modern times. RIP.
Old 12-01-18, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
Ah, so another asshole in the thread wishing death upon someone.
Are we allowed to call them trolls though?
Old 12-01-18, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
Are we allowed to call them trolls though?
Better not, or else theyíll get suspended. 😉
Old 12-01-18, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It almost makes sense to create 2 threads in times like this. One for folks to pay respects to the departed. The other for folks to spew out whatever hateful thoughts they have about the one who has passed.

It's impossible to agree with every decision President Bush made, but I certainly respect his career and lifelong public service.
Old 12-01-18, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
It almost makes sense to create 2 threads in times like this. One for folks to pay respects to the departed. The other for folks to spew out whatever hateful thoughts they have about the one who has passed.

It's impossible to agree with every decision President Bush made, but I certainly respect his career and lifelong public service.
I was going to suggest the same thing.
Old 12-01-18, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post

I see what you're saying, but then every political thread should be segregated into Pro-Trump and Anti-Trump, Pro-Supreme Court Picks and Anti-Supreme Court Picks, etc. I just think there should be some level of respect and just throwing around a bunch of hyperbolic words like Racist, Imperialist, Warmonger is looking for a fight in here with many who take exception to it. And I mean that in an uncivil way, as I don't think people want these forums to descend into that.

Originally Posted by sracer View Post

I won't go further because if you are genuinely interested in the truth about Bush 41, I'm sure you can use the google machine to get that information.
First off, I voted for Perot in 1992 (it was the first time I was eligible to vote), so I am not some Bush defender here. But there were ALOT of sweeping generalizations thrown around in that venemous post and I'll defend ANY President of this country in that respect.

I don't care if they are Democrat or Republican (I've voted for both), but some of these comments are just crazy extreme views as Bush 41 wasn't some Warmonger/Racist/Imperialist. In fact, his coalition for the 1st Gulf War included half of the world (unlike his son who essentially got Great Britain on board as his coalition). Bush 41 got a resolution from the United Nations to drive Hussein out of Kuwait and that is EXACTLY what he did, as an Imperialist would have gone into Iraq and taken Hussein out (We can debate his son in another thread as that was a different War).

I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with President Bush or any President about his legacy, but that post by Supermallet was just a bunch of adjective that he seemed to get off his chest that seemed pretty extreme.
Old 12-01-18, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He sure was funny whenever he popped up on SNL.
Old 12-01-18, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't have a problem with Bush declaring war on Iraq after Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Bush invaded Panama on the pretext that a Panamanian soldier had insulted a female US citizen. We captured the chief of state of Panama, tried him in US courts, and sentenced him to a US prison. That's peak imperialism.

It can be justified by the facts that the Panama Canal is critical to US interests, that the US had made Noriega the boss and regretted the action, and that Panama hasn't had a gangster for a president since then.
Old 12-01-18, 08:54 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Obey The D View Post
You’re the perfect example of the loving and tolerant left.�� I’m sorry that life has treated you so poorly that you actively wish death upon people.
If being part of the “tolerant left” means sucking the dick of billionaire racist war criminals, then I’m happy to be part of the intolerant left.

Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
I don't have a problem with Bush declaring war on Iraq after Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Bush invaded Panama on the pretext that a Panamanian soldier had insulted a female US citizen. We captured the chief of state of Panama, tried him in US courts, and sentenced him to a US prison. That's peak imperialism.

It can be justified by the facts that the Panama Canal is critical to US interests, that the US had made Noriega the boss and regretted the action, and that Panama hasn't had a gangster for a president since then.
Here’s a documentary on the actions the US took in Panama:

Spoiler: It wasn’t justified.

And even if you feel the Gulf War was justified, the US committed war crimes in the fighting of it, such as the “Highway of Death” where the US bombed a highway of retreating army vehicles and refugees for 10 hours, causing the deaths of at least 1,000 people.

The US shot down an Iraqi commercial airliner and Bush refused to even apologize for killing a plane full of civilians. He allowed the wildly racist Willie Horton ad to help him win his election. He was deeply involved in Iran Contra. He reduced funding for AIDS research as the AIDS epidemic was peaking. He was not an “honorable man” just because he was president.

Last edited by Supermallet; 12-01-18 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-01-18, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Add me to the “intolerant left” - dude was part of a dynasty of war criminals. But then he started wearing funny socks and everybody starts trying to lionize him just because he’s slightly less horrible than the current dumpster fire in chief.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.