Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

The Anatomy Of Hillary Clinton's $84 Million Money-Laundering Scheme

Old 04-20-18, 08:52 AM
Political Exile

It's time to see if Democratic politicians are serious about their alleged support for campaign finance laws.

We always hear Democratic politicians talking about how they want to pass new campaign finance laws.

So I'm curious to see if these same Democratic politicians will want to enforce the campaign finance laws that are already on the books.

Hillary Clinton committed $84 million in campaign finance law violations. So far, not a angle Democratic politician has called for her to be prosecuted.

By comparison, the Obama administration sent Dinesh D'Souza (who had previously made an anti-Obama film) to prison for a $20,000 campaign finance law violation. D'Souza did indeed break the law, and the law did indeed call for such a prison term. He was not innocent. He really was guilty.

Clinton's campaign finance law violation is far bigger than D'Souza's. In fact, it's the biggest campaign finance law violation of all time.

Will Democratic politicians call for Clinton to be prosecuted? Or is their claimed support for campaign finance laws just an act of virtue signaling?

https://www.investors.com/politics/c...dering-scheme/

Spoiler:

December 26, 2018

In 2014, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of my client, Alabama engineer Shaun McCutcheon, in his challenge to the Federal Election Commission's (FEC) outdated "aggregate limits," which effectively limited how many candidates any one donor could support.

Anti-speech liberals railed against McCutcheon's win, arguing it would create supersized "Joint Fundraising Committees" (JFCs). In court, they claimed these JFCs would allow a single donor to cut a multimillion-dollar check, and the JFC would then route funds through dozens of participating state parties, who would then funnel it back to the final recipient.

Democracy 21 President Fred Wertheimer claimed the Supreme Court's McCutcheon v. FEC ruling would lead to "the system of legalized bribery recreated that existed prior to Watergate." The Supreme Court, in ruling for us, flatly stated such a scheme would still be illegal.

The Democrats' response? Hold my beer.

The Committee to Defend the President has filed an FEC complaint against Hillary Clinton's campaign, Democratic National Committee (DNC), Democratic state parties and Democratic mega-donors.

As Fox News reported, we documented the Democratic establishment "us[ing] state chapters as straw men to circumvent campaign donation limits and launder(ing) the money back to her campaign." The 101-page complaint focused on the Hillary Victory Fund (HVF) — the $500 million joint fundraising committee between the Clinton campaign, DNC, and dozens of state parties — which did exactly that the Supreme Court declared would still be illegal.

HVF solicited six-figure donations from major donors, including Calvin Klein and "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane, and routed them through state parties en route to the Clinton campaign. Roughly $84 million may have been laundered in what might be the single largest campaign finance scandal in U.S. history.

Here's what we know. Campaign finance law is incredibly complex and infamous for its lack of clarity. As I've explained before, its complexity is a feature, not a bug. Major political players with the resources to hire the very few attorneys who practice campaign finance law benefit from the complexity that keeps others out. Perhaps HVF's architects thought so too, and assumed that if no one understands what's happening, no one would complain.

Here's what you can do, legally. Per election, an individual donor can contribute $2,700 to any candidate, $10,000 to any state party committee, and (during the 2016 cycle) $33,400 to a national party's main account. These groups can all get together and take a single check from a donor for the sum of those contribution limits — it's legal because the donor cannot exceed the base limit for any one recipient. And state parties can make unlimited transfers to their national party.

Here's what you can't do, which the Clinton machine appeared to do anyway. As the Supreme Court made clear in McCutcheon v. FEC, the JFC may not solicit or accept contributions to circumvent base limits, through "earmarks" and "straw men" that are ultimately excessive — there are five separate prohibitions here.

On top of that, six-figure donations either never actually passed through state party accounts or were never actually under state party control, which adds false FEC reporting by HVF, state parties, and the DNC to the laundry list.

Finally, as Donna Brazile and others admitted, the DNC placed the funds under the Clinton campaign's direct control, a massive breach of campaign finance law that ties the conspiracy together.

Democratic donors, knowing the funds would end up with Clinton's campaign, wrote six-figure checks to influence the election — 100 times larger than allowed.

HVF bundled these megagifts and, on a single day, reported transferring money to all participating state parties, some of which would then show up on FEC reports filed by the DNC as transferring the exact same dollar amount on the exact same day to the DNC. Yet not all the state parties reported either receiving or transferring those sums.

Spoiler:

Did any of these transfers actually happen? Or were they just paper entries to mask direct transfers to the DNC?

For perspective, conservative filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza was prosecuted and convicted in 2012 for giving a handful of associates money they then contributed to a candidate of his preference — in other words, straw man contributions. He was sentenced to eight months in a community confinement center and five years of probation. How much money was involved? Only $20,000. HVF weighs in at $84 million — more than 4,000 times larger!

So who should be worried? Everyone involved — from the donors themselves to Democratic fundraisers to party officials who filed false reports and, ultimately, to Clinton campaign and HVF officials looking at significant legal jeopardy.

Don't take my word for it. Our complaint is built entirely on the FEC reports filed by Democrats, memos authored by Clinton campaign manager Robbie Mook, and public statements from Donna Brazile and others.
Spoiler:

The only question that matters: Was the law broken? If the answer is yes, then the corrupt Clinton machine should be held accountable.
Old 04-20-18, 09:04 AM
Banned by request

Re: The Anatomy Of Hillary Clinton's $84 Million Money-Laundering Scheme

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/inves...usiness-daily/

“Investor’s Business Daily (IBD) is an American media company covering international business, finance, economics and the stock market. IBD allows lobbyists and PR reps for right wing think tanks like the Heartland Institute and the Competitive Enterprise Institute to write pseudo-scientific propaganda. (6/14/2016) Updated (1/5/2017)”
Old 04-20-18, 09:12 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Grundle's been posting a bunch of investors dot com "pieces" lately.
The IBD acronym is... pretty fitting, honestly.
Old 04-20-18, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/inves...usiness-daily/

“Investor’s Business Daily (IBD) is an American media company covering international business, finance, economics and the stock market. IBD allows lobbyists and PR reps for right wing think tanks like the Heartland Institute and the Competitive Enterprise Institute to write pseudo-scientific propaganda. (6/14/2016) Updated (1/5/2017)”
Related to this, here’s a footnote about the author of the piece, Dan Backer, which was left out of the above:

Backer is a veteran campaign counsel, having served more than 100 candidates, PACs, and political organizations, including the Committee to Defend the President. He is founding attorney of political.law, a campaign finance and political law firm in Alexandria, Va.
Old 04-20-18, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the article's credibility is suspect.
Old 04-20-18, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

But, Trump?
Old 04-20-18, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that grundle's credibility is suspect.
Old 04-20-18, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this post belongs in the conspiracy thread
Old 04-20-18, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going to go out on a limb and say y'all don't appear to be buying this.
Old 04-20-18, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not going out on a limb. Just another Grundle alternate reality bit. Grundle = conspiracy anything.
Old 04-20-18, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Not going out on a limb. Just another Grundle alternate reality bit. Grundle = conspiracy anything.
Not true, the conspiracy must be posted on Right wing media sites for him to buy in. Give him some credit, he only automatically believes anything people he already agrees with tell him.
Old 04-20-18, 09:55 AM

I'm going to go out on limb and OH, NO, I HAVE NO REAL UPPER BODY STRENGTH WITH WHICH TO PROPERLY CLUTCH THIS LIMB I'M SLIPPING I'M SLIPPING AAAAAH... Whoa, I've landed on a giant cushion of conspiracy theories! They're all so well-seamed together, it's like a giant pillow of lies to help me feel better. Aaaah... This is good. I'm staying here. Right next to this story about The Black Helicopters.
Old 04-20-18, 09:57 AM
Admin-Thanos

Short of changing the thread title, that's the best I can do.
Old 04-20-18, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 04-20-18, 10:01 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Look at y'all, attacking the poster instead of the post!
Who cares that his posting history shows a clear and unchanging pattern of posting opinion pieces filled with erroneous lies, half-truths, and misrepresenting/misinterpreting data??
Just focus on the topic, people,
which just so happens to be another opinion piece filled with erroneous lies, half-truths, and misrepresenting/misinterpreting data,
and stop wielding personal attack-bombs!
Old 04-20-18, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will take a more reasonable tack.

If any of these very serious and apparently easily provable facts are true, then surely there is some prosecutor within the government (fully run by "republicans") who would be willing to take this up. If there was ANY merit, there would be an indictment, or at least that someone is investigating this further. I mean, the current administration has placed "republican" prosecutors in the DOJ no?

This is a serious crime, and we all should be certainly on the alert for any person who takes advantage of their position to commit something like this.

Perhaps the better question is, who is investigating this? Even if there was a hint of wrongdoing to the presidents "enemy", a person who the administration has made LOCK HER UP a mantra, surely they would be all up on this potentially jailable offense.

Or, perhaps it could be that this is a bunch of hogwash that even the administration will not take the time to investigate.

So, why does it fall to the Democrats, conservatives, or "republicans" for that matter to sound the outrage alarm? This is a justice matter, and perhaps, they have a different perspective.

I dunno......
Old 04-20-18, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

<- checks who started the thread. Skips OP and scrolls right to the replies. Yep. Nothing to see here.
Old 04-20-18, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There you go, grundle has solved the case!

Old 04-20-18, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

The money laundering would have been fine if she had stayed on the sidewalks.
Old 04-20-18, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going to have all limbs removed so that there is no way to go out on any of them.
Old 04-20-18, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
The money laundering would have been fine if she had stayed on the sidewalks.
damn. Brutal.
Old 04-20-18, 01:16 PM

Can we update the software of this board so that we don't even see threads created by people on our "ignore" lists. That can't be that hard to do.
Old 04-20-18, 02:17 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This could be our one-and-only thread on anatomy of presidential candidates. So fitting it was started by grundle.
Old 04-20-18, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JackoOnHisBacko View Post
Can we update the software of this board so that we don't even see threads created by people on our "ignore" lists. That can't be that hard to do.
It's clearly impossible. Seems like I remember either a google or firefox extension that worked. Can't find it anymore though.

Last edited by covenant; 04-20-18 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-20-18, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hillary needs to just shave her head go pure Blofeld.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.