Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Devonte Hart, Boy in Famous Photo, Feared Dead With Family in S.U.V. Plunge

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 03-29-18, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I put it here because this kid's pic went viral at a "Ferguson March" in Oregon and he became the "Free Hugs" kid at political marches. Some are saying this may have been a Murder Suicide.

More Here

Old 03-29-18, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Devonte Hart, Boy in Famous Photo, Feared Dead With Family in S.U.V. Plunge

Very sad. I suspect the lady did it intentionally. You really have to want to drive off that cliff.

Old 03-29-18, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow that is quite shocking. Fucking evil lesbians.
Old 03-29-18, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Very sad. I suspect the lady did it intentionally. You really have to want to drive off that cliff.

Not if it’s foggy or at night. Are there more details? What was the concern that child protective services had?

Last edited by Mabuse; 03-29-18 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-29-18, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When did the accident happen? If it was at night the driver could have fallen asleep.
Old 03-29-18, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I read they don’t know what time. The car was discovered many hours later.
Old 03-29-18, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like someone could easily drive off that cliff by accident. Especially if another car was in the wrong lane coming around the curve. That happen to me once and I panicked and step on the gas. If the guy racing didn't swerve over to the right lane I'd probably be dead now. Any way any number of things could have happen.
Old 03-29-18, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Stop with all this reason and nuance and shit. They were wicked lezzie baby killers, period.
Old 03-30-18, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fail to see what being lesbian has to do with anything.
If intentional, the driver may be solely to blame, killing the other parent instead of some suicide pact.
Neighbors call protective services because one of the kids kept coming over asking for something to eat.
Old 03-30-18, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vibiana View Post
Stop with all this reason and nuance and shit. They were wicked lezzie baby killers, period.
Said no one.
Old 03-30-18, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm suddenly feeling nostalgic for the Bus Plunge newspaper stories.

Back when newspapers were composited by hand, they would sometimes have to come up with a filler story that only took a column-inch. Stories about a third-world Bus Plunge was a reliable source of short news items.
Old 03-30-18, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I didn't post this because they were Lesbians. I posted this because of Devonte Hart. The sexual leanings of the parents mean nothing to me. Because IF...they accidentally drove off then this is tragedy with many lives lost and my heart goes out to all who died. However, IF...one or both did this intentionally as some suspect to avoid CPS...then FUCK ONE OR BOTH of those Bitches. Not because they were Gay, but because they were avoiding facing the authorities concerning those children.
Old 03-30-18, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
I didn't post this because they were Lesbians. I posted this because of Devonte Hart. The sexual leanings of the parents mean nothing to me. Because IF...they accidentally drove off then this is tragedy with many lives lost and my heart goes out to all who died. However, IF...one or both did this intentionally as some suspect to avoid CPS...then FUCK ONE OR BOTH of those Bitches. Not because they were Gay, but because they were avoiding facing the authorities concerning those children.
My sarcasm meter appears to need recalibration these days.
Old 03-30-18, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was glaringly obvious it was sarcasm. Surprised Robo wouldn't see that as long as he's been here. You even put an emoticon for god's sake.
Old 03-30-18, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-02-18, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

SUV's plunge off cliff that killed California family may have been intentional act: Police

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suvs-plunge...ry?id=54169611
The crash which claimed the lives of a family of eight in California last week may not have been an accident, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The entire Hart family is presumed dead after its SUV plunged off a cliff March 26 on the Pacific Coast Highway.

According to the CHP, which said in a conference call with reporters Sunday it had completed its initial review of the crash, software pulled from the SUV shows it was stopped at a pull-off spot on the side of the highway before accelerating straight ahead off the cliff. No skid marks were found on the road at the spot it plunged over the edge and police said the brakes were never applied after leaving the gravel pull-out spot.

"Preliminary investigation indicates to us that this incident might have been an intentional act and not the result of a traffic collision," Acting Assistant Chief for the CHP Greg Baarts said.
Old 04-02-18, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'd say it was intentional. What a sick, abusive family. A kid knocks on a neighbor's door, asking for food, because the parents' were starving them for being bad? Where the fuck was CPS.

I have to wonder what these parents are hiding. Bodies in their basement, maybe? We'll find out I suppose.

Oh, and I have to wonder if that famous photo was actually the kid asking and pleading for help to the cop from his sick and sadistic parents, and actually nothing to do with Ferguson at all.
Old 04-02-18, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
I'd say it was intentional. What a sick, abusive family. A kid knocks on a neighbor's door, asking for food, because the parents' were starving them for being bad? Where the fuck was CPS.

I have to wonder what these parents are hiding. Bodies in their basement, maybe? We'll find out I suppose.

Oh, and I have to wonder if that famous photo was actually the kid asking and pleading for help to the cop from his sick and sadistic parents, and actually nothing to do with Ferguson at all.
Sad but true. Makes you wonder.

What the fuck is wrong with people???
Old 04-02-18, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I had initially thought it was sarcasm but then decided to NOT GO WITH THAT ASSUMPTION. What I did was consider the possibility that you were making a case against the very real homophobic/Anti-LGBTQ Adoption sentiments that have shown up around the Internet regarding this story. I just wanted to make it clear I was not coming from that direction and my anger was in no way pointed at you, it was at the people who abused and killed these children.
Old 04-02-18, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
SUV's plunge off cliff that killed California family may have been intentional act: Police

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suvs-plunge...ry?id=54169611

Yeah, fuck those "guardians". Those kids never got a break in life...The Bio parents, The System, The "Guardians". ALL fucked them over.
Old 04-02-18, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
Sad but true. Makes you wonder.

What the fuck is wrong with people???
I dunno, but my fingers are tending to point as much in the direction of social services in Washington and wherever else they were from. We have services that are supposed to help children escape hellish lives like these and punish mean and sick parents who abuse others. Yet another case where our lack of enforcement of laws just goes overlooked and unchallenged.
Old 04-03-18, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I read an article that stated that those water waves are very aggressive. So it's possible the other 3 were washed away also being they were the much younger/smaller.

I can't fathom police finding bodies in the basement. That would totally make this even more devastating. But I can't rule out that possibility either especially when signs of abuse have been reported.
Old 04-07-18, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Unidentified body found in ocean near Devonte Hart family crash site

Police said a body was found in the Pacific Ocean surf near the site where five members of the Hart family were found dead last month at the bottom of a coastal cliff in Northern California.

The Mendocino County Sheriff's Office said the body appeared to belong to a black female, but its age and identity couldn't be determined. A DNA analysis could take several weeks.

Members of the Hart family still missing include Hannah Hart, 16; and Sierra Hart, 15; as well as their brother, Devonte Hart, 15.

Major search operations for the missing children had been called off in recent days because of a major storm hitting the California coast, though police continue to search the shoreline.

The body found Saturday was reported to the Westport Fire Department by a vacationing couple just before 2 p.m. Another bystander pulled the body from the surf onto the beach before firefighters arrived to recover it.

The cause of death could not be determined. An autopsy will be conducted Tuesday.

Police believe all six of the Hart children were in the vehicle at the time of the March 26 crash, which they have described as an intentional act.

Jennifer Hart was driving the SUV, police have said, while the bodies of her wife, Sarah Hart, and three of their six adopted children were found in the vehicle.

None of the vehicle's occupants were wearing seatbelts, police have said, and the SUV's speedometer was "pinned" at 90 mph when the vehicle was found last month.

Investigators have said no skid marks, or evidence of braking, was found at the crash site, located off a dirt turnout along the scenic Highway 1.

Source
Old 04-10-18, 03:29 PM

This is a sad & sickening story, on so many levels. Based on the news articles, it's obvious that these women were in trouble with the child protective service authorities prior to their deaths. It's hard to fathom that they drove off a cliff & killed themselves and their kids, but it definitely looks like that's what happened. I guess we'll never know if it was the decision of both women to do this, or just one of them.

I don't understand how these women were allowed to adopt so many kids, or why they thought they could handle this many. Obviously, the kids needed to go somewhere since they didn't have a home. However, I thought the authorities were supposed to vet the potential adoptive parents, and check up on them on occasion. However, I don't know much about this process.

I will say that if someone doesn't want kids - or can't feed/house them, then they shouldn't have any. And, they definitely shouldn't adopt them - since that's 100% a matter of choice.

I don't have issues with their orientation. I do know that many male/female couples also abuse their children, so I don't necessarily think that had anything to do with this.

This kinds of reminds of the disturbing film Mommie Dearest. In that movie, a famous Hollywood actress adopted some children, and then horribly abused them. At one point, one of them asked her why she had adopted them in the first place?! Good question, which could also be applied to this sad case.