Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

CHP Nightmare

Old 03-21-18, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CHP Nightmare

CHP Nightmare.

What happened to the saying you can not beat the radio or whatever?
Bunch of punks.

Old 03-21-18, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: CHP Nightmare

Kinda wish that cop took out a couple of those guys.... bunch a dbags.
Old 03-22-18, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cops should throw out a load of spike strips and watch these anarchists take flight before alighting to become piles of misshapen limbs and viscera on the asphalt. OK, not really, but these infestations of reckless riders, many on unroadworthy bikes and quads, have become a small epidemic in the States in the last few years. What can be done?
Old 03-22-18, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Cops should throw out a load of spike strips and watch these anarchists take flight before alighting to become piles of misshapen limbs and viscera on the asphalt. OK, not really, but these infestations of reckless riders, many on unroadworthy bikes and quads, have become a small epidemic in the States in the last few years. What can be done?
Drones are the answer, IMHO. Just follow a few of them back to their houses and then swoop in on them, arrest them, and impound their shit.
Old 03-22-18, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
Drones are the answer, IMHO. Just follow a few of them back to their houses and then swoop in on them, arrest them, and impound their shit.
Yes, I hadn't thought of drones. And I agree that a short jail stint and permanent seizure of their shit is a strong disincentive to partaking in this antisocial conduct.
Old 03-23-18, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here’s a thought: don’t click that link and encourage the douchebags. I’ll save you the trouble, nothing happens in the video.

It’s not fair for me to be this way, but this is the stuff that makes me hate the “Start Seeing Motorcycles” campaign. How about taking up a “Ride Responsibly” campaign instead? I’m guessing you wouldn’t end up a hood ornament if you weren’t riding like the idiots in that video.

Yes, the penalties for flagrant disregard like this should be much stiffer.
Old 03-23-18, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Iím guessing you wouldnít end up a hood ornament if you werenít riding like the idiots in that video.

Well there is one I can think of -

Old 03-23-18, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Abob Teff View Post
Here’s a thought: don’t click that link and encourage the douchebags. I’ll save you the trouble, nothing happens in the video.

It’s not fair for me to be this way, but this is the stuff that makes me hate the “Start Seeing Motorcycles” campaign. How about taking up a “Ride Responsibly” campaign instead? I’m guessing you wouldn’t end up a hood ornament if you weren’t riding like the idiots in that video.

And that's what makes these guys such assholes. They're ruining it for the responsible riders among us. I'm super cautious for the little bit of road riding I do, which is only to get to the trails, but I have friends that street ride. Fortunately, none of them are like these idiots.

Regarding your second comment, the majority of the bike accidents I read about, locally, are the result of a car turning left in front of a motorcycle approaching from the opposite direction.

That video was very frustrating to watch. I can only imagine how the cop felt.
Old 03-23-18, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Men should grow up and stop using machines to prove how tough their scared little asses are.
Old 03-23-18, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I missed it, but why does the police SUV start swerving uncontrollably near the beginning? Flat tire?
Old 03-23-18, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Maybe I missed it, but why does the police SUV start swerving uncontrollably near the beginning? Flat tire?
I think he was trying to make all traffic stop.

Mad Max 1979? spoilers

Spoiler:
Old 03-24-18, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
And that's what makes these guys such assholes. They're ruining it for the responsible riders among us. I'm super cautious for the little bit of road riding I do, which is only to get to the trails, but I have friends that street ride. Fortunately, none of them are like these idiots.

Regarding your second comment, the majority of the bike accidents I read about, locally, are the result of a car turning left in front of a motorcycle approaching from the opposite direction.

That video was very frustrating to watch. I can only imagine how the cop felt.
Andicus, I will agree that the bad apples ruin it ... but it isnít just the young punks in preppie motorcycle hordes. Iíve watched plenty of 40-50 year olds on their Harleys do equally stupid shit with their wife/girlfriend on the back. They think traffic laws donít apply to them. Why should they sit in traffic when they can fit around cars on either side (turning vehicles be damned)? Just today I left one of our facilities and watched a middle-aged guy on his Honda (not a sport bike) using the double yellow lines in the middle of a two-lane highway for his ďspecial motorcycle laneĒ between the traffic he was in and me (oncoming traffic).

Not saying all are like that, but enough are that I donít trust any biker on the road. (Then again, I donít trust any driver on the road.) Someday Iíd like to have a bike, so Iím not biased against them. Just against the morons.
Old 03-24-18, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree, it's not just young riders, but I do think they're a majority.

Yeah, that's pretty bad (straddling a double yellow). I thought you were going to mention lane splitting, which is legal in many places. I would never do it, however. I simply don't have enough trust in other drivers, and the consequences are too great, should something go wrong.
Old 03-24-18, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by andicus View Post
I thought you were going to mention lane splitting, which is legal in many places.
It is only explicitly legal in California. While there are another 12 or so states where it is not explicitly illegal, you could still get a ticket for it just like you would/could if you did it in the car. They would just call it "failure to yield" or something like that.
Old 03-24-18, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
It is only explicitly legal in California. While there are another 12 or so states where it is not explicitly illegal, you could still get a ticket for it just like you would/could if you did it in the car. They would just call it "failure to yield" or something like that.
I was talking in a more global scope, but have to admit that I did not realize it was only explicitly legal in California.