Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Mass Shootings [Merged]

Old 10-27-18, 02:18 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Re: Mass Shootings [Merged]

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
grundle lives in Squirrel Hill and asked me to report to everyone here that he's okay.
Old 10-27-18, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
Tentatively IDed as 46 year-old Robert Bower, white male. Here are allegedly some screenshots from his social media before it was taken down:

https://imgur.com/a/CM2QUSv

Looks like he was upset that Trump wasn't anti-semitic enough.

All of this is info from "some guy" online so it could be all wrong. Did find one Spanish language news site that posted the same name and age, however.
I was unfamiliar with Gab so I looked it up, and now Iím sorry I did.

grundle lives in Squirrel Hill and asked me to report to everyone here that he's okay.
Old 10-27-18, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

He sent this pic to let us know he's alright:

Old 10-27-18, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Oh look. A brand new level of despicable.

https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/st...23615170031616
If you listen closely you can hear the NRA collectively jizzing in their pants.
Old 10-27-18, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That is good to read, thank you.
Old 10-27-18, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BREAKING</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pittsburgh?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Pittsburgh</a> Synagogue Shooting:<br>--NEW: KDKA confirms 11 people dead<br>--4 police officers shot<br>--Gunman, Robert Bowers arrested<br>--Yelled &quot;All Jews Must Die&quot; opened fire<br>--Tree of Life Synagogue<br>Latest: <a href="https://t.co/JhSP1URRNT">https://t.co/JhSP1URRNT</a><br>LIVE: <a href="https://t.co/B3tu8Z7pe4">https://t.co/B3tu8Z7pe4</a> <a href="https://t.co/IwbkvRljrT">pic.twitter.com/IwbkvRljrT</a></p>&mdash; KDKA (@KDKA) <a href="https://twitter.com/KDKA/status/1056264186844639232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 10-27-18, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

My mom works at one of the most prominent Jewish centers in Los Angeles. It is guarded by Israeli soldiers. It's a shame they need to resort to that but I can tell you there's no way something like this could happen there. Proper training and proper protection goes a long way.
Old 10-27-18, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
My mom works at one of the most prominent Jewish centers in Los Angeles. It is guarded by Israeli soldiers. It's a shame they need to resort to that but I can tell you there's no way something like this could happen there. Proper training and proper protection goes a long way.
So would gun control but here we are.
Old 10-27-18, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, just arm every place, everywhere with soldiers. A military state in every building in America is a much better option than gun control.

Also, it took LESS THAN A MINUTE for law enforcement to arrive at the synagogue. Even if they had an armed guard he would have to have been standing at the exact right place to prevent any less damage than was done. So... I guess, multiple armed soldiers in every building in America, you know, to cover every entrance at all times.
Old 10-27-18, 05:48 PM
Admin-Thanos

Less than a week after Trump proclaimed himself a "Nationalist" (aka White Nationalist). Looks like a lot of #MAGAShooting #MAGABombing going on this week.
Old 10-27-18, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
So, just arm every place, everywhere with soldiers. A military state in every building in America is a much better option than gun control.

Also, it took LESS THAN A MINUTE for law enforcement to arrive at the synagogue. Even if they had an armed guard he would have to have been standing at the exact right place to prevent any less damage than was done. So... I guess, multiple armed soldiers in every building in America, you know, to cover every entrance at all times.
It might be simpler if every citizen were simply required to be armed.
Old 10-27-18, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Yeah coexistence between religions is such a lame message.
Horribly lame, horribly lame. Only for snowflakes, cucks, pinkos, antifas, et al. Conflict is more profitable than peace and amity. Coexistence between peoples is yawn-worthy. I'd sure never use it as a mantra, fuck's sake.

I do think the rabbis should be armed with Uzis rather rather than izmels. With a bit of practice they could surely shoot the foreskin off, as well as take out a marauding anti-Semite. Kill two birds...
Old 10-27-18, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This good guy with a gun argument is bullshit. People forget there was an armed officer at Stoneman Douglas... and he RAN AWAY from the gunfire.
Old 10-27-18, 06:27 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
This good guy with a gun argument is bullshit. People forget there was an armed officer at Stoneman Douglas... and he RAN AWAY from the gunfire.
He must have been a libtard cuck, or something.
Old 10-27-18, 07:08 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
Less than a week after Trump proclaimed himself a "Nationalist" (aka White Nationalist). Looks like a lot of #MAGAShooting #MAGABombing going on this week.
It's almost as if words mean things and what he says, intentional or not, influences the worst of humanity to take actions to hurt or kill other people they don't like. Hmm.
Old 10-27-18, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It's almost as if words mean things and what he says, intentional or not, influences the worst of humanity to take actions to hurt or kill other people they don't like. Hmm.
They heard the dog whistle and answered the call.
Old 10-27-18, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of which, how does the President of the United States stand on a national stage and say this and itís barely even a blip on the news. Virtually no one is talking about this.
Old 10-27-18, 07:26 PM
Admin-Thanos

Speaking of which, how does the President of the United States stand on a national stage and say this and it’s barely even a blip on the news. Virtually no one is talking about this.
The 24/7 news cycle is overloaded. Who knew it could happen. When stations like CNN first came online, they struggled to fill time. Now there's so much bullshit coming out of Trump on a daily basis, they can't keep up. Besides, if it bleeds it leads. The shootings and bombings take the lead, and analysis of Trump's rhetoric just don't get covered. There isn't enough time for hard analysis and the 24/7 news stations are generally lazy.
Old 10-27-18, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The 24/7 news cycle is overloaded. Who knew it could happen. When stations like CNN first came online, they struggled to fill time. Now there's so much bullshit coming out of Trump on a daily basis, they can't keep up. Besides, if it bleeds it leads. The shootings and bombings take the lead, and analysis of Trump's rhetoric just don't get covered. There isn't enough time for hard analysis and the 24/7 news stations are generally lazy.
Yeah, I just find it crazy that the President can essentially state he’s a white Nationallist and no one says anything about it.

I just hope the Democrats are already cutting a campaign ad for the next presidential election that intercuts footage of white supremacists and Trump using the same terminology. White power rally screaming about white nationalists then Trump on stage saying “I’m a Nationalist, not supposed to say it but I am...”
Old 10-27-18, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I just find it crazy that the President can essentially state heís a white Nationallist and no one says anything about it.

I just hope the Democrats are already cutting a campaign ad for the next presidential election that intercuts footage of white supremacists and Trump using the same terminology. White power rally screaming about white nationalists then Trump on stage saying ďIím a Nationalist, not supposed to say it but I am...Ē
Plenty of people said stuff about it. Then he did 30 more batshit crazy things.
Old 10-27-18, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And two full weeks of every prominent figure in the GOP floating conspiracy theories involving George Soros/"Globalists" and the caravan. Sadly, this was inevitable with the hate they've been spewing.
Old 10-27-18, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Plenty of people said stuff about it. Then he did 30 more batshit crazy things.
Iím starting to understand the frustration with the media. Iíve seen video of Trump walking up the stairs of Air Force One with toilet paper in his shoe at least twice as much as Iíve seen anyone talking about Trump declaring himself a (White) Nationalist.

Pick your battles better, media. For fuckís sake!
Old 10-27-18, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
Good guy with a guy is an urban myth. It doesnít exist.
Old 10-27-18, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm surprised trump, the master of conspiracy theories himself, (or even conservative media) hasn't tried to link this shooting to another liberal plot for the midterms
Old 10-27-18, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Good guy with a guy is an urban myth. It doesnít exist.
The good guy with a gun won't have the gun on him in places that do not allow guns.

The good guy obeys the rules. The good guy obeys the laws.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.