Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk > Religion, Politics and World Events

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Old 12-15-17, 12:16 PM   #1

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Part 1 here: https://forum.dvdtalk.com/religion-p...whos-next.html
Old 12-15-17, 12:19 PM   #2
DVD Talk Hero

re: Official Trump Presidency Thread Part 2 - Steve Bannon & Wolff Book Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_SD View Post
Kushner has been indicted for a while now, just as has Trump and many others. Only a matter of when it's finally revealed to us.
Phrases like that can mean "tomorrow" or "twenty years from know" so sorry if I don't get too excited until something ACTUALLY happens.

Meanwhile, Trump is still President and still enacting policies that will affect this country for generations to come.
Old 12-15-17, 12:23 PM   #3
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Draven, I long ago lost hope of ever seeing you happy or excited.
Old 12-15-17, 12:30 PM   #4
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Phrases like that can mean "tomorrow" or "twenty years from know" so sorry if I don't get too excited until something ACTUALLY happens.

Meanwhile, Trump is still President and still enacting policies that will affect this country for generations to come.
Old 12-15-17, 12:32 PM   #5
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:

Anything that Trump has enacted so far can easily be undone.

If he is as dangerous and causing as much damage as many here believe, then why aren't Democrat politicians out there making the case of why Trump needs to be removed? At some point those claims ring as hollow as the scare tactics used against Reagan itching to start WWIII.

Even Republicans who were "brave" enough to speak out against Trump are willing to vote for bills and give him a victory. They're not concerned about him being president... at least not enough to help ensure that he is politically crippled.
Old 12-15-17, 12:34 PM   #6
Enormous Genitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Not his confirmed court appointments.
Old 12-15-17, 12:38 PM   #7
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
Not his confirmed court appointments.
What if his seat was won through fraud?

Frankly I'm not too concerned right now about anything that went down during his first year. Not the Gorsuch appointment, not the court packing, not the Net Neutrality repeal, not the tax scheme.

It may take a little more effort to undo some of these as opposed to the rest, but 2016 was a fraud election. No way that people are going to stand for the criminals getting to keep what they stole, after it's revealed it was attained through a widely participated in, criminal enterprise.

And the Repubs, to their credit, proved amply just how deeply involved they were and continue to be in this crime of the century.

Last edited by Paul_SD; 12-15-17 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-15-17, 12:43 PM   #8
DVD Talk Legend

RIP my most successful thread ever.
Old 12-15-17, 12:45 PM   #9
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:

Frankly I'm not too concerned right now about anything that went down during his first year. Not the Gorsuch appointment, not the court packing, not the Net Neutrality repeal, not the tax scheme.

It may take a little more effort to undo some of these as opposed to the rest, but 2016 was a fraud election. No way that people are going to stand for the criminals getting to keep what they stole, after it's revealed it was attained through a widely participated criminal enterprise.

And the Repubs, to their credit, proved amply just how deeply involved they were and continue to be in this crime of the century.
We'll never know because Trump isn't going down until Repubs get behind removing him which they won't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post

If he is as dangerous and causing as much damage as many here believe, then why aren't Democrat politicians out there making the case of why Trump needs to be removed? At some point those claims ring as hollow as the scare tactics used against Reagan itching to start WWIII.

Even Republicans who were "brave" enough to speak out against Trump are willing to vote for bills and give him a victory. They're not concerned about him being president... at least not enough to help ensure that he is politically crippled.
Several Dems have done just that but since they are in the minority, they can't do anything to remove him. And Trump and Co. just say "fake news" and move on with their shitty policies.

And again, those Repubs support Trump because they want to be re-elected. It's only when they opt to not seek reelection that they choose to speak out.
Old 12-15-17, 12:46 PM   #10
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabb
I always thought this would be a great SNL skit, as Balwin plays Trump as The Godfather (from the beginning of the movie like Brando). You can have him sit in his chair and then you could have Paul Ryan, McConnell, Schumer, etc all come in and kiss the ring. But SNL would never do that because it would make Trump look cool, but I think it would be real funny.
That made me think of the classic SNL parody of The Untouchables with Reagan (Phil Hartman) in the role of Al Capone.

They could redo this one with Trump as Capone and Flynn or Kushner as the unfortunate dude at the business end of the bat.
Old 12-15-17, 12:56 PM   #11
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
We'll never know because Trump isn't going down until Repubs get behind removing him which they won't do.
They don't seem to be doing it voluntarily, do they?

Hmm, why do you suppose that is?
Especially since it's been shown, repeatedly now, that embracing Trump is an election loser.

Puesto Loco, ever since he was guessed wrong on the McConnell/Ryan going tdown timeline, has begged off prognosticating on when stuff will happen.
But I'll make what I think is a fairly intelligent guess here.

Trump will be officially indicted and the stories that have been held on him released out in the open before the end of March.

Did I just pull that out of my ass? No. Indictments and guilty pleas are already here for periphery players and will continue to come. But Trump is the one that carries with it the chance for civil unrest from his most ardent and deluded supporters. Post March, the weather will be getting warmer and the last thing that Mueller is going to do is wait until the heat of summer to inflame passions.

Weather/climate is a factor in how this all goes down.

May take an election wave of Blue to actually get an impeachment accomplished (honestly don't think it will need that- the rats will abandon him before that), but he will be toast in most sense by late spring.

Last edited by Paul_SD; 12-15-17 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-15-17, 12:57 PM   #12
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Big bullshitter.
Old 12-15-17, 12:58 PM   #13
DVD Talk Hero

It's a shame we couldn't have kept that first thread open for one more month. That way we could have a President Trump Year One thread, a President Trump Year Two thread, and then you know, hopefully that's it.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 12-15-17, 01:04 PM   #14
DVD Talk Legend

Yes the thread lasted almost exactly the same amount of time as Omarosa, and just like her I have seen things that have made me uncomfortable, that have upset me, that have affected me deeply and emotionally, that has affected my community and my people. And when I can tell my story, it is a profound story that I know the world will want to hear.
Old 12-15-17, 01:08 PM   #15
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Trump will be officially indicted and the stories that have been held on him released out in the open before the end of March.
Not a chance in hell.

It is still in everyone's best interest who's in charge to keep Trump right where he is. And I still maintain that when it comes time to vote, these Republicans who say they "disapprove" of Donald Trump will pull the lever for him again when the alternative is a Democrat.

Last edited by Draven; 12-15-17 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-15-17, 01:13 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick danger View Post
rip my most successful thread ever.
#mndga
Old 12-15-17, 01:13 PM   #17
Time Lord

Quote:

It may take a little more effort to undo some of these as opposed to the rest, but 2016 was a fraud election. No way that people are going to stand for the criminals getting to keep what they stole, after it's revealed it was attained through a widely participated in, criminal enterprise.

Serious question for Constitutional scholars here, plus anyone with a deep understanding of how our government works: Are there clauses in the Constitution or laws on the books governing what happens to judicial appointees if itís discovered the person who appointed them was fraudulently elected? Iím not sure itís as easy as Paul thinks it is to remove a sitting federal judge, and Iím close to certain it wonít be easy to remove a sitting Supreme Court Justice.

Thatís if election fraud can be proven to the point where people even want the judges removed.
Old 12-15-17, 01:13 PM   #18
DVD Talk Hero

Russian bot farm is plotting something...

Old 12-15-17, 01:16 PM   #19
Enormous Genitals

Quote:

If Trump were impeached and removed from office tomorrow, there is no legal basis for removing judges confirmed by the Senate without cause due to their individual actions.
Old 12-15-17, 01:21 PM   #20
Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
If Trump were impeached and removed from office tomorrow, there is no legal basis for removing judges confirmed by the Senate without cause due to their individual actions.
That’s the thing that gets me about the conspiracy theorist predictions of everything Trump has wrought being undone. Trump didn’t do anything alone. Every law he signed went through the Senate and the House. I doubt Ajit Pai would be forced to resign unless it was shown he colluded with Russia too. There’s going to be a lot of lasting damage from this, and that’s even if the evidence proves Trump colluded with Russia AND people actually give a shit about it.

There’s no magic wand you can wave in politics. We’ll be feeling the repercussions of this election for years, possibly decades.
Old 12-15-17, 01:22 PM   #21
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
Serious question for Constitutional scholars here, plus anyone with a deep understanding of how our government works: Are there clauses in the Constitution or laws on the books governing what happens to judicial appointees if itís discovered the person who appointed them was fraudulently elected? Iím not sure itís as easy as Paul thinks it is to remove a sitting federal judge, and Iím close to certain it wonít be easy to remove a sitting Supreme Court Justice.

Thatís if election fraud can be proven to the point where people even want the judges removed.
I didn't say that part was going to be easy. I said some of what has been implemented in Trumps year in office will be easier to undo than others.

The process is not going to magically swift and easy. Post Trump re-orientation is going to be at times arduous and grueling. I have NO DOUBT about that.
But I also have no doubt that is what is going to happen.

And with the process of achieving that, is going to come a realignment of thought. We are not going to go through hell to undo what Trump and the traitors in Congress have wrought, only to arrive back to a pre 2016 status quo.
A large swatch of the country will have learned something from all this when it's over. Maybe they'll forget again in twenty years, but I think the country will be different in the decades post Trump than it was in the preceding thirty years.
Old 12-15-17, 01:27 PM   #22
Enormous Genitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermallet View Post
That’s the thing that gets me about the conspiracy theorist predictions of everything Trump has wrought being undone. Trump didn’t do anything alone. Every law he signed went through the Senate and the House. I doubt Ajit Pai would be forced to resign unless it was shown he colluded with Russia too. There’s going to be a lot of lasting damage from this, and that’s even if the evidence proves Trump colluded with Russia AND people actually give a shit about it.

There’s no magic wand you can wave in politics. We’ll be feeling the repercussions of this election for years, possibly decades.
Exactly.

The net neutrality issue could be fixed easily if the Ds were in power and appointed FCC commissioners who would reverse this week's decision. Judicial appointments are going to be with us for decades. Gorsuch will be on SCOTUS for decades. Nothing to be done about it. We can only hope that Ginsburg and Kennedy can hold out until Trump is gone and/or the Ds have control of the Senate.

Last edited by Bandoman; 12-15-17 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-15-17, 01:30 PM   #23
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Trump is such a piece of shit that I blame him for the let down that is the new Star Wars film.
Old 12-15-17, 01:37 PM   #24
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
Trump is such a piece of shit that I blame him for the let down that is the new Star Wars film.
TOMATOMETER
93%
Average Rating: 8.2/10
Reviews Counted: 262
Fresh: 243
Rotten: 19
Old 12-15-17, 01:39 PM   #25
DVD Talk Hero

I am seeing the movie tonight keep that shit out of this thread