Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 11-26-18, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
For his new propaganda channel, Drumpf can hire some unspeakable virago like Ann Coulter. She'd be the American version of this shrieking harpy:

Ann Coulter is racist trash,but she has no problem criticizing Trump if she disagrees with 1 of his policies.The state media is people on Fox News like Hannity,Judge what's her name,Laura Ingraham the airhead morning show hosts etc
Old 11-26-18, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez View Post
Ann Coulter is racist trash,but she has no problem criticizing Trump if she disagrees with 1 of his policies.The state media is people on Fox News like Hannity,Judge what's her name,Laura Ingraham the airhead morning show hosts etc
Good point. I was just going with the most offensive person I could think of.
Old 11-26-18, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mspmms View Post
Border agents were struck with rocks and a large group began pushing through the barrier. That’s not applying for asylum and it is not doing it legally.

There has been some push back after a little examination from that photo from NBC on twitter:

What am I missing with this picture? I see a can of tear gas going off. The three men “posing” may not be full on running away but are certainly turning away from the gas. The man running toward the camera man is, in fact, running....from fucking tear gas, and al the people “standing around” are doing no such thing. They all, or at least the majority appear to be trying to flee from the gas. And all that’s in addition to the mother pulling her children away from the gas in the forefront of the picture.
Old 11-27-18, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
What am I missing with this picture? I see a can of tear gas going off. The three men “posing” may not be full on running away but are certainly turning away from the gas. The man running toward the camera man is, in fact, running....from fucking tear gas, and al the people “standing around” are doing no such thing. They all, or at least the majority appear to be trying to flee from the gas. And all that’s in addition to the mother pulling her children away from the gas in the forefront of the picture.
Well, what ur missing is that, clearly that women with the children is not he mother (or other family membe). She is a “grabber”. So that totally justifies the use of tear gas on them.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/polit...nts/index.html

"In some cases, you know, they're not the parents," the President said. "These are people, they call 'em grabbers. They grab a child because they think they'll have a certain status by having a child. You know, you have certain advantages in terms of our crazy laws that, frankly, Congress should be changing."
When asked for evidence of his claim by reporters, Trump demurred.
"It's a term that's used because, as you know, many people, it's a very violent, horrible thing, that they feel they have an advantage when they're with a young child, and they call them grabbers," he said.
The term "grabber" has not been widely used.
Old 11-27-18, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jesus christ. Even if you dumb yourself down enough to accept his statements as truth, the president just seemed to openly state that it’s crazy that our laws try to be gentler when a child is involved. What pieces of shit his enablers and supporters are.
Old 11-27-18, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Phony Witch Hunt continues, but Mueller and his gang of Angry Dems are only looking at one side, not the other. Wait until it comes out how horribly &amp; viciously they are treating people, ruining lives for them refusing to lie. Mueller is a conflicted prosecutor gone rogue....</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1067395266511347713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">....The Fake News Media builds Bob Mueller up as a Saint, when in actuality he is the exact opposite. He is doing TREMENDOUS damage to our Criminal Justice System, where he is only looking at one side and not the other. Heroes will come of this, and it won’t be Mueller and his...</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1067398375337791488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">....terrible Gang of Angry Democrats. Look at their past, and look where they come from. The now $30,000,000 Witch Hunt continues and they’ve got nothing but ruined lives. Where is the Server? Let these terrible people go back to the Clinton Foundation and “Justice” Department!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1067404517841518593?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
Old 11-27-18, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Well, what ur missing is that, clearly that women with the children is not he mother (or other family membe). She is a “grabber”. So that totally justifies the use of tear gas on them.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/polit...nts/index.html

"In some cases, you know, they're not the parents," the President said. "These are people, they call 'em grabbers. They grab a child because they think they'll have a certain status by having a child. You know, you have certain advantages in terms of our crazy laws that, frankly, Congress should be changing."
When asked for evidence of his claim by reporters, Trump demurred.
"It's a term that's used because, as you know, many people, it's a very violent, horrible thing, that they feel they have an advantage when they're with a young child, and they call them grabbers," he said.
The term "grabber" has not been widely used.
I can kind of see how he got there with his thinking, though....

*President Trump is a "grabber" because he openly admits he grabs women by the pussy whether they want it or not. He says because he's a celebrity it's ok. The women didn't ask him to but he did it for a status thing.
Old 11-27-18, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
I can kind of see how he got there with his thinking, though....

*President Trump is a "grabber" because he openly admits he grabs women by the pussy whether they want it or not. He says because he's a celebrity it's ok. The women didn't ask him to but he did it for a status thing.
Once again, a mis-quote of what he said. He said they let him do it because of his celeb status.
Old 11-27-18, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Once again, a mis-quote of what he said. He said they let him do it because of his celeb status.
He also said he doesn’t even wait. #MAGA

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.
Such inspiring words I could cry.
Old 11-27-18, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea, he's obviously stating that he doesn't wait for their permission to start kissing them and grabbing them by the pussy - and that he gets away with it because he's a celebrity.

He did NOT state that after getting their permission they let him do it because he's a celebrity.

Very big difference.

Remember, this is the guy who also bragged that without permission he goes backstage at his pageants while women are naked.
Old 11-27-18, 08:36 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Yea, he's obviously stating that he doesn't wait for their permission to start kissing them and grabbing them by the pussy - and that he gets away with it because he's a celebrity.

He did NOT state that after getting their permission they let him do it because he's a celebrity.

Very big difference.

Remember, this is the guy who also bragged that without permission he goes backstage at his pageants while women are naked.
Not just women. Teens.
Old 11-27-18, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

^ Let’s be doubly-clear - also women under the age of 18. But I’m sure they are all lying.

On an appearance on The Howard Stern Show in 2005, published on Sunday by CNN, Trump described going backstage at the beauty pageants while the contestants were undressed. “Before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” he said. “You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.”

“You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’” he continued. “And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.”

According to interviews BuzzFeed News conducted with former Miss Teen USA contestants, Trump did just that in 1997. Four women who were competing in the pageant that year — including one who was 15 at the time — recalled that Trump walked into the dressing area while they were changing.
EDIT: Bando beat me to it! #MAGA
Old 11-27-18, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 11-27-18, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post

The "Gays for Trump!" is the most depressing one of all.

It's in the same realm as a "Jews for Hitler!" rally ...
Old 11-27-18, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Holy shit!

Probably leaked by Mueller's team after Manafort lied to them.

So the potential shared lie that Manafort and trump could be caught out on could be that Manafort hand delivered letters between Trump and Assange.
Seriously, holy shit!

*edit - looks like there's reason to be skeptical about this...

Last edited by slop101; 11-27-18 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-27-18, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
He also said he doesn’t even wait. #MAGA
Awesome post.

#MALA
Old 11-27-18, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Awesome post.

#MALA
Thanks! You picked an awesome President!
Old 11-27-18, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Holy shit!

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...24651440242688

Probably leaked by Mueller's team after Manafort lied to them.

So the potential shared lie that Manafort and trump could be caught out on could be that Manafort hand delivered letters between Trump and Assange.
Seriously, holy shit!

*edit - looks like there's reason to be skeptical about this...

https://twitter.com/evagolinger/stat...46717023485956
Yeah it's becoming pretty obvious why Trump hired the guy. Manafort used the promise of dirt on Hillary from Assange to get the Campaign Manager spot.
Old 11-27-18, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Goodlatte: ‘It’s awfully tough’ for Ivanka Trump to comply with email standards

The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), said on Monday that it was “awfully tough” for government officials such as Ivanka Trump to comply with agency standards for secure communications when sending emails.

“When things like this come up, it’s important people understand, they need to make sure they’re doing what they can,” Goodlatte said during an interview on CNN.

“And it’s awfully tough, as everyone knows, when you’re sending emails about a lot of different things to make sure that you’re doing it according to the rules in the White House or wherever you’re doing it,” he added.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...edium=referral
I'm not quite sure how the other 2 million federal government employees manage to do it successfully ...
Old 11-27-18, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kmical View Post
I'm not quite sure how the other 2 million federal government employees manage to do it successfully ...
Better genes?
Old 11-27-18, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Total garbage! Stop spreading lies.

Edit, I see someone quotes what he actually said. But hey keep defending.
Old 11-27-18, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Total garbage! Stop spreading lies.

Edit, I see someone quotes what he actually said. But hey keep defending.
"Once again, a mis-quote of what he said. He said they let him do it because of his celeb status." = short, quippy, and wrong. move along, nothing to see here.

on a different note, Chris Hayes needs to let the adults do their job.
Old 11-27-18, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
"Once again, a mis-quote of what he said. He said they let him do it because of his celeb status." = short, quippy, and wrong. move along, nothing to see here.
I wonder how trump apologists imagine this consent goes down?

"Excuse me madam, would you be so kind as to let me cup your genitals with my hand?"
"Oh dear me, normally I would never, but seeing as you are such a celebrity, have at it!"
Old 11-27-18, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kmical View Post
It's even far more than that. Government contractors have to comply with the same or very similar processes for communication of sensitive information. And for that matter, it's the same kind of processes that companies who have nothing to do with the government put in place to protect company proprietary information. But uh, yeah, it's awfully tough Mr. Goodlatte.
Old 11-27-18, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by joeblow69 View Post
I wonder how trump apologists imagine this consent goes down?

"Excuse me madam, would you be so kind as to let me cup your genitals with my hand?"
"Oh dear me, normally I would never, but seeing as you are such a celebrity, have at it!"

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.