Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 07-17-18, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Future scenario:

Trump "If Russia invades another country I wouldn't do anything"

Next day (after the invasion)

Trump: "I meant to say would"
Except I suspect wouldn’t and would would be reversed here.
Old 07-17-18, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
Except I suspect wouldn’t and would would be reversed here.
Yeah that makes more sense.
Old 07-17-18, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok he misspoke but didn't he have an interview with Presidential advisor Hannity yesterday? Why didn't he correct himself while on a real news network?
Old 07-17-18, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

And there it is...

Collusion or not, I don't see how he could be anything but a Russian asset.
Old 07-17-18, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Good thing he wrote "NO COLLUSION" on his notes or he might've forgotten to say that part.
Old 07-17-18, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's what Trump said yesterday, with the correction in red:

TRUMP: So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why haven’t they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the democratic national committee? I’ve been wondering that. I’ve been asking that for months and months and I’ve been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know, where is the server and what is the server saying? With that being said, all I can do is ask the question. My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others and said they think it’s Russia.

I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. I will say this. I don’t see any reason why it wouldn't be, but I really do want to see the server. But I have confidence in both parties. I really believe that this will probably go on for a while, but I don’t think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC? Where are those servers? They’re missing. Where are they? What happened to Hillary Clinton’s emails? 33,000 emails gone — just gone. I think in Russia they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 emails. So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that president Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today. And what he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer. Okay thank you.
How the fuck is that any better? He's still shitting on the FBI, trying to blame Hillary, carrying water for Russia, and generally acting like a man who is more interested in protecting Putin than protecting democracy.
Old 07-17-18, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Good thing he wrote "NO COLLUSION" on his notes or he might've forgotten to say that part.
In big black sharpie so he doesn't forget his mantra.
Old 07-17-18, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 169 Posts

Old 07-17-18, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
How the fuck is that any better? He's still shitting on the FBI, trying to blame Hillary, carrying water for Russia, and generally acting like a man who is more interested in protecting Putin than protecting democracy.
He's only worried about protecting his own image and bank account. Putin is the only one "on his side". And by on his side, I really mean playing him like a fiddle.
Old 07-17-18, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In other news, the State Department paid roughly 52,000 pounds - or $65,000 - to SLC Turnberry Limited, which is registered with a company whose directors include Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr.

Making a buck at every turn.
Old 07-17-18, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Here's what Trump said yesterday, with the correction in red:

All he's doing is slightly shading in favor of the FBI rather than against them. The rest of the bullshit is still the same. It hardly seems worth correcting.

He also said "I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place," then added "It could be other people also. A lot of people out there." Which sounds like his typical ad-libbed back-off because he's afraid of actually making a definitive statement.
Old 07-17-18, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 214 Likes on 129 Posts

His people just found the one word that would SORT of change what he said (even if it didn't make sense) and trotted him out to make a speech about it.

I LOVE that he threw in "It could be other people also". It's just perfect Trump. So close to saying the right thing but he has to go and fuck it up.

Last edited by Draven; 07-17-18 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-17-18, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All he's doing is slightly shading in favor of the FBI rather than against them. The rest of the bullshit is still the same. It hardly seems worth correcting.

He also said "I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place," then added "It could be other people also. A lot of people out there." Which sounds like his typical ad-libbed back-off because he's afraid of actually making a definitive statement.
It could also be a 400 lb...
Old 07-17-18, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

He literally can't accept any meddling because in his mind it would invalidate his electoral win. Just like he can't accept Clinton's popular win, thinking there were exactly 3 million illegal votes.

He's so petty and insecure - a case could be made that he's one of the the pettiest, most insecure men to walk the earth.
Old 07-17-18, 05:07 PM

Received 711 Likes on 487 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/suaveqvlWP8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-17-18, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Why the fuck does he want to "see the server"? The guy can barely use a cell phone but he wants to see a server?
Old 07-17-18, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Still waiting to see the "benefits" of the "alliance" between America and Russia.
Old 07-17-18, 05:13 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
He literally can't accept any meddling because in his mind it would invalidate his electoral win. Just like he can't accept Clinton's popular win, thinking there were exactly 3 million illegal votes.
I saw this earlier today and had to dig it up. Along the same lines:

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Why the fuck does he want to "see the server"? The guy can barely use a cell phone but he wants to see a server?
He wants to see what it's saying. It's saying many things. Many many things. Some good things. Lots of good things, like how everyone loves him. But he just wants to see what it's saying... what it's whispering... what secrets does it hold deep in its heart of hearts...
Old 07-17-18, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

And while we are distracted by Trump's attempt to "explain", this drops:

IRS won't require NRA, other groups to disclose donors to tax officials

"WASHINGTON — The Trump administration will no longer force some tax-exempt organizations, including politically active groups such as the National Rifle Association, to identify their contributors to federal tax officials.

The new policy, announced this week by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, achieves a longstanding goal of some conservative groups who say donor disclosure, even to the IRS, could subject their contributors to government intimidation and harassment.
"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...irs/792094002/

This happens just hours after Maria Butina was indicted. Just a happy coincidence, nothing to see.

Back in the USSA.
Old 07-17-18, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I saw this earlier today and had to dig it up. Along the same lines:
https://twitter.com/AngryBlackLady/s...42588832817152

He wants to see what it's saying. It's saying many things. Many many things. Some good things. Lots of good things, like how everyone loves him. But he just wants to see what it's saying... what it's whispering... what secrets does it hold deep in its heart of hearts...
And it's debatable whether these votes are legit.
Old 07-17-18, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 214 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/suaveqvlWP8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I just realized she's on GLOW
Old 07-17-18, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

It's worse than a back-off - it's completely contradictory statements within the same breath. If he thinks, "it could be other people," then he doesn't actually accept the intelligence community's conclusion that it was Russia.
Old 07-17-18, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

"By publicly kowtowing to Putin and throwing his own spies under the bus, while spouting tinfoil conspiracy theories about Hillary, Trump effectively ended his presidency in Helsinki yesterday.

The rest is #details -- & up to Bob Mueller."

Donald Trump Tosses Word-Salad, Ends His Presidency in Helsinki

...That presser will go down in the record books and will be discussed and dissected by historians and pundits as long as Donald Trump is remembered. It was frankly an outrage for anyone who cares about America and the West and our shared values, which are under attack by Vladimir Putin, who has unleashed his powerful spy agencies, spreading spies, hackers, and lies to undermine our democracies—and none more than America’s in 2016.

...Per his custom, Trump made clear that, morally speaking, America is in no position to judge Russia: “I think the United States has been foolish. I think we have all been foolish. We should have had this dialogue a long time ago, a long time frankly before I got to office. I think we’re all to blame.” That Trump uttered this just a day before the fourth anniversary of the Russian military’s shoot-down of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 over Russian-occupied Eastern Ukraine, killing 298 innocents, made this especially repulsive.
Much more in the op-ed at the link above.
Old 07-17-18, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Isn't that Kushner's former paper?
Old 07-17-18, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone see when the lights went out during Trump's shitshow today? He made a "joke" about how it must be the intelligence community. I guess he thinks they're his enemy now.

For a second I thought some crazy shit was about to happen.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.