Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 07-16-18, 08:10 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 251 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Originally Posted by brayzie View Post
I think part of the novelty for him is/was that he seemed to slightly deviate from the party-think when it went against his own beliefs. He actually criticized Dinesh D'Souza for his campaign donation fraud, and was #NeverTrump initially.
The #NeverTrump thing actually hurt him initially when Milo Yiannoplous and the Alt-Right went after him calling him a "cuck." His fanbase and views took a big hit at the time.
In hindsight though, a lot of the times it's just a ruse to give the fascade of objectivity. He criticized D'Souza but simultaneously entertained the theory that he was targeted by the Obama Administration because of the documentary he made.
Yeah. Shapiro going on Maher's show recently and saying now that he might vote for Trump (something about "he's already destroyed the social fabric of the nation and it can't get much worse") should have been enough for his never-Trump fans to ditch him too... But many haven't.

There's a Canadian guy that has a popular conservative YouTube channel and his latest video is entitled "THE NATO SCAM."
He also has the schtick where he's supposedly not a Trump supporter, admits that Trump says idiotic things, but then excuses and supports him at every turn.
THAT guy is Canadian? I didn't realize. Ugh. What is it with conservative (or "classical liberal") Canadian YouTubers being super popular with conservative Americans? It's strange.

I like to read and hear different viewpoints in politics, but when these people have a financial stake in it (YouTube views, subscribers, ad revenue), the veracity and integrity of their entire content is going to be compromised.
Yeah, the financial thing plays a big part, but the things you're talking about are usually fairly minimal. Its direct financing that is far more troublesome. I would not be surprised if the guy you're talking about is also funded by the same billionaires that fund Rubin, Prager, Kirk, and others, in addition to their adoring fans shelling out cash on Patreon. I'm not concerned about fans helping out folks, but the shady billionaire funding gives me pause. Rubin, for example, denounced "leftism" and started calling himself a "classical liberal" around the time the Koch Bros started funding his show.

If you haven't watched the Kanye episode of Some More News, you should check it out. It covers a lot of that stuff. They're obviously a left-leaning show, but I believe they provide a source list for all the stuff they talk about in each episode.
Old 07-16-18, 08:10 PM

Received 507 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Trump Supporters have supported Nazis AND Communists in one fell swoop when they voted. Your Grandpappies would be proud!!
And are pretty quiet around here today.
Old 07-16-18, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 245 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
And welcome to a different kind of hell America
I'd like to think whatever would be left of this term would make him a lame duck.

Of course Pence benefited from Russian meddling with Trump so he should be out the door too.
Old 07-16-18, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Of course Pence benefited from Russian meddling with Trump so he should be out the door too.
Old 07-16-18, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Trump's new pet name from Putin is Ben Tover.
Old 07-16-18, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn it, I now regret not studying Russian when I was in school. At least I could have talked to the guards.
Old 07-16-18, 08:50 PM

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Trump Supporters have supported Nazis AND Communists in one fell swoop when they voted. Your Grandpappies would be proud!!
Yeah, but at least a white man is running things again.
Old 07-16-18, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Old 07-16-18, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Eh?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">President Trump has one item on his schedule Tuesday — what appears to be an emergency meeting with members of Congress. It wasn't on his weekly schedule released just before Putin meeting. <a href="https://t.co/qcnCFiYbuL">pic.twitter.com/qcnCFiYbuL</a></p>&mdash; Gregory Korte (@gregorykorte) <a href="https://twitter.com/gregorykorte/status/1018996411868868608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 07-16-18, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EinCB View Post
Eh?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">President Trump has one item on his schedule Tuesday — what appears to be an emergency meeting with members of Congress. It wasn't on his weekly schedule released just before Putin meeting. <a href="https://t.co/qcnCFiYbuL">pic.twitter.com/qcnCFiYbuL</a></p>&mdash; Gregory Korte (@gregorykorte) <a href="https://twitter.com/gregorykorte/status/1018996411868868608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Being called to the Principles office? Or is this a show “we sat POTUS down and explained the situation. We are all on the same page now”. And nothing will happen.
Old 07-16-18, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm sure this is totally just a coincidence. Totally...

Old 07-16-18, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post
Being called to the Principles office? Or is this a show “we sat POTUS down and explained the situation. We are all on the same page now”. And nothing will happen.
Yep, they'll say they had a talk and came to an agreement, and then he'll just spew the same shit he always has.
Old 07-16-18, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 203 Likes on 121 Posts

Exactly. We’ll be on to the next crisis next week.
Old 07-16-18, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

It's a "let me assure you, Putin has a distraction to take the heat off us coming..." meeting
Old 07-16-18, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Eh?

4:00PM - Golf
Old 07-16-18, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 245 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I'm sure this is totally just a coincidence. Totally...

https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status...20659991642117
Old 07-16-18, 10:06 PM

Received 228 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls View Post
I don't mean to call you out in particular, but these kind of "greatest hits" replies ("but her emails" in particular, but also "mustard," "tan suit," etc.) don't contribute anything and aren't funny. Let's retire them.
On second thought, no. I'm sorry, but no. The President of the United States of America literally brought up her emails while deflecting a question about Russia's involvement with the 2016 election. He's bringing it up. Over and over. People writing, "But her emails!" here out of frustration or anger or amusement is NOTHING compared to this. Nothing.

So let me write it again:

But her emails.
Old 07-16-18, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

JFC...

I’d really like to hear trump's explanation of how Capone and Manafort are alike. Not that an explanation from trump would ever make any goddamn sense.
Old 07-16-18, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh?

Putin probably told him he needs to end the Mueller investigation "now"
Old 07-16-18, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The POTUS sold out his own country today.
I hope all those jack-hill, racist, border wall wanting, fucks who voted for him, are proud.
Old 07-16-18, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Still waiting for Paul Ryan or McConnell to actually say something...Country first, guys? What a joke...

Also just sat through the Hannity interview...Just when you thought it couldn't get worse Trump feels the need to double down on the crazy...Insane...
Old 07-16-18, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, the silence from the Trump supporters on the forum is deafening.
Old 07-16-18, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that claims that Trump committed treason are a bit misplaced. Impeachable offenses? Absolutely. But one of the requirements for treason is aiding an enemy. Russia technically has not been declared an enemy. We have American companies doing business with Russia. That wouldn’t be happening if Russia were a declared enemy.

I think citizens need to put pressure on their republican representatives to put pressure on Trump to resign or face impeachment.

Here’s an article from the Washington Post outlining the issue:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...5fc_story.html
Old 07-16-18, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by WCChiCubsFan View Post
Wow, the silence from the Trump supporters on the forum is deafening.
I imagine, based on today's events, they'll probably stay away for at least a few days...lol...And Trump aint helping himself by going on Hannity...
Old 07-16-18, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 272 Likes on 207 Posts

Is there any doubt now that Trump isma fucking quisling?

JFC...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.