Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 07-15-18, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Look at this fucking moron...

Well, the RNC absolutely WAS hacked.
As usual, he has zero idea what he's talking about.
Or he does, but he's just doing Putin's bidding...
Old 07-15-18, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
.Fox News did talk about this at least once on-air, but they presented it as someone else's argument -- Ben Carson said it -- rather than their own, at least in the example I could find.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tTmckQCVU50" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Oh my God. That video has 10 views and I added one to it.
Old 07-15-18, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, we don't, and no, he didn't. It was definitely making the rounds, and I saw stuff like this from several relatives on Facebook, although I'd attribute it more to the crackpot right wing underground rather than a more prominent voice like Breitbart or Fox News. Many small voices can make a ruckus, even if they're not as booming as one loud voice would be.

Fox News did talk about this at least once on-air, but they presented it as someone else's argument -- Ben Carson said it -- rather than their own, at least in the example I could find.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tTmckQCVU50" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't quickly find any articles on foxnews.com to this effect or from Breitbart.
I was a pretty regular viewer during Obama's first term, (less so during his 2nd) and don't recall any of the Fox News hosts themselves making the claim, but did have guests on who would make the claim (unchallenged by the host). The host would respond with some comment about the guest making a credible case. Giving airtime to the claim without challenge is an implicit agreement of the claim.

That, and many other unfounded and ludicrous claims were made about Obama. Those things HAD to have factored into his decision to treat the Russian meddling the way that he did. As I said, I don't think he was a very good president, but given the situation he was in, he did the best he could.
Old 07-15-18, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
That one recording of that broadcast posted by a third party to YouTube is not the only way people could see that segment. Millions of people watch Fox News Sunday; don't try to pretend this one YouTube file is the only way it was seen.

Also, the video is showing me it has 10 views as well, so I suspect the counter is not accurate.
Old 07-15-18, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
That one recording of that broadcast posted by a third party to YouTube is not the only way people could see that segment. Millions of people watch Fox News Sunday; don't try to pretend this one YouTube file is the only way it was seen.

Also, the video is showing me it has 10 views as well, so I suspect the counter is not accurate.
Another thing done half-heartedly by Perry. Shocking.
Old 07-15-18, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
So the new "Axis of Evil" is Russia (in certain respects), China (economically) and....the EU?
Old 07-15-18, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

How many people do you think saw it when it aired on Fox? More than 10?
Old 07-15-18, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
How many people do you think saw it when it aired on Fox? More than 10?
I'm pretty sure there are more than 10 old white racist people in the US.
Old 07-15-18, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Cool. cool cool cool...

What American has ever said to themselves, "Gee, Russia giving us Moscow would be swell!"
Like, how does that thought even enter your mind?

But now I'll consider him a failure if he doesn't return with Moscow. I have high expectations for my president!
Old 07-15-18, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll consider it a failure if he returns from Moscow.
Old 07-15-18, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What the fuck is he talking about? The dementia is really kicking in now.
Old 07-15-18, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I'll consider it a failure if he returns from Moscow.
I’ll consider it a failure if we let him back in.
Old 07-15-18, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, we don't, and no, he didn't. It was definitely making the rounds, and I saw stuff like this from several relatives on Facebook, although I'd attribute it more to the crackpot right wing underground rather than a more prominent voice like Breitbart or Fox News. Many small voices can make a ruckus, even if they're not as booming as one loud voice would be.
My aunt was posting this stuff on Facebook as well... she also posted a link to a youtube "prophecy" by a charismatic "pastor" that Obama would never leave the White House when Trump won and the Democratic coup was going to happen. I remember it had several hundred thousand views.
Old 07-15-18, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cool. cool cool cool...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...30167902228480
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...30173006692352
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...30179549822977

What American has ever said to themselves, "Gee, Russia giving us Moscow would be swell!"

But now I'll consider him a failure if he doesn't return with Moscow. I have high expectations for my president!
Reading these my first thought is “those are fake. Made up to make Trump look like an idiot”. But then I realize no one could think up such shit as Trump.

Maybe he will get a hand shake deal for Putin to give up all nukes...
Old 07-15-18, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Look at this fucking moron...

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1018505111751069697

Well, the RNC absolutely WAS hacked.
As usual, he has zero idea what he's talking about.
Or he does, but he's just doing Putin's bidding...
Trump simultaneously blames the victim and makes a false and fallacious argument. There is reason to believe that Republicans were hacked, too, but given that Russia was trying to hurt Democrats and help Republicans, they didn't release the stolen GOP data before the election. The truth is that most of the time, countries don't publicly release this type of info. They use it in other ways.
Old 07-15-18, 03:36 PM

Cool. cool cool cool...

Trump is just playing the victim again. He's the biggest cry-bully on the planet.

Old 07-15-18, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls View Post
Louise Mensch is a loon and nothing she says should ever be posted in this thread. The unnamed US citizen in the indictment is Roger Stone. Stone posted the conversation with Guccifer last year.
That's why I said read it carefully.

paragraph 44: "On or about August 15, 2016, the conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, wrote to a person who was in regular contact with senior members of the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump...

Yes, Roger Stone is almost certainly the person who was in direct contact with Guccifer.
Stone has since also admitted that the only one in the campaign he was ever in contact with was DJT directly.

That's a slam dunk assertion that DJT WAS MATERIALLY ENGAGED IN ESPIONAGE.

The previous post, where I quoted Sean's post quoting Mensch's tweet, was meant to show that in that exact same time frame, more or less to the day, something very specific happened in the Trump campaign- Trump hired Bannon

From June 2014 until he signed on to lead the Trump campaign in August 2016, Bannon served as Cambridge Analytica's vice president. Trump would later hire Bannon to serve as his chief strategist in the White House.

The Trump campaign hired the data analysis firm to lead its digital advertising efforts in June 2016.
Stone was definitely an intermediary from the Russian military (posing as Guccifer) to "senior members of the campaign".

Despite Stone's blathering, the indictment specifies members - plural.
And who had a shiny new senior position, with a specialized title, in the campaign, who also held an executive position with a monstrous data analysis apparatus?

Stone will be the link that ties the campaign to the receipt of stolen goods.

Bannon is the link that will tie the campaign to defrauding the government and subverting the election through his company's use of the stolen Clinton analytics.
Old 07-15-18, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know this is the conspiracy thread now, but I googled "obama suspend 2016 election" and nothing turned up from Fox News, Drudge or any right news sources. Found these which could be the source of some of that discussion.
Majority of Democrats want third term for Obama
Four More Years

I did get some scare articles from the left afraid that Trump will cancel the 2020 election. That would fit perfectly in this conspiracy thread.

For context about the right wing mindset at that time-
Houston Chronicle 2015:

Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover

Before Gov. Greg Abbott last month directed the Texas State Guard to monitor Jade Helm 15, his office offered a much more measured response to scores of people who wrote or called expressing concern that the planned military exercise could mean martial law, gun seizures and the use of shuttered Walmarts for nefarious purposes.

Hundreds of letters and emails to Abbott's office obtained by the San Antonio Express-News under the Public Information Act show that before he ordered the State Guard to keep an eye on the operation, he heard from scores of concerned citizens about a possible federal takeover of Texas.
Houston Chronicle 2018:

Russian bots fueled Jade Helm fears in Texas, says former CIA chief Michael Hayden

AUSTIN — Russian bots helped fuel fears in Texas over the Jade Helm military exercise three years ago in a test by Moscow that led to a misinformation campaign in the U.S. electoral process, the former CIA director asserted this week.
Michael Hayden, in an interview on MSNBC's Morning Joe show on Wednesday, said the Jade Helm controversy in 2015 was stirred by the Russians as a test to see how much influence they could exert through online means.
After Gov. Greg Abbott put the state guard on call to monitor the federal training exercises, Hayden speculated that the Russians decided to expand their disinformation campaign.
oh those wacky Russian PsyOps...

But yeah, this was the kind of shit that didn't allow Obama much leeway to make unilateral decisions/pronouncements in regards to the 2016 elections, especially when it came to matters that had never had precedent here in anyone's lifetime.
Old 07-15-18, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool. cool cool cool...

Trump has already said he takes Putin at his word that Russia didn’t meddle in the election (you know, despite what every US intelligence agency has said). There is no way anyone expects that moron to leave Russia with ANYTHING.

Those tweets are doing nothing but setting the stage for Trump to complain that he knew all along that he wouldn’t win in the media’s eyes after this Russia summit. When the media inevitably writes negative stories on this summit, Trump gets to throw up his hands and say “see, I told you that’s how the media would react!” He’s a martyr to his supporters.
Old 07-15-18, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Fox News did talk about this at least once on-air, but they presented it as someone else's argument -- Ben Carson said it -- rather than their own, at least in the example I could find.

I can't quickly find any articles on foxnews.com to this effect or from Breitbart.
In an interesting twist of irony, there's a pro-Trump conspiracy theory called QAnon/The Storm that claims Trump is going to declare martial law. The level of delusion among its adherents is both amusing and frightening.
Old 07-15-18, 08:03 PM

Wikileaks practicing "journalism" (aka sabotage of a political party)

Tracing Guccifer 2.0’s Many Tentacles in the 2016 Election at NYTimes.com

The message from WikiLeaks in July 2016 to a group of Russian intelligence officers who prosecutors say were posing as a Romanian hacker named Guccifer 2.0 urged swift action before the opening of the Democratic National Convention that month.

“If you have anything hillary related we want it in the next tweo days prefable because the DNC is approaching,” the error-ridden message read. “and she will solidify bernie supporters behind her after.”
Old 07-15-18, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
In an interesting twist of irony, there's a pro-Trump conspiracy theory called QAnon/The Storm that claims Trump is going to declare martial law. The level of delusion among its adherents is both amusing and frightening.
I agree. Fear can cause some people to become irrational.
Old 07-15-18, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Fear can cause some people to become irrational.
I’m certain that’s Trump re-election strategy.
Old 07-15-18, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/ProfTimBale?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ProfTimBale</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/EaAlex27?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EaAlex27</a> <a href="https://t.co/ZYuKPKw0ZK">pic.twitter.com/ZYuKPKw0ZK</a></p>&mdash; John Rogan (@JRogan3000) <a href="https://twitter.com/JRogan3000/status/1018226572191559680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 07-16-18, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Before Putin takes off from Moscow, POTUS signals he will not be holding him to account for attacking. The American homeland. Amazing stuff, tweeps. Amazing stuff. <a href="https://t.co/NqRjxoZNfQ">pic.twitter.com/NqRjxoZNfQ</a></p>&mdash; Molly McKew (@MollyMcKew) <a href="https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew/status/1018805633523609600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amazing that we're all still not on the same page yet.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.