Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Old 07-12-18, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Official Trump Presidency Thread, Part 2

Gowdy owned

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">Wow <a href="https://t.co/nyRwPTGojO">pic.twitter.com/nyRwPTGojO</a></p>&mdash; Josh Marshall (@joshtpm) <a href="https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1017430161472610304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 07-12-18, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Wow that last sentence is a real mind blower. Columbus police sounds like a real clown show
Yes, it is.
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
These hicks thought they could pull small town shit on someone who has a good lawyer with a fair chance of taking down the president.
Columbus is, after Chicago, the largest city in the Midwest, with a metro population over two million.
Old 07-12-18, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gowdy took a two minute beatdown. I wonder if they are going to make The Hills Have Eyes 3?
Old 07-12-18, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cungar View Post
Gowdy owned

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">Wow <a href="https://t.co/nyRwPTGojO">pic.twitter.com/nyRwPTGojO</a></p>&mdash; Josh Marshall (@joshtpm) <a href="https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1017430161472610304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Holy shit. That was something.

Too bad articulate, intelligent and reasonable people have no place in the current administration.
Old 07-12-18, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Yes, it is.
Columbus is, after Chicago, the largest city in the Midwest, with a metro population over two million.
Not to argue against your larger point -- Columbus is a big city -- but Minneapolis-St. Paul, Detroit, and Cincinnati have larger metro areas.
Old 07-12-18, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't understand why he doesn't just answer every question with "I don't recall", it works for republicans when they are testifying.
Old 07-12-18, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sure Fox will spin this as an ass whipping when it comes to a conclusion. It's funny how one of his texts that he was asked to read was in response to how destabilizing he would be with NATO while that summit just wrapped up. Could it be any more coincidental or apropos?
Old 07-12-18, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I for one am loving Strzok and his blistering takedowns of the Republicans and their grandstanding bullshit.
Old 07-12-18, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Holy shit. That was something.

Too bad articulate, intelligent and reasonable people have no place in the current administration.
Even if they were, what articulate, intelligent and reasonable person would join that shitshow?
Old 07-12-18, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Dude, they (the dudes in that police department) are still hicks, and I said they're trying to pull small town shit, not that they are a small town.
Old 07-12-18, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven View Post
That's real life for you. The more articulate, intelligent, and reasonable they are, the angrier the other side gets. There's something inside of people that finds it upsetting. I've always had a very socially disconnected/awkward and problem-solving attitude. And so I have a lot of experience with it.
Old 07-12-18, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is some real life shit here and we have some sad sacks worrying about some texts rather than what is or isn't actually going on.
Old 07-12-18, 01:52 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

this is hilarious

Point of order!

Also take a look at 1:20 into it,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HCwrt_byj3M" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-12-18, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Louis Gohmert just made the most outrageous, asinine statement yet, saying that Strzok probably lies to his wife as well. Way over the line. Not appropriate at a hearing like this. You could even hear one of the Dems yell in the background "Are you off your meds?" right after he made that comment. Gohmert takes the cake when it comes to crazy...But Goodlatte, Jim Jordan, and Gowdy definitely give him a run for the money...

Last edited by Goonies85; 07-12-18 at 02:14 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 07-12-18, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gohmert argued that there were anomalies found in Clinton's emails thus proving that Russian involvement in our Democratic process happened.
Old 07-12-18, 02:16 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Strzok is handling himself well.

Old 07-12-18, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BDB View Post
Boy this text message nonsense is really all the Repubs have, isn't it? They are throwing everything at the wall, no matter how asinine and out of line, to make SOMETHING stick so they can justify their support of Donald Trump.

Though considering the tone Trump has set for public discourse with his official Presidential statements, I shouldn't be surprised to see what's happening to the Repubs who support him too.
Old 07-12-18, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
That's real life for you. The more articulate, intelligent, and reasonable they are, the angrier the other side gets. There's something inside of people that finds it upsetting. I've always had a very socially disconnected/awkward and problem-solving attitude. And so I have a lot of experience with it.
It's why Obama drove trump and the Right so crazy.
Old 07-12-18, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So how exactly are we as a country going to get past where we are when people like Gowdy, Gohmert, Goodlatte, etc. are elected and re-elected, and others think that combating disrespect, insults, and incivility requires doing the same?
Old 07-12-18, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Agreed, I think he's held up very well and actually seems to be getting more and more comfortable over time. He's even began slightly raising his voice from time to time, especially after being grilled by a douche like Gohmert.

The hearings are riveting but enormously frustrating and disheartening. It seems like every Dem that speaks sounds reasonable and sane, whereas the vast majority of the Republicans just sound like angry old men who completely lack any sense of shame...

I'd love to see the sort of text messages that are sent by people like Jordan, Nunes, Gohmert, and Gowdy...Pretty sure there'd be some interesting info to be found...
Old 07-12-18, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As good as Strzok has been doing, notice the narrative forming here. As mentioned earlier, they're falling back on the "smug liberal elite" characterization. I'm sure that's going to be the angle on Fox tonight.
Old 07-12-18, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm also not liking how many of the Republicans are "granting" most of their time to the most aggressive members on their side of the aisle (I've already seen some give their time to Jim Jordan so he can rant again, and others have given their time to Gowdy). I wish Gowdy would just challenge Strzok to a fist-fight and then Gowdy would get his ass handed to him...

Someone needs to explain to the Republicans what "sarcasm" is, especially in text form...If I say "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse," I don't mean that I could literally eat a horse...Gowdy seems to have taken everything that Strzok has ever texts literally...

Last edited by Goonies85; 07-12-18 at 03:00 PM. Reason: added thoughts
Old 07-12-18, 03:14 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

Originally Posted by Goonies85 View Post
Agreed, I think he's held up very well and actually seems to be getting more and more comfortable over time. He's even began slightly raising his voice from time to time, especially after being grilled by a douche like Gohmert.

The hearings are riveting but enormously frustrating and disheartening. It seems like every Dem that speaks sounds reasonable and sane, whereas the vast majority of the Republicans just sound like angry old men who completely lack any sense of shame...

I'd love to see the sort of text messages that are sent by people like Jordan, Nunes, Gohmert, and Gowdy...Pretty sure there'd be some interesting info to be found...
I agree 100%, and yet the Trump/Republican base will see this as a vindication of their belief in the "deep state"and how "biased" the entire Mueller investigation is.
Old 07-12-18, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is where you wish you could hear what Gowdy and his ilk say behind closed doors. I bet they don't choose their words wisely and would likely shock many of their constituents.
Old 07-12-18, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When Ace Ventura is name dropped, you know things have gone haywire. lol!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.